Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 2 - Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory - 20/10/13 kickoff 3:00pm AEDST

HAL 13/14 Rd 2 - Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory - 20/10/13 kickoff 3:00pm AEDST

furns, do your thing and make this look proper like.

Loose.

Started purely because of some comedy on FB with someone saying "Arsenal lost their round 1 fixture to Aston Villa at the Emirates, and their now on the top of the table".

Bridges back, Burns shunted out to the right, Beard in for Zenon, probably never to be seen again.

I think we will bounce back this week. Perth looked good but that's two weeks on the road in a row.

2-1 win. Taggart and Goodwin. Nagai for them.

Burns needs to play wide, he is far too rusty to play in the middle, his touch sucks and he couldn't hold it up with his back to goal.

I think he's a much better player out wide anyway, just glory hunting in the middle, wanting to be "the number 10".
    I'd play Goodwin and Burns as the wide players, Bridgey in behind Taggart.

Zadkid + ??? as the holders.

Was impressed by Huge in his first game, will be interested to see how he goes now.

We really lacked movement up top against Sydney, way too static when the backs / deeper mids had the ball.
    The likes of Taggart / Goodwin / Chilli needed to be rotating a lot more instead of just staying in their channels.
    Taggart is not Heskey, aka a target man. His strength SHOULD be in his pace and movement.

PS ffs it was painful watching KFC and Flores the gypo getting about on the weekend.

You could see this when Huge would step out of the backline and look for passes.

Smashed.
    Utter embarrassment.
    Deans and GVE to tell the press "there's still 25 games to go, we could end up on 75 points".
    Middleby to do **** all.
    Massive Bridges fight breaks out on the Foz to get us through to next week.

i reackon three changes but then stick to this team till heskey is back i think.

Mark
    Hoole Chapman Jew Gallaway
    Zad Brillante
    Burns Bridges Goodwin
    Taggart

i would even consider putting Burns at the point and brown out right

Bench
    Brown
    Pepper
    Bk
    virgilli
    carvella
    Last edited by Cunning stunts; 15-10-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: adding more

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think we will bounce back this week. Perth looked good but that's two weeks on the road in a row.

2-1 win. Taggart and Goodwin. Nagai for them.
    Optimistic. I think Sidnei and Nagai will destroy us out wide. Edwards surely knows how rubbish GVE is as weren't they both involved with AIS or Aus Youth at some point? Can see this being an embarrassing huge home loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Optimistic. I think Sidnei and Nagai will destroy us out wide. Edwards surely knows how rubbish GVE is as weren't they both involved with AIS or Aus Youth at some point? Can see this being an embarrassing huge home loss.
    I'm just trying to put on a positive face at least while we still have a chance at reaching the record A-League season tally of points.

jerks 4-0
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Backs never to go into attack, unless there's a fight on

The less game time Brown gets, the better.

FFS he's more hopeless than the rest atm. If you're gonna play Brown, why not Hoole? Or even Kale ffs?

Brown has shown 1 glimmer of skill in all the games he has played over the past season and a bit. 1 good part doesn't outweigh the amount of tripe he has come up with, otherwise BK would be our #1.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

hoole in for neville. burns out wide, move chilli to bench and gove bridges his last chance behind tagz to make difference. Could even keep burns in behind and hoole out wide where he played for australian youth.

So GVE's change will be Bridges in for Virgili. Good change imo

I'd also like to see the beard come in for Caravella. I like Caravella but I think Brillante will give us something differentin the centre

It's only round 2 and it's already a must win imo

I'd like every game to be seen as must win. The Jets seem far too casual about losing. They know they are one of only 10 teams in a salary capped league. They know that they are one of the few teams with a genuine marquee. There probably isn't another league in the world where any team has such a great chance of winning the Premiership, and yet they are happy to concede that they will not be the team at the top of the ladder come the end of the season.

I agree that Brillante should start as well. I think he will have a stronger presence than Caravella.
    Last edited by hausmann; 15-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.

i Agree on the beard 100% not just cause Caravella had shocker but when beard came on he look good imo

Everyone jumping the Caravella is not good enought train good to see.
    I'm old skewl Caravella isn't good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    3pm kickoff's (n)
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    3pm kickoff's (n)
    :no: indeed.

Thankfully not in the 30's this weekend, at least if the forecast is anything to go by.

Caravella is good enough and showed it last season, however showings like last week demand an immediate benching.

Before his first little mind snap I actually thought he was not bad, was working hard and wanted the ball. Even for the screw up with Chapman he should be commended for putting in the hard yards to get back, just didn't need to do what he did.

Not sold that Brilliante will be much of an improvement tbh.

I'd bring in Regan to partner Jaliens and move Chapman alongside Zadkovich in the mids.