Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: General A-League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vikingjet View Post
    Little heads up - Jimmy Jeggo to be best young player in the HAL this season. Socceroo call-up within 12 months.

Big opinion of him from man in charge.

Love making predictions for season ahead.
    Luc will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingjet View Post
    Little heads up - Jimmy Jeggo to be best young player in the HAL this season. Socceroo call-up within 12 months.

Big opinion of him from man in charge.

Love making predictions for season ahead.
    http://www.newcastlefootball.net/for...DICTION-LEAGUE

the pissants are putting together what seems like an absolutely amazing squad on paper. recently signed a former chelsea prodigy & two argentinians with the tagline of "hopefully the next flores".

gk galekovic
    gk izzo

df boogard
    df mckain
    df cassio
    df golec
    df fyfe
    df bowles

mf malik
    mf caravella
    mf carrusca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Carrusca)
    mf vidosic
    mf barker-daish
    mf/df watson
    mf melling
    mf ferreira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1...se_footballer)
    mf ramsay
    mf barbiero

fw van dijk
    fw djite
    fw kamara
    fw morales (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jer%C3%...orales_Neumann)
    fw kostopoulos
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    the pissants are putting together what seems like an absolutely amazing squad on paper.

df boogard
    df mckain
    df cassio
    df golec
    df fyfe
    df bowles
    as good as those new blokes sound, their defense looks weak. Let's hope they are this years version of the Tards.
    Plus their coaching situation is always a larf. Guaranteed to implode at some stage this year.

bowles--mckain/boogs--fyfes beard--cassio is not too bad of a backline to me. if mckain doesn't have a self implosion he's a terrific centre back, and boogs is great cover. fyfe (inc beard) is as solid as any cb in the league. cassio is unreal - would have been in the socceroos if he was Australian.
    OK

*FREE
    So it's basically the same squad as last season + 3 new Argentine & Portuguese imports?

Their success will depend on how good these players are, if they are shit then Adelaide will be shit again imo.

melbourne heart are signing richard garcia
    OK

i still remember the world cup game v germany and how i felt when i found garcia was starting. Probably more verbeeks fault but still....a poor mans cahill is what he reminds me of. hard worker, with no real technical ability.

will do well in the HAL then
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

good engines, can nae believe gve didn't sign him

his latino wet dream

the jimmy smits of the a-league

Do we know anything about whether FFA or clubs are imposing any conditions on bringing banners/flags into the game? I read somewhere that last season, banners/flags had to be pre-approved to be brought in. Not sure how much this was enforced
    Also is there a Tifo thread for discussing banner/flag/standard ideas/designs/methods? Like we used to have

furns will confirm, but I believe the club changed that rule late in the season. Unfortunately they didn't tell anyone about it.

Richard Garcia confirmed signing at Heart.

He's Holman - without any discernable talent.

Will be Johnny Warren medallist this season.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

By Aidan Ormond: Follow him on Twitter @AidoThe442Ed
    Aug 27 2012 11:07
    Get more on: sydney | fc | barcelona | real | madrid | la | liga | epl | a-league
    EITHER Barcelona, Real Madrid or a powerhouse EPL club could play against Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium in what would be a huge pre-season friendly for local fans in 2013.
    au.fourfourtwo.com understands that two local promoters have proposals for the tour match to be played in Sydney - most likely in July.

The clubs being talked about include either Barca, Real Madrid or an unnamed EPL club with a big fan-base in Australia.

Negotiations are continuing and if the one-off game comes off, should prove a massive boost to the local game.

Barcelona in particular would be a huge drawcard given their brand of football and the fact they have arguably the world’s best player in Leo Messi.

Other drawcards Iniesta, Xavi, Villa and Fabregas would make such a game one of the greatest ever tour matches in Australia.

And for Real Madrid – who have made the US their off-season base in recent years – the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo would be just as big a drawcard as Messi. Other stars for the Whites include Alonso, Casillas, Ozil and Higuain.

In other news, Sydney FC are thought to be close to signing Indigenous teenage defender Keifer Dotti to a senior deal.

The powerfully built Rockdale Suns starlet has featured in recent Sydney FC trial games. The 18-year-old was identified last season by then youth team coach Ian Crook as an NYL player for the Sky Blues

nick carle has been let go for a year to the uae. returning the season afterwards.
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    lol

Which apparantly means they have a marquee spot available.

This is in the same comp where we couldn't sign a replacement marquee when Griffo was loaned to Beijing.

Seems stupid unless they have Culina all but locked it. Carle had been playing in a deeper role recently.

sydney fans are chatting up the prospect of culina being under the cap. i can't see him playing for that low coin - regardless of how broken he is.

sydney for the spoon for sure. gav to post up his predictions league link for sure. deans out for sure.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    sydney fans are chatting up the prospect of culina being under the cap. i can't see him playing for that low coin - regardless of how broken he is.
    In terms of ****ing up a season, this is on par with us sacking Culina the day of the season launch, us losing con halfway through, or generally any of our crisises over the years.

As for Culina, I can see why he would be a fit, Carle had been playing deeper recently, in the sort of role you would expect from Culina.

Either way, lulz