Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

2014 National Premier League

Thought id jump in and create the new thread for next year. Hopefully an exciting new year ahead with the introduction of NPL and new points system, will be very interesting to see how everything pans out.

Can anyone confirm all new coaching appointments for the forth coming season ?

another interesting question is how are each club going to handle the points system? Surely alot of the clubs will be vastly different to last yeat as they change their squads to fit in.

with the points set at 250 for each club there shouldn't be to many concerns next season, its the following year when the points system gradually rolls back is when some clubs will regret not promoting their youth, cant believe some of the dollar figures being floated around at some clubs during the silly season.

Can the Jaffas sustain the amounts of money being suggested for player payments will be the biggest question. First thing that comes to mind is what happened to Lakes when they did the same thing after being promoted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    with the points set at 250 for each club there shouldn't be to many concerns next season, its the following year when the points system gradually rolls back is when some clubs will regret not promoting their youth, cant believe some of the dollar figures being floated around at some clubs during the silly season.
    Thought someone bought up the stats somewhere where Weston were already well under 200 most of them were floating around 210-230 and in a good position to get under without much heartache and Edgy and Phoenix had a lot of work to do?? With Phoenix gone the only one left is Edgy with a lot of work to do.

The rest of them should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Can the Jaffas sustain the amounts of money being suggested for player payments will be the biggest question. First thing that comes to mind is what happened to Lakes when they did the same thing after being promoted.
    The Jaffas do have some good business knowledge on their board and some very close links between club and a number of their major sponsors and a good network with the past players.

That's no reflection on what occurred at Lakes, just that the work off the field with the Jaffas appears to have a high level of professionalism and planning to it, short term and longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baby Piglet View Post
    Thought id jump in and create the new thread for next year. Hopefully an exciting new year ahead with the introduction of NPL and new points system, will be very interesting to see how everything pans out.

Can anyone confirm all new coaching appointments for the forth coming season ?
    Magic-Glen Chapman
    Jaffas-Dave Tanchevski
    Olympic-Mick Bolch
    Weston-Steve Piggott
    Edgeworth-Gary Wilson
    Azzurri-Shane Pryce
    Southy-Greg Asquith
    Lakes-Gary Rowe
    Adamstown-Anthony Richards
    Jets-Zane/Deans

My very early projected final standings.
    Magic
    Edgeworth
    Olympic
    Jaffas
    Weston
    Azzuri
    Southy
    Jets
    Lakes
    Adamstown

Very early for projected final standing..... i dare say between now and Jan there will still be a bit of player movement and finalising squads.... Im very interest in the fact we have 5 new 1st grade coaches... Personally I'm quite happy to see some new blood, rather then just the same coaches rotating around.... Hopefully this new guys bring something new to the league
    Last edited by The Baby Piglet; 16-10-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    My very early projected final standings.
    Magic
    Edgeworth
    Olympic
    Jaffas
    Weston
    Azzuri
    Southy
    Jets
    Lakes
    Adamstown
    Interesting selection. Seems like a fair estimation at this stage. Lakes have lost a lot of players with retirements. Edgeworth i think have also lost a fair few players as well, they will have to look into their "mill" of money to attract some players i think. No way am i going to have a stab with clubs offering stupid money around to players. Seems there could be a fair few change to club team sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Interesting selection. Seems like a fair estimation at this stage. Lakes have lost a lot of players with retirements. Edgeworth i think have also lost a fair few players as well, they will have to look into their "mill" of money to attract some players i think. No way am i going to have a stab with clubs offering stupid money around to players. Seems there could be a fair few change to club team sheets.
    Think you will find only one club throwing stupid money around immersion,JAFFAS. It will be hard for Tanchevski to keep them all happy. Who will miss out in midfield. They have JOBE,abe,MACPHERSON,Remington,Connor Evans,Dennis FAJKOVIC and bogo

heard connor evans was goin to weston-dennis faj probs play FB
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    heard connor evans was goin to weston-dennis faj probs play FB
    Surely Tom smart and sessions will be the fullbacks

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Think you will find only one club throwing stupid money around immersion,JAFFAS. It will be hard for Tanchevski to keep them all happy. Who will miss out in midfield. They have JOBE,abe,MACPHERSON,Remington,Connor Evans,Dennis FAJKOVIC and bogo
    What is your definition of stupid? Unsustainable? If so, who are you to comment on a club's financial situation without knowing the books yourself? Have you seen the total amount of sponsorships, gate fares and canteen income? Maybe it is sustainable for them to spend x dollars on players while for another club it may not be, such as Magic spending a lot on Wanderers to make it the best possible, for another club that may also stupid amount of money. It's all perspective.

In short, don't make accusations without knowing the full details otherwise you make yourself look the fool.

As for the squad, as strange as it may sound, maybe Tachevski will actually want there to be depth and competition for positions in his team, as opposed to the first XI being set and having a thin squad of proven 1st graders.....

Also, well done, 11 posts in and there's already someone having a to at specific clubs. FFS.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    What is your definition of stupid? Unsustainable? If so, who are you to comment on a club's financial situation without knowing the books yourself? Have you seen the total amount of sponsorships, gate fares and canteen income? Maybe it is sustainable for them to spend x dollars on players while for another club it may not be, such as Magic spending a lot on Wanderers to make it the best possible, for another club that may also stupid amount of money. It's all perspective.

In short, don't make accusations without knowing the full details otherwise you make yourself look the fool.

As for the squad, as strange as it may sound, maybe Tachevski will actually want there to be depth and competition for positions in his team, as opposed to the first XI being set and having a thin squad of proven 1st graders.....

Also, well done, 11 posts in and there's already someone having a to at specific clubs. FFS.
    I am not calling JAFFAS stupid Thomas. I just said they are spending stupid amounts of money. I never commented on their financial situation or their sustainability. If they have loads of money to spend , good on them.my concern was more that it greatly inflates the player market

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I am not calling JAFFAS stupid Thomas. I just said they are spending stupid amounts of money. I never commented on their financial situation or their sustainability. If they have loads of money to spend , good on them.my concern was more that it greatly inflates the player market
    Where did I say you called them stupid? All I asked was what was your definition of stupid? I also pointed out that it's hardly "stupid" amounts of money if they can financially sustain it and that any comments calling it stupid without seeing the books is not worth it. As for the players, why should it be an issue with players being paid more? All I can see it doing is allowing financially sound clubs attracting the better players, not too different from what it is ATM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by The Baby Piglet View Post
    Very early for projected final standing..... i dare say between now and Jan there will still be a bit of player movement and finalising squads....
    With this season having the buffer of additional points being allowed I think your right as teams may be willing to do a little more trading with the next 2-3 years in mind than perhaps normally occurs.

If your a coach and your looking across your ranks and you have say 3 first grade players who may retire from NPL in the coming 1-2 seasons you would be looking at taking the transfer penalty points now while you have the extra points available. Similar for players looking, it is going to be easier to convince a coach to take you now than next season when those extra 8 points for a transfer player become more valuable.

My only concern about the player points is that it will push the "horse trading" in players down to the 17's ages where clubs will be trying to second guess players futures and move them between clubs so the club gains maximum potential from the player if he does progress into senior grades.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    With this season having the buffer of additional points being allowed I think your right as teams may be willing to do a little more trading with the next 2-3 years in mind than perhaps normally occurs.

If your a coach and your looking across your ranks and you have say 3 first grade players who may retire from NPL in the coming 1-2 seasons you would be looking at taking the transfer penalty points now while you have the extra points available. Similar for players looking, it is going to be easier to convince a coach to take you now than next season when those extra 8 points for a transfer player become more valuable.

My only concern about the player points is that it will push the "horse trading" in players down to the 17's ages where clubs will be trying to second guess players futures and move them between clubs so the club gains maximum potential from the player if he does progress into senior grades.
    so it is definitely 8 points per transfer this season yeah?

Matty Comerford signs for buds.... But they lose Josh Costillo to Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    so it is definitely 8 points per transfer this season yeah?
    The last copy of the NPL I have has a Switching Player: Players who have switched clubs from the preceding season and are in the First Team squad. Applies to any club not just NPL.

+8 Added points if a player switches clubs and played >5 games
    +4 Added points if less played <5 game