Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1158

Thread: General A-League Thread

Jets need to use a marquee foreign spot on Lustica to really signal their intentions of winning the league.

Hopefully they can get him on loan from Barca/Citeh or wherever he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Good window

Wanderers, Victory, Perth, Wellington.

Bad Window so far

Mariners, Sydney

Not much has changed

Jets, Adelaide, Brisbane, Citeh,
    I would agree with this pretty much, I think Brissy and Adelaide will probably stay in that camp with us and Citeh having the potential to go into more then likely the good window

Banned
    Adelaide has picked up some good players but lost an equal amount. So no idea how they will go.

Brisbane are picking up good scraps but didn't have much to work with before hand so no idea there either.

Mariners have replaces 3/4 of a rubbish squad with a bunch of no bodies and old timers. Spoon favourites for sure.

Citeh have lost Arzani and therefore any chance of winning the league. Unless they sign someone big I can see them finishing the same as last year.

Victory have lost their defence but Neidermeier is quality and the FBs they signed are good enough for the HAL. Berisha will be a huge loss for them and they will be weaker for it. They will go nowhere in ACL and be top 4 again in the HAL.

Jets have cut some dead weight but don't have a striker. If we don't sign two decent visa players I won't be confident of another GF appearance.

Perth have signed an entire back line and one of every other position as well. Have probably gone over the cap and will be kicked out of the finals again. Watching Santalab score against the wankerers will be great to see though.

Sydney FC must be waiting for the FFA to announce their new rules before announcing anyone. If they don't sign anyone else they will be caught very easily, if they sign another 20 goal a season striker then it will be their's to lose again.

Wellington have recruited decent players but have a numpty coach who will be sacked after about 10 weeks and are just trying not to get relegated in a one tier football comp.

Wanderers have signed the best players for mine. Baumjohann is a great signing, Zeigler is perfect for our level of football. Coach will have instant respect and could do well. Not sure where the assists will come from now that Lustica has been moved on.

So i'd say

Good window

Wanderers, Victory, Perth, Wellington.

Bad Window so far

Mariners, Sydney

Not much has changed

Jets, Adelaide, Brisbane, Citeh,
    Shouldnt the Gypos be in the not much has changed category??

Still they are the same broke arse peasants signing nobodies and never wasees they were last year

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Jets need to use a marquee foreign spot on Lustica to really signal their intentions of winning the league.

Hopefully they can get him on loan from Barca/Citeh or wherever he ends up.
    This is why you and I are the bestest of friends.

(FYI Signed for a mid table Croatian side already)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'm sorry for posting an image for ants. Second attempt:

Someone on Twitter said the Honda gig was in breach of FIFA regulations:

(FYI Signed for a mid table Croatian side already)
    Obvs not mid table for long with the maestro pulling on a shirt for them.

Banned
    Ben Halloran has returned to the HAL with the Pissants

Adam Le Fondre from Bolton to Sydney FC. I was expecting someone a little more exciting.

Daniel Garb reporting on reports Siem De Jong to Sydney FC on loan.

Ola Toivonen is the best forward in the league. I just needed to write this somewhere.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Ola Toivonen is the best forward in the league. I just needed to write this somewhere.
    Considering we dont have a forward then it really isnt that hard a task

so meeting is apparently this afternoon but no news expected until tomorrow

various reports saying they're going to make a decision, they're going to defer the decision and they're going to announce two "preferred bidders" with a final announcement in january.

here's the latest from the Canberra bid team

Dear belchardo,
    After a long and rewarding journey, tomorrow we believe the Football Federation of Australia will sit down and decide the fates of the six remaining bids seeking to be a part of the A-League.

For our bid, there is a chance the FFA will announce that we will enter the A-League next season, there is a chance they will push expansion back until the following season, there is also a chance the FFA may announce two successful bids or they may decide on more. There is of-course a chance that the bid may not be successful at all.

No matter what the result, our message to the community is the same – thank you.

The one thing that has struck the bid team throughout this process is the amazing level of support from football supporters across the ACT and Southern NSW region.

We now have almost 8,000 Foundation Members – people who have signed up to show their support for having an A-League team based out of Canberra. Eight thousand people united behind a club representing a unique region steeped in football history, honouring the memory of Steve Doszpot.

But it’s more than that. When we called for volunteers more than 100 people came forward to help – they signed up members, they handed out flyers and attended events to promote the bid.

Businesses came forward offering support, some displayed posters in their window, some showed their support on social media, others provided services such as printing of promotional materials and consulting. We forged a partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation to further community programs, and received public and financial support from the ACT Government.

This is the reason that the Canberra and Capital Region Bid has come so far. When this process began there were 15 bids contesting two spots, and Canberra were by all measures huge underdogs. We were told in no uncertain terms by those in-the-know that the next two teams would come again from the large city markets of Melbourne and Sydney.

Yet here we sit on the eve of a decision, favourites now in many judges’ eyes, and that is because of you. We know for a fact that the FFA now see our bid as very attractive due to the enormous wave of support that football fans across the region have shown for this bid.

So thank you, thank you for making this bid too hard to ignore.

The good news is that for those who haven’t yet signed up as Foundation Members it’s not too late, in fact this is just the beginning. From the moment the FFA delivers the green light, we will change from a bid to a club. And the first order of business is for you, the Foundation Members, to choose the club’s name, colours and crest.

There will be a cost in activating your Foundation Membership, but we are mindful to make it affordable. The founding principal of the community-based club is inclusion, and we don’t want to exclude anyone through price.

This will secure your right to vote on the key decisions to come, and help write the next chapter of Australian football history.

There are a number of people who have been working hard behind the scenes to make this happen. Thank you to Aaron Walker, Adam Castle, Alberto Florez, Alex Belperio, Arshad Hafiz, Ben Hugosson, Boyan Taseski, Jeshua Hollis, Kasey Lam, Patrick Pentony, Russ Gibbs and Nick Titcume.

While you have already done enough, if you want to help there is still one last thing you can do. Share this email with anyone you think may want to sign up as a Foundation Member. Let’s get to 10,000 and send a big message to the A-League – we are on our way!

We look forward to sharing the next part of the journey with you.

Bede Gahan, Jeff Williamson and Michael Caggiano.

So I've been scanning Twitter today for news of the announcement. I have one question. Of those of you on Twitter, how many of you have blocked or muted South Melbourne Mike (@smfcmike)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    So I've been scanning Twitter today for news of the announcement. I have one question. Of those of you on Twitter, how many of you have blocked or muted South Melbourne Mike (@smfcmike)?
    Why??

No need to block anyone on Twitter

The logic behind that is staggeringly stupid

Go to a platform where people are offering opinions as you are actually seeking them out by going on Twitter in the first place

Then decide to block them because you dont like what they said

WTF is that about??

Shows you are actually intolerant of others views

But on the flipside of this nothibg pleases me more than having thgese clowns block me

It is like a badge of honour getting blocked on Twitter by people who express a view and then blow up as you have an alternate view to them and they cant handle it

But Mike clogs up the A-League feed with an immense amount of posts about illuminati, the Lowys, Hellenic superiority and so on. I just want to skip* all that sh|t and read some news.

(*I am not a skip.)

Distressed to hear that the Melburnians active sort group is disbanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Distressed to hear that the Melburnians active sort group is disbanding.
    That's OK - I'm sure there is a hyperventilating ground announcer who will take over the active support.

Just found this about "metrics", interesting analysis:
    https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/0...s-metrics/amp/

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Just found this about "metrics", interesting analysis:
    https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/0...s-metrics/amp/
    good article - shit is spot on