Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Jets up to there old tricks again, didn't recognise the team today from previous weeks, luck of the draw I guess
    Check your facts before making incorrect,untrue, misinforming comments. Radovan is the only change to the starting team in 4 weeks due to hamstring injury Tom Waller replaced him has been on the bench previous weeks same team that played Southy u DH

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARMENS View Post
    You talk so much shit MFKS I would love to see you actually play the game to see how shit you are ... When u actually turn up to a NPL game with ur boots cause ur playing I will value ur opinion but ur just a bloke who has nothing better to do then come on hear and write how every team plays shit blah blah blah .. Reality is these teams are the best in northern nsw if you don't enjoy watching them
    Play stay at home and play fifa maybe something u may be good at ...
    Learn to read sunshine

I never said either team was shit

I said the game was shit

Highly lacking in excitement incident or anything else for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Sacchi View Post
    I have a nephew who was supposed to be playing today and live within a couple of hundred metres of the ground so stopped in on my way home from work yesterday afternoon to have a look. I walked in the open gate at the Southern end of the ground and exited over the two-foot-high gate at the main entrance to the ground. No bull dust.

It's telling that at Edden Oval, less than a kilometre as the crow flies away, has had well-documented drainage issues (which I saw first-hand when they played Weston on Good Friday) yet has all three grades playing today. In addition, across the hundred or so venues that are being used across NPL, NewFM, Zone League, Interdistrict and junior competitions today that Cook Hill's National Park No. 2 and Stockton's Corroba Oval are the only other venues that have been deemed unplayable today.

The serial awarding of Wanderers, or Magic Park, as the NBN GF venue and the identification of the pitch as a potential Asian Cup training venue in January would indicate to me that this ground is supposed to be one of the premier venues in the region, no?

From what I understand there are arrangements to play the games tomorrow but with more rain forecast it would be surprising to see them go ahead. Interestingly, the all-age and junior side at Cooks Hill and Stockton will replay their games yet the NPL teams who are supposed to be development-focused look likely to miss out on a match because of this decision.

No doubt, with a total of 40 extra matches through the season that is a given I would have thought. But the nine NPL clubs (bar Jets) were aware of this fact when the NPL was implemented last year. If any particular club had an issue with playing juniors on their surface this fact should have been raised last year before they went about collecting fees well in excess of $500 from the 60 or so players they had signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Can you confirm that games postponed at Magic Park today will be played tomorrow? Also did you walk the ground or did you just observe either way you didn't observe what the magic people observed? After talking to magic people today at darling st, who were at magic park friday afternoon and showed me photos of puddles on the ground which somehow you must have missed. I find it interesting they didn't observe any non local walking around the ground, apparently many locals walk their dogs around the field and are well known to the magic people. Just can't help feeling your out to slurry one of our local clubs for some personal reason. Im really wondering weather you are some kind of keyboard warrior with some pathetic excuse about relatives living close by.

This forum is on fire tonight.

Can confirm that Magic and Charlestown are ON tomorrow, 13-17.

So they postponed it a day to allow it to dry out more. Seems fair enough to me.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Can confirm that Magic and Charlestown are ON tomorrow, 13-17.

So they postponed it a day to allow it to dry out more. Seems fair enough to me.
    U13's Charlestown will not be playing... they have 'other plans' 14-17's will be playing... times moved forward to account for lack of U13's fixture.

Yes it does seem fair enough to move it one day if possible... no different to Lambton Vs Adamstown in the NPL Yth a few rounds earlier...

Yes... can confirm... Jaffas's vs Edgy... boring as ****.... jaffas limited to long range speculators... edgy looked dangerous even though they were down to 10 men in second half will feel most disappointed of the 2 teams... both lacking composure and quality... Johnny Maj the dif for Jaffas probably... McPherson one of his brighter games of the year... little clearcut chances... turnovers only exceeded by the raiders in their league game today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    U13's Charlestown will not be playing... they have 'other plans' 14-17's will be playing... times moved forward to account for lack of U13's fixture.

Yes it does seem fair enough to move it one day if possible... no different to Lambton Vs Adamstown in the NPL Yth a few rounds earlier...

Yes... can confirm... Jaffas's vs Edgy... boring as ****.... jaffas limited to long range speculators... edgy looked dangerous even though they were down to 10 men in second half will feel most disappointed of the 2 teams... both lacking composure and quality... Johnny Maj the dif for Jaffas probably... McPherson one of his brighter games of the year... little clearcut chances... turnovers only exceeded by the raiders in their league game today.
    Magician - why are Charlestown 13's not playing??

Probably needed for ball boy duties 😄😄

Olympic 3-1 magic
    Magic poor Poor magic.
    I saw a comment about turnovers somewhere earlier, magic more turnovers than the raiders and the knights combined.
    Magic look uninterested and like they don't want to be there
    If they look like that against Olympic, not sure how they will get up for the other games in the season.
    Well deserved win for Olympic which could have been a few more to be fair

Olympic V Magic
    19: 4-3 magic I think
    22: 3-0 Olympic after an early magic send off
    First Grade: I left at Olympic up 3-1 with stoppage time to go.
    Must say I was left incredibly disappointed with this game. For the calibre of both teams it was a very drab affair. Not much atmosphere. Players didn't really seem to treat it the same way as previously. Magic looked dangerous in the opening 10-15, but after that it appeared to be all Olympic. Well, Olympic doing it comfortably. Send off for magic was unlucky and soft given the fouls that went unpunished. A second yellow less than 2 minutes after the first for a nothing foul was harsh. Started to heat up for a little bit but it fizzled out.

Please tell me azzurri vs southy was boring? As that's the game I wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Olympic V Magic

First Grade: I left at Olympic up 3-1 with stoppage time to go.
    Must say I was left incredibly disappointed with this game. For the calibre of both teams it was a very drab affair. Not much atmosphere. Players didn't really seem to treat it the same way as previously. Magic looked dangerous in the opening 10-15, but after that it appeared to be all Olympic. Well, Olympic doing it comfortably. Send off for magic was unlucky and soft given the fouls that went unpunished. A second yellow less than 2 minutes after the first for a nothing foul was harsh. Started to heat up for a little bit but it fizzled out.
    have to say I agree that it was a dull game considering the derby. it was comfortable for Olympic with swancott not having much to do, apart from when petit hit the post in the 1st 10mins. magic seemed a bit off and the rain only added to the pretty boring game. but all is good when Olympic beat Magic in 3 grades doesn't happen too often.
    Last edited by dingdong; 11-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Hamilton Olympic - Broadmeadow Magic 3:1 (1:0)
    Goals: 1:0 Jacob Bailey (32.); 2:0 David Hodgson (53.); 3:0 David Hodgson (56.); 3:1 Daniel Casciaroli (61.)
    Red Card:Broadmeadow - 69 mins

Weston Workers - Adamstown Rosebud 1:1 (1:1)
    Goals: 0:1 Abe Wheelhouse (10.); 1:1
    U19 1:2

Anyone know Azzurri v Southy HT and FT score?
    Last edited by Socceraust; 11-05-2014 at 06:40 PM.

I made my way over to Darling Street and must agree that it was a dour game. My All-Age game yesterday was more entertaining but full credit to Olympic. They simply wanted it more. In fact Broadmeadow didn't look like they wanted to win until they went down to 10 men. I didn't think Magic could play much worse than they did against South Cardiff but today was a new low. I thought they would have cared a bit more against their arch rivals but just a disappointing day all round for Broadmeadow.

4.1 Azzurri , gunners missing Jarryd Johnson, dan Johnson, brad Walters, nick Russell, Sean clerk, 4 nil after 25 minutes, didn't see the game.

How far are Russell and Walters out for?
    What happened to korotich?

Walters & Jarryd Johnson back next week, played 2 games between them all year, dan Johnson out 6 weeks, Russell a month away clerk back next week,

Banned
    So Jets Yoof still on top of table and seem to be a viable top 3 contender??

Can't wait for them to start rotating their squad to give all their players a run just to see this thread explode from envy and bitterness

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I made my way over to Darling Street and must agree that it was a dour game. My All-Age game yesterday was more entertaining but full credit to Olympic. They simply wanted it more. In fact Broadmeadow didn't look like they wanted to win until they went down to 10 men. I didn't think Magic could play much worse than they did against South Cardiff but today was a new low. I thought they would have cared a bit more against their arch rivals but just a disappointing day all round for Broadmeadow.
    I thought they started a lot better and had a lot of purpose in the first 10-15 mins. Then lost their way but were still in the game and then conceded the 1st goal.

As soon as it went in Bowling (twice) tried imitating what the fullback (Tippet) should have done to clear it. As soon as I seen that I thought here we go again they are losing the plot and wanting to argue

Come out 2nd half and then give away a soft penalty needlessly and then the 3rd goal was pretty soft with Olympic strolling through the guts far too easily and after that it was all over red rover.

Must give Olympic some credit. Some reason they actually tried playing some football today and very rarely hoofed the ****ed out of it.

Magic considering the alleged quality they have in attack
    Haynes, Berlin, Matty Paul, Hakan Canli, Petit etc **** they are at present offering very little in an attacking threat sense.

Matter of fact you could make a very good case for sitting a fair few of the Magic big names onto the bench or stands cause they ain't putting in good enough performances at all

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I thought they started a lot better and had a lot of purpose in the first 10-15 mins. Then lost their way but were still in the game and then conceded the 1st goal.

As soon as it went in Bowling (twice) tried imitating what the fullback (Tippet) should have done to clear it. As soon as I seen that I thought here we go again they are losing the plot and wanting to argue

Come out 2nd half and then give away a soft penalty needlessly and then the 3rd goal was pretty soft with Olympic strolling through the guts far too easily and after that it was all over red rover.

Must give Olympic some credit. Some reason they actually tried playing some football today and very rarely hoofed the ****ed out of it.

Magic considering the alleged quality they have in attack
    Haynes, Berlin, Matty Paul, Hakan Canli, Petit etc **** they are at present offering very little in an attacking threat sense.

Matter of fact you could make a very good case for sitting a fair few of the Magic big names onto the bench or stands cause they ain't putting in good enough performances at all
    You hit the nail on the head when simply said "Tippet at Fullback" I'm trying hard to give Chappy every chance but this is getting silly.