Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Good 3 points which I think gunners deserved, hard to play on bumpy pitch and windy conditions, first pen was soft but deserved after blatant pen earlier not given, Bowlo was in the mood to get sent, kicking the ball into hunter stadium after not saving a back pass that went for a corner, should have been sent for his carry on during the penalty, puddingtons challenge deserved more then a yellow, gunners deserved second goal after denying magic in defence For a long period in second half, bowlings bitch slap on Higgins was disgraceful and should not go unpunished by magic, undefeated in 3 grades on the day doesn't happen often at broadmeadow,
    All I can say is the gunners were magic magic magic
    love it

Olympic 2-2 Jaffas
    Jaffas got a men sent off in first half

Pete Macpherson opened the scoring with a well worked goal and have Jaffas a deserved lead.
    They looked like the only team to get the 2nd goal and then Hodgo knocked Jobe to the ground and Jobe dislocated his shoulder and had to come off.
    Olympic equalized minutes later when a shot was parried by the keeper and swan was there to tap in from close range
    Not long later Jaffas were dealt another blow when the referee decided to be the centre of attention and give a second yellow to the Jaffas centre back who had a ball drilled at his arm on the half way line and was given his second yellow. WTF? Terrible call that wrecked what was a good game.
    Jagfas came out with a man short but changed Maj for Dino early in the second half, and surprisingly came out in an attacking formation for having a man short and got a nicely taken goal by Kale.
    Jaffas defended a lot bit had the better of the chances in the second half despite being a man short.
    Apart from the open goal tap in that Hodgo will have nightmares about, seriously my 80yr old mum could have tapped it in with her walking stick.
    It was to be Olympics day though as they equalized with the last kick of the game in the 94th minute.
    2-2 to be fair Olympic got out of jail

Adamstown 2 - Lakes 0

Got the score second hand.

Banned
    Good 3 points which I think gunners deserved, hard to play on bumpy pitch and windy conditions, first pen was soft but deserved after blatant pen earlier not given, Bowlo was in the mood to get sent, kicking the ball into hunter stadium after not saving a back pass that went for a corner, should have been sent for his carry on during the penalty, puddingtons challenge deserved more then a yellow, gunners deserved second goal after denying magic in defence For a long period in second half, bowlings bitch slap on Higgins was disgraceful and should not go unpunished by magic, undefeated in 3 grades on the day doesn't happen often at broadmeadow,
    All I can say is the gunners were magic magic magic

Wasn't the only thing with magic players showing all wasn't well. Haynes after running through the middle and smashing a ball high wide and mighty was death staring Petit for a good 20 seconds after Petit asked why he never passed it.
    To be perfectly fair he probably should have passed it but was also within his rights to shoot

Stood out cause that type of behaviour ain't what happens when people are in a happy camp

Happens when there's too many big names in a team. All fun and games while you're winning. But a few frustrating losses and rifts develop. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jaffas go the same way if they don't get some results soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Happens when there's too many big names in a team. All fun and games while you're winning. But a few frustrating losses and rifts develop. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jaffas go the same way if they don't get some results soon.
    This is why I think Chapman is not the right guy for the job. He may be a good coach but he doesn't seem to have the management skills to cope with the egos at magic. He did it all his own way at Adamstown and probably isn't going to have the same luxury at Magic. Facing the same issues as Tanch really.
    Can't see would replace him though if it was to be that serious. Doesn't appear to be many coaches around. Southy employed their 19's coach as head coach (no disrespect intended).

Because he deserved it and is a Southy junior, 2 things that go hand in hand, I get your point though

Virgilli still on coaching panel (youth) at Broadmeadow. Interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wasn't the only thing with magic players showing all wasn't well. Haynes after running through the middle and smashing a ball high wide and mighty was death staring Petit for a good 20 seconds after Petit asked why he never passed it.
    To be perfectly fair he probably should have passed it but was also within his rights to shoot

Stood out cause that type of behaviour ain't what happens when people are in a happy camp
    i also seen the same incedent. but what you missed was berlin to the left of haynes who was more open than pettit, in which haynes should have passed to him rather than go for his typical glory .

Also, classy gesture from Magic to donate some of their match payments to Dean Kelley.
    THE Northern NSW National Premier League is one of the more fierce competitions. The rivalry between clubs is intense.

But when it comes to supporting each other in time of need, they rally. In a nice gesture, Broadmeadow Magic players donated $50 each from their match payments yesterday to South Cardiff striker Dean Kelley, whose father died suddenly a fortnight ago after a stroke.

Kelley had lost his mum only seven months ago to motor neurone disease.

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    This is why I think Chapman is not the right guy for the job. He may be a good coach but he doesn't seem to have the management skills to cope with the egos at magic. He did it all his own way at Adamstown and probably isn't going to have the same luxury at Magic. Facing the same issues as Tanch really.
    Can't see would replace him though if it was to be that serious. Doesn't appear to be many coaches around. Southy employed their 19's coach as head coach (no disrespect intended).
    I don't blame the ref for the loss and I think he had a decent game to be honest.

Also congrats to ForeverRed and Southy on the win, you blokes deserved the 3 points because you did something we couldn't and that was convert the chances.

As for talking about having Chapo's head already? Come on fellas as much as I hate seeing Magic falling down the table, it's only early in his term as head coach. If we put away the chances then the same blokes who are calling for blood wouldn't be brusing their fingers on the keyboard.

Lets not be like the Sydney FC's of the world and give him time to mould the side the way he likes. Before anybody replies with this sounds like the Jets and GVE, I also thought that when I typed it

Magic will beat Adamstown during the week easily I think and all will be forgotten, although Murray fletcher would start for me for his work rate in midfield

Magic will beat Adamstown during the week easily I think and all will be forgotten, although Murray fletcher would start for me for his work rate in midfield
    Adamstown are on a role and will be pumped for the derby. Hopefully our boys will be fired up aswell and take the points.

yeah i would drop daniel cascioroli back a bit and replace matt hoole for fletcher, also bring chris berlin back up front and put hakan canli behind

Also, classy gesture from Magic to donate some of their match payments to Dean Kelley.
    50 nikka form each player. well done

On behalf of all the supporters of all the other clubs in the comp, I hope they keep Chapman on!
    .....one less team then that we have to worry about in the top 5!

I know he has just taken the role, but has the same championship winning team as last year minus Brady Parker, but adding Paul and Fletcher!
    Similar to Moyes! Cants give the excuse that the team needs to gel.

However I still think its local league, and he should be given a full season.

Would just like to second that...Great gesture from magic, and kudos to whoever thought of the idea. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    yeah i would drop daniel cascioroli back a bit and replace matt hoole for fletcher, also bring chris berlin back up front and put hakan canli behind
    Why the f$&k isn't Chappy playing Jonny Griff at centreback?! One of the best centrebacks Newy has produced in recent years and he gets played out of position. Bring him into the middle and Magic will stop conceding so many goals. Push Higgins on the right (or rubbish bin him completely he stinks it up a bit). Piddo & griff in the middle will get the job done. Agree with cobra, Haks as a #10 is best.

Chappy needs to tell Pete he's on thin ice. He's stinking up a storm out there.

I thought Matty Paul did well when he came on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I don't blame the ref for the loss and I think he had a decent game to be honest.
    The decisions to not send Piddo off for that lunge,the 2 penalty shouts he denied in the one play when Magic players kicked the legs out from under Southy players as they were poised to score, the penalty he denied for the foul on Burns, the dodginess of the penalty he gave Southy, the handball in the box from the Southy bloke in the 2nd half when Magic headed it back goalwards, the lack of penalty when the Southy keeper spilled it and then knocked Paul over as he went to it ( paul got a touch before being floored), the decison not to book Bowling for the unsportsmanlike behavior before the penalty, the lack of action on the assaults going on between the Magic No 4 and Bowling after the 2nd Southy goal aside the bloke had a pretty good game.

FFS Zico the bloke was poor.

Ballsed up nearly everything he had to do.

Southy should have had 2 legitimate penalties in the first half aside from the weak one they got and Magic should have had 2 in the 2nd half. Magic also should have been down quite a few players also if he was doing a good job

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

Also congrats to ForeverRed and Southy on the win, you blokes deserved the 3 points because you did something we couldn't and that was convert the chances.

As for talking about having Chapo's head already? Come on fellas as much as I hate seeing Magic falling down the table, it's only early in his term as head coach. If we put away the chances then the same blokes who are calling for blood wouldn't be brusing their fingers on the keyboard.

Lets not be like the Sydney FC's of the world and give him time to mould the side the way he likes. Before anybody replies with this sounds like the Jets and GVE, I also thought that when I typed it
    Hmmm.... lighting fires in the NEWFM and putting them out in the NPL..... legend!