Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1158

Thread: General A-League Thread

How many % to Man City (using the Plague methodology)?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    How many % to Man City (using the Plague methodology)?
    I'd say minimal.
    By the time Citeh got good most of the untapped markets had been exposed.

Banned
    Farque me, some of you are horrible people. Some professional footballers are paid effectively the minimum wage, an amount that makes even an office sh|t-kicker's salary look princely in comparison. Many excellent amateur footballers will never even consider playing full-time because to do so would mean losing $20k, $50k or more a year relative to their other job.

But the PFA is a cancer? Farque me. Actually, farque you and your support for an Indian-style labour market.
    I got no issue with the blokes on 55k a year at the HAL clubs

Where I do draw the line is the ****ers on 6 figures

I not talking about your Dimis and Roys amd Vargas etc

But that we are forced to pay 3million plus out on players so it jacks up the prices for all so you have blokes who are essentially average players in this league on your 100k + wages Hoole Boogaard Hoffman Elrich etc

The PFA are also strangling growth of the competition to protect this status quo

By having this artificial minimum spend of 3 million potential clubs and owners are priced out of the league as the model is flawed

We couldhave expansion much quicker if newclubs arent obligated to pay shit **** players 6 figure deals

The other thing 2 with the PFA is they are basically strangling access into the HAL for the 18/19 year old kids

So much so that by 20 they are cut and left in no mans land as far as a professional career goes

How many Nabbouts out there who have not made it at a young age and then been cut to be left in the NPL/OS tinpot leagues and never given another opportunity as some **** thinks it necessary to give Daniel Mullen or Matt Simon or Raheem or Ben Kennedy or Fabio Ferreira another go at it??

PFA are a ****ing joke

They are not fighting for opportunity for pro footballers in Australia at all levels

They protecting the Socceroos and HAL players being over paid at the expense of our game

**** them and the horse they rode in on

Honda to Victory all but confirmed.

THIS is a great signing. Great Marquee. Globally renowned name in Football. Will bring a tonne of eyes from Japan and Asia to Australia and will engage with the Victorian Asian demographic.

Good work by Victory.

Fu¢k Victory.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Honda to Victory all but confirmed.

THIS is a great signing. Great Marquee. Globally renowned name in Football. Will bring a tonne of eyes from Japan and Asia to Australia and will engage with the Victorian Asian demographic.

Good work by Victory.
    Why is he coming here??

It aint like he cant play any more

He played for the Japs in Russia FFS

Why is he coming to this football backwater of all places ??

Farque me, some of you are horrible people. Some professional footballers are paid effectively the minimum wage, an amount that makes even an office sh|t-kicker's salary look princely in comparison. Many excellent amateur footballers will never even consider playing full-time because to do so would mean losing $20k, $50k or more a year relative to their other job.
    In other words according to the market they are better at their regular jobs than they are football. So relatively speaking they should not be professional footballers.

Comparative vs Absolute advantage.

Moreover, many office shit kickers in the private sector do not earn anywhere near $55k a year. A lot of them would struggle to earn $40k, and those that are part-time earn even less, then you have casuals on even less again but with no sick leave or paid annual leave entitlements.

The footballers do very well in comparison.

Can you imagine an office worker failing too perform in the role ? They'd be on a dole Que quicker than you can blink.

A professional footballer can be shit for the term of their contract and still receive full pay and entitlements for the duration of the contract.

When was the last time a footballer had to meet performance criteria on a weekly basis to keep their pay cheques coming in every week ?

I'm not for paying anyone less - but if you are concerned about people getting paid according to what they need rather than what they are offered then Capitalism probably isn't for you.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-08-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why is he coming here??

It aint like he cant play any more

He played for the Japs in Russia FFS

Why is he coming to this football backwater of all places ??
    Why do all players move? $$$$$$$$$$$

Arzani to Celtic?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    http://global.espn.com/football/socc...celtic-sources

bought by Man City and loaned to Celtic - international media reporting it, not just the nupties at Fox

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/ale...s-done-deals-4

Looking at those lists who’s coming out best and worst in terms of off-season transfers to you guys? Sydney have to be the worst so far but a couple of teams are doing some decent recruitment going forward so hard to pick a best

Also, what are your thoughts on our off-season? I think we’re doing amazing by getting rid of all of the deadweight from last season and aiming to improve on that by signing better players going forward
    Last edited by Mark325; 12-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

Looking at those lists who’s coming out best and worst in terms of off-season transfers to you guys? Sydney have to be the worst so far but a couple of teams are doing some decent recruitment going forward so hard to pick a best

Also, what are your thoughts on our off-season? I think we’re doing amazing by getting rid of all of the deadweight from last season and aiming to improve on that by signing better players going forward
    All depends on how we use the 2 foriegn spots left

Mariners are doing pretty well.

Banned
    Just to show what a ****ing joke the HAL is Honda besides being Marquee man for VARtree and the poster boy of the comp etc

Has today accepted a role as Cambodian FAs General Manager

Absolute pissing myself laughing at this

Obviously feels the league here is that weak he can multi task

Bloke is now deadset taking the piss

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Just to show what a ****ing joke the HAL is Honda besides being Marquee man for VARtree and the poster boy of the comp etc

Has today accepted a role as Cambodian FAs General Manager

Absolute pissing myself laughing at this

Obviously feels the league here is that weak he can multi task

Bloke is now deadset taking the piss
    By Video Chat as well
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Where has Ryhs Williams gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Where has Ryhs Williams gone?
    Middle east

Someone on Twitter said this was a breach of FIFA regs:

Someone on Twitter said this was a breach of FIFA regs:

Might need another image. Can't resize it to read it.

Adelaide has picked up some good players but lost an equal amount. So no idea how they will go.

Brisbane are picking up good scraps but didn't have much to work with before hand so no idea there either.

Mariners have replaces 3/4 of a rubbish squad with a bunch of no bodies and old timers. Spoon favourites for sure.

Citeh have lost Arzani and therefore any chance of winning the league. Unless they sign someone big I can see them finishing the same as last year.

Victory have lost their defence but Neidermeier is quality and the FBs they signed are good enough for the HAL. Berisha will be a huge loss for them and they will be weaker for it. They will go nowhere in ACL and be top 4 again in the HAL.

Jets have cut some dead weight but don't have a striker. If we don't sign two decent visa players I won't be confident of another GF appearance.

Perth have signed an entire back line and one of every other position as well. Have probably gone over the cap and will be kicked out of the finals again. Watching Santalab score against the wankerers will be great to see though.

Sydney FC must be waiting for the FFA to announce their new rules before announcing anyone. If they don't sign anyone else they will be caught very easily, if they sign another 20 goal a season striker then it will be their's to lose again.

Wellington have recruited decent players but have a numpty coach who will be sacked after about 10 weeks and are just trying not to get relegated in a one tier football comp.

Wanderers have signed the best players for mine. Baumjohann is a great signing, Zeigler is perfect for our level of football. Coach will have instant respect and could do well. Not sure where the assists will come from now that Lustica has been moved on.

So i'd say

Good window

Wanderers, Victory, Perth, Wellington.

Bad Window so far

Mariners, Sydney

Not much has changed

Jets, Adelaide, Brisbane, Citeh,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.