Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: General A-League Thread

Tony Sage holding presser at 2pm rumours are Fergie gone
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Tony Sage holding presser at 2pm rumours are Fergie gone
    Wouldn't it be funny if he sacked Van Egmond.

bvdb left perth to go to india, but contract negs have broken down.

i'm genuinely sick of feeling like we have to sign blokes, because i'm always majorly let down when we don't sign them, but ffs he is one of the best cbs in the hal i've seen. probably hasn't had the greatest year this year, but could be great for us. would love to see him partner chapman
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    bvdb left perth to go to india, but contract negs have broken down.

i'm genuinely sick of feeling like we have to sign blokes, because i'm always majorly let down when we don't sign them, but ffs he is one of the best cbs in the hal i've seen. probably hasn't had the greatest year this year, but could be great for us. would love to see him partner chapman
    I second that, far better than our current mob at present(chapman to be better one day)

Sydney to announce a new player signing tomorrow. Rumours abound, links to BVDB, Carney, Djulbic and Neill.

*edit*

Apparently it is Jarrod Kyle.
    Last edited by Grimario; 12-02-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Who?
    Played for Sheffield Wednesday youth academy. Scored an absolute cracker of a goal last season or the season before, think it won goal of the year. Will see if I can find it.

Ok, so it was the youth academy goal of the season. Second goal in this clip. Aww god that music is awful.

Last edited by Grimario; 12-02-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if he sacked Van Egmond.

the nix have signed kfc hernandez.

absolute legend, probably my favourite player to watch after the griff in this league, gives hope for us all

Banned
    How bad were the Roar in the ACL Play Off last night??? Lifeless and not interested. How bad were the 3 pens??

Hopefully as punishment they get MADE to play in the AFC Cup against all the obscure Asian teams in some real 3rd world shitholes

Disgrace. Now relying on the Gypos to not embarass this country.Like that will not happen

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Hopefully as punishment they get MADE to play in the AFC Cup against all the obscure Asian teams in some real 3rd world shitholes
    lol

Disgrace. Now relying on the Gypos to not embarass this country.Like that will not happen
    would rather see the disgrace

Shitney making major announcement at 3pm - rumours are Farina will get the coaching gig fulltime with a two year contract
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    would rather see the disgrace
    is the correct answer
    we will loose

Glad to see Del Piero is sticking around for another season.

A good thing for the league

Sydney once again. Now it's official, I have renewed my contract with Sydney FC for one more year. That's what I wanted, and that's what the club wanted. My choice, our choice.

I would like to thank all who have shown their interest towards me, all those who have considered a possibility to approach me, but I still have a lot to do in Sydney and I don't want to stop.

I'm grateful to those who wanted me in the first place and wanted to keep me here for another year, I would like to thank the owners of the club and its President, Sydney FC management and all our fans: I can't wait to celebrate the renewal under the Cove with my "tongue out" and Sky Blues number 10 jersey on.

I'm happy to stay in Australia, and my choice apart from football career includes also my life and my family: I just love being here, we all feel at home and really welcomed by this extraordinary country.

I said that this choice wasn't based only on football, but it doesn't mean that football isn't on the first place. I am a football player and a sportsman: it is my profession and my passion. I feel that I still have a lot to give to my team and that's the main reason I want to keep on playing, I want to give my best, to face new challenges and to win.

And sorry if I don't have much time to think about next year… We are in the middle of Championship , on our way to play off, my team mates and technical staff are concentrated on reaching our targets. My main concern at this moment is about our next match.

C'mon Sky Blues!

Alessandro

Good for the league. time to lock in Emile.

Well that's the Alex Tobin medal locked in for another year.

Also, looks like Sydney are going to be struggling to fit their current squad under the cap unless Emo retires, due to Carle sitting on ~$650,000.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Don't worry, a cap increase by whatever Sydney's overrun is will be announced 3 days before the season starts