Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

The poor young fella landed right at my feet, so I got a decent view of what happen..... To me it looked as though he was trying to get around the outside southy player and jumped as they collided, which was probably a mistake.

I thought the attitude of the southy guy was a bit ordinary, didn't even check if he was alright. But that may have been because the big dude on the sideline wanted him dead.

Seemed like an accident though.

Quote Originally Posted by gk1985 View Post
    The poor young fella landed right at my feet, so I got a decent view of what happen..... To me it looked as though he was trying to get around the outside southy player and jumped as they collided, which was probably a mistake.

I thought the attitude of the southy guy was a bit ordinary, didn't even check if he was alright. But that may have been because the big dude on the sideline wanted him dead.

Seemed like an accident though.
    Exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    FFS not sure what game you were watching reported correctly as it happened charged from behind, not sure where the free kick came from as was too busy listening to the poor kid moaning in pain and seeing people cover the eyes of young ones nearby then realising it must be pretty bad but the free kick was not from this incident must of been for something in the next play. Yes this happens in most games and just unfortunate he has landed under the fence and hit the post of the chairs mounted on the sideline an accident as said. As for what you call comedy I think you will find she may have just been reacting to the bogans yelling out to start the game which was always going to happen when the safety of the player was sorted. Oh South Cardiff no one is defaming you except you open your eyes and ask some questions you may eventually work it out stop making excuses.
    To be fair, I think 80% of people that have claimed to have seen the incident have said that the south cardiff player was not at fault and it was the jets player who somewhat instigated the challenge and bounced off.
    At the time, I was not aware where he'd broken. A broken humerus is somewhat more concerning than a broken forearm which seems like a more suitable injury for somebody falling. So I apologise, that my comments/assumption regarding the lady were unwarranted.
    The article produced by the herald was one sided and exaggerated the incident. Probably wouldn't have even been reported if it were the other way around.

Freekick to Southy. Yellow card to the Southy player. I wasn't there, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The Southy player in question doesn't seem to me to be the kind of guy to intentionally do that to someone, though.

All the best to the Jets kid on a speedy recovery.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Freekick to Southy. Yellow card to the Southy player. I wasn't there, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The Southy player in question doesn't seem to me to be the kind of guy to intentionally do that to someone, though.

All the best to the Jets kid on a speedy recovery.
    The ref had already blown the whistle for the Southy freekick when the jets striker came across late ... Make sense

Referee had to consult 4th official before handing out any cards. So I feel like the 4th official made the call.

One of the Adamstown defenders went over the back fence in their game yesterday - some of the fences are just way too close considering how fast paced some of these games can get. Not as bad as Cook Park...... but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    One of the Adamstown defenders went over the back fence in their game yesterday - some of the fences are just way too close considering how fast paced some of these games can get. Not as bad as Cook Park...... but still.....
    Can confirm there isn't a whole of space. Magic is alright, but Olympic for example does get quite close to the fence.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    To be fair, I think 80% of people that have claimed to have seen the incident have said that the south cardiff player was not at fault and it was the jets player who somewhat instigated the challenge and bounced off.
    At the time, I was not aware where he'd broken. A broken humerus is somewhat more concerning than a broken forearm which seems like a more suitable injury for somebody falling. So I apologise, that my comments/assumption regarding the lady were unwarranted.
    The article produced by the herald was one sided and exaggerated the incident. Probably wouldn't have even been reported if it were the other way around.
    At no point have I laid any blame just stating facts just like the article, came through his back, charged, whatever. Yes he was in the air and bounced off the field as I said happens in all games but ended in an unfortunate accident. Read into it what you like but the only people that seem to be defensive or even bringing up blame is from South Cardiff. Gee image if it was the other way we would probably be reading and writing about riots at South Cardiff. Lets keep it real and move on.

Regarding field size, herald is saying npl field must have 5 metres to perimeter fencing on sidelines and 3m on bylines. I don't believe any field satisfies this. Except maybe Weston.

Banned
    Regarding field size, herald is saying npl field must have 5 metres to perimeter fencing on sidelines and 3m on bylines. I don't believe any field satisfies this. Except maybe Weston.
    One side of the Chicken Coop does it comfortably
    1 from 4

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    1 from 4
    Chicken coop? I don't think the facilities at Weston are that bad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Chicken coop? I don't think the facilities at Weston are that bad to be honest.
    BACK TO BED BIG FELLA....

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    1 from 4
    Why do you call olympic the chicken coop

5 metres is massive!

Weston would come close like you said. Would Lakes too, maybe?

It's easier for the likes of Southy, Olympic, etc who have an open side to move their field across, but the likes of Magic are pretty screwed in this regard, they'll have to move their fencing out which would be a huge job!
    OK

its a load of crap, just googled anfield and old trafford, no where near the 3 metre mark rather than 5 metres

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why do you call olympic the chicken coop
    Nice try at deflecting.
    Better luck next time

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    5 metres is massive!

Weston would come close like you said. Would Lakes too, maybe?

It's easier for the likes of Southy, Olympic, etc who have an open side to move their field across, but the likes of Magic are pretty screwed in this regard, they'll have to move their fencing out which would be a huge job!
    Both Southy and Olympic have synthetic cricket pitch between grounds so unless Fed is willing to have concrete on ground not possible

Lakes would do it comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Both Southy and Olympic have synthetic cricket pitch between grounds so unless Fed is willing to have concrete on ground not possible
    On Olympic, I did see lakes's right winger go arse over end in the 22s game over the sideboards on the wicket side at darling st. Was very lulz worthy, but he didn't seem to come off too well.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out