Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Evans completely outclassed today after all his hype. All it took was one week of somebody actually marking him out of the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Evans completely outclassed today after all his hype. All it took was one week of somebody actually marking him out of the game.
    I wouldn't say he was marked out of the game. Jaffas just pressured him anytime he got so his output was always gonna be limited

The other week Jets Yoof let him have the ball and he killed them.

Didn't really notice him being man marked just closed down when he got the ball

Didn't the card count end up with something like 6-2 to the Jaffas? Ref seemed to let a lot of Weston players off, and he lost all credibility when he booked Ireland for moving the ball 2m away from where a FK was meant to be. Jaffas deserved it though.

Also, how ****ing stupid by Evans. I know he was probably baited all game, but **** me, it was stupid.

Also watched the 22s. The red to Olympic was for a shirt tug when the jet was clear through. Thought it was fair enough tbh, although he could have given a yellow as the jet was moving away from goal and the Olympic keeper was quick off his line. But Olympic deserved it, Olympics keeper only had 1 real save to make in the second half, was a top save too, if the ball was still in play
    Last edited by Thomas477; 14-09-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Disappointing for Weston but were outclassed by the jaffas. Weston keeper clearly not 100% and probably would have thought he could have prevented both goals when at his best. Surprised that Piggott didn't change their shape and go three at the back or do something.

Btw first time I have seen a player who was subbed at halftime in a grand final, shower grab a beer and stand on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pier67 View Post
    Disappointing for Weston but were outclassed by the jaffas. Weston keeper clearly not 100% and probably would have thought he could have prevented both goals when at his best. Surprised that Piggott didn't change their shape and go three at the back or do something.

Btw first time I have seen a player who was subbed at halftime in a grand final, shower grab a beer and stand on the hill.
    Evans red card... violent conduct = 2 games... National Discipline Policy means he must miss out on next fixtures which will be the NPL Cup.

Banned
    Any idea on what the crowd figure was??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Any idea on what the crowd figure was??
    4100 through the gates on the day

Banned

U22's GF in entirety if anyone is interested

Banned

u19's GF in Entirety

Good on the Jaffas.
    Good on Jobe.
    Ledge.

I hate to say but Edgeworth put on a great show yesterday... although the game wasnt the best...Gives rise to other grounds hosting the grand final...I think that Broadmeadow wont be hosting for a while. I have always loved watching games from Adamstown oval and some other grounds could host it if they put in similar work to what edgeworth has over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    4100 through the gates on the day
    Wasn't last years figure around 8000-9000, disappointing turnout IMO

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    No where near 8-9k but the crowd was defo down on last year.
    Regardless the Edgy Club done a great job.

Hopefully next time though they teach the women how to cook a BBQ.

Poor Ladies near the canteen looked totally out of their depth

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No where near 8-9k but the crowd was defo down on last year.
    Regardless the Edgy Club done a great job.

Hopefully next time though they teach the women how to cook a BBQ.

Poor Ladies near the canteen looked totally out of their depth
    Cooking a BBQ is a step up from pulling pies and sausage rolls from a warmer and charging extra for sauce.

Well I had a pretty good day all up, inadvertently sat in what appeared to be the baby jets squadron for the first two games so got a bit of a laugh from the heckles going back and forth between them and the olympic bench. First grade was an interesting game, maybe some would say boring but unfortunately for Weston they just didn't turn up. Was also my first look at the Kale and Maj combo and thought they were combining well with Jobe, shame they wont be together again next year. Have seen some talk about Jobe being reconsidered at the Jets but I think being outstanding for the Jaffas is a good leap away from being useful at HAL level, happy to be proven wrong though. Referee did give out a fair bit of cheese, but I imagine he was just erring on the side of the game not getting out of control, fairly reasonable in a GF. Also my first look at the updated Edgy facilities and wasn't disappointed, though I was a little bit devastated I couldn't get my traditional bucket of hot chips with all their greasy salty goodness.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eggball convert View Post
    though I was a little bit devastated I couldn't get my traditional bucket of hot chips with all their greasy salty goodness.
    Probably should have been manning a deep fryer then than trying to start fires by burning the charcoal they already had on the steaks and snags

There was a lack of toilets... 4 portaloos on the far side of the field where most people were sitting/standing. It was quite annoying needing a piss in 1st grade and it taking 5 or so minutes to line up!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Also watched the 22s. The red to Olympic was for a shirt tug when the jet was clear through. Thought it was fair enough tbh, although he could have given a yellow as the jet was moving away from goal and the Olympic keeper was quick off his line.
    I watched that incident on youtube and thought he denied a clear goal scoring opportunity and even though the Jets player didn't go down, I was extremely happy with the ref for giving the red. To me, he handled it perfectly. Tell him I said that, outsider.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I watched that incident on youtube and thought he denied a clear goal scoring opportunity and even though the Jets player didn't go down, I was extremely happy with the ref for giving the red. To me, he handled it perfectly. Tell him I said that, outsider.
    I thought it was a pretty dumb play. The Jets kid although through was no certainty to get to the ball before the keeper anyway and then still had to score. Seemed rather needless to concede the foul particularly with 60 mins to go as the consequences were always gonna be red.

It was as clear a red for professional foul as you will ever see I can't believe people disagree