Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: General A-League Thread

General A-League Thread

a thread to talk all other a-league teams and just generally the league.

sydney fc have included free public transport in their memberships:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/24421...-fc-games.aspx

Free Public Transport To Sydney FC Games

SYDNEY FC today offered its fans free public transport to matches at Allianz Stadium in a bid to fend off competition from new rivals Western Sydney Wanderers.

“Sydney FC has members and fans all over Sydney and we will not be deserting them,” said Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata.

“Sydney FC has worked hard over the last eight years to form relationships with members, fans, football clubs and associations all over Sydney and we will be loyal to those people in the face of what is an exciting rivalry with Western Sydney.”

Public transport will now be included in membership for next season, after a deal with Transport for NSW will allow Sydney FC fans to use rail, bus and ferries to get to the stadium on matchday.

Sydney FC becomes the first sports team across any code in Sydney to offer the integrated ticket offer for all home games.

Members and ticket holders will be entitled to travel on all CityRail services, the Special Event shuttle buses between Central and Moore Park, all regular Sydney Buses (STA) services, Liverpool to Parramatta Tway buses and Sydney Ferries at no additional cost.

The integrated ticketing deal will also include fans who pre-purchase matchday tickets to Sydney FC’s games at Allianz Stadium, which will include the derby with the Western Sydney Wanderers on December 15 and two clashes with arch rivals Melbourne Victory.

Members and fans will be able to travel free from Newcastle, Goulburn, Wollongong and Lithgow, helping Sydney FC fans based all over the Greater Sydney region.

Free buses will also run between Central Station and Allianz Stadium from two hours before kick off through to an hour after each home game.

“We received a lot of feedback from Members and fans regarding the transport to and from Allianz Stadium and we’re happy to announce that all members and ticket holders will travel free to Sydney FC games on public transport,” Pignata said.

“A lot of our members and fans come from areas that have a convenient public transport system to be able to get to Allianz Stadium and they can now enjoy that system free of charge.

“Sydney FC also acknowledges the financial burden travelling to and from any sporting event can have on families and this should help lighten that burden.”

Sydney FC becomes the first sports team across any code in Sydney to offer the integrated ticket offer for all home games.
    Could swear swans have been doing this.

Members and fans will be able to travel free from Newcastle, Goulburn, Wollongong and Lithgow, helping Sydney FC fans based all over the Greater Sydney region.
    Would help ensure decent traveling numbers.... No more excuses!

please tell me we're not considered apart of the greater sydney region.

the fact that they've brought up the "greater sydney region" means their home crowds are even more pitiful.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    http://www.cityrail.info/service_upd...k_calendar.pdf

buses replace trains on the weekend we're playing Sydney between Morriset and Newcastle

everyone go to http://www.cityrail.info/contact_us/feedback and complain about this trackwork

that sucks for those coming down. complaint sent.

pignata is going to make so many good changes to sydney. he was a great ceo choice for them. this is just the start. i love tearing into fc's crowd troubles as much as anyone else but i would love for them to be averaging 20,000 a game. it would be good for the league. wanderers are going to smash sydney crowds i think. just listening to people as i go about my work/travel/general life talk about the wanderers, there is just so much excitement. and i am a bloody nurse so most of the people i interact with are female and there is excitement from them. fc will struggle without changing the way they currently play the game. crook needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat with on field performances, they need to hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    that sucks for those coming down. complaint sent.

pignata is going to make so many good changes to sydney. he was a great ceo choice for them. this is just the start. i love tearing into fc's crowd troubles as much as anyone else but i would love for them to be averaging 20,000 a game. it would be good for the league. wanderers are going to smash sydney crowds i think. just listening to people as i go about my work/travel/general life talk about the wanderers, there is just so much excitement. and i am a bloody nurse so most of the people i interact with are female and there is excitement from them. fc will struggle without changing the way they currently play the game. crook needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat with on field performances, they need to hit the ground running.
    lulz, murse.

WSW have a buzz about them, something that Heart failed to do.

as militaboi pointed out though, heart didn't exactly have the chance to buzz as MV were the talk of the town for 2 seasons leading up to the hearts inception. WS have the best time to come in - sydney have been shit, have gotten shit crowds, and look shit for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Could swear swans have been doing this.
    Only the games they play at ANZ.

Would help ensure decent traveling numbers.... No more excuses!
    Wonder what their excuses will be when it has a minimal impact. They might finally realise that a winning team brings in the crowds ffs

pignata wants the first derby to be at allianz (taking home-advantage away from WS) but giving WS the gate-takings, just so they can attempt to pack out a 40k stadium as opposed to 21k parra stadium

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...rers-challenge

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Only the games they play at ANZ.
    They definitely used to do it at SCG. I can remember getting a 'swanslink' ticket

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    pignata wants the first derby to be at allianz (taking home-advantage away from WS) but giving WS the gate-takings, just so they can attempt to pack out a 40k stadium as opposed to 21k parra stadium

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...rers-challenge
    he trolls the westies lol
    betcha Gorman falls for it

wasn't the whole point behind western sydney that the stereotypical "football's heartland" bloke won't travel to the sfs for a game?

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    betcha Gorman falls for it
    I don't reckon he will.

Bresciano apparently training with the Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    wasn't the whole point behind western sydney that the stereotypical "football's heartland" bloke won't travel to the sfs for a game?
    Soon there'll be enough clubs for each ethnicity. White eagles w00t

Doesn't Bresciano have a multi-year deal with that UAE club still?

glory were offered 450k for smeltz from newy york redbulls & sage turned it down. good move imo. without smeltz, perth won't score goals.

Didn't the advisory board say Smeltz "wasn't worth $400,000" ?

the advisory board apparently have said, and say, a lot of things. unless you've heard it direct from them, i wouldn't get too worked up about them anymore.

and now the advisory board has been sacked

the circle of life continues

simba