Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Jim Foley was at the game today - so he has split with the club after the game?

It was a good game to watch. Edgy could have had 3 in the first half, at least that many balls flashed across the Adamstown goal, but no Edgy players were present to put them away.

In the last 3-4 games Adamstown have always looked like they have goals in them, but just cannot get it in the net. Today they did.

The second half the Adamstown defence was better, Edgy missed a pen. Edgy then had a player sent with about 10 to go for 2 yellows. Abe played the last 25 min of the second half.

Big result for Adamstown - you could see what it meant to the boys, hope this lifts their confidence.
    Just what id heard late-to-the-game. As i said would be interested to see what happens IF it proves to be true

Can someone start a 2014 YOUTH National Premier League thread please? I have tried, but for some reason I am not allowed....
    Plenty to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Not saying that at all mate
    It was a pretty tight game
    Given the pen situation and the offside second goal that Wallace was well offside (correct me if I'm wrong)
    It was a tight entertaining game. I agree Jaffas should have been up by 3 after 25
    Then southy got back into the game and missed a good chance themselves.
    They didn't deserve a draw, when u look at the balance of chances.
    Seen Kale play a few games now, don't know what your expectation of him is, he's another former jets youth player.
    But he did make a few chances for himself and score.
    Given he only played second half up front, I would be happy with his 1 goal.
    He missed a one on one that could have sealed it but didn't think he was that bad.
    I know Sth Cardiff supporters get their back up and never deserve to lose
    Good to see the tradition kept alive here
    Well maybe you should have described the match as you just did, instead of the shit that came out the first time.
    Well me, I am a southy LM and I say it as I see it, always have and always will.......biggest critic, best fan
    with Kale still think he is overrated wether he's ex jets or not, just going by the hype you see here.
    Don't forget the 2/3 one on ones the 11 for Southy stuffed up or did you forget about those.
    Cant comment on Southies 2nd in the pisser as usual when someone scores...
    you know tradition is great and should be kept alive, maybe you will learn that some day, Tradition, Southy red/white, jaffas baby shit yellow and brown, your colours today were??????? not even close......
    in the end Zeus(do you call yourself that because your a greek god or a wanna be greek god) you know jack shit about getting our back up we have put up with a lot more than you over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Well maybe you should have described the match as you just did, instead of the shit that came out the first time.
    Well me, I am a southy LM and I say it as I see it, always have and always will.......biggest critic, best fan
    with Kale still think he is overrated wether he's ex jets or not, just going by the hype you see here.
    Don't forget the 2/3 one on ones the 11 for Southy stuffed up or did you forget about those.
    you know tradition is great and should be kept alive, maybe you will learn that some day, Tradition, Southy red/white, jaffas baby shit yellow and brown, your colours today were??????? not even close......
    in the end Zeus(do you call yourself that because your a greek god or a wanna be greek god) you know jack shit about getting our back up we have put up with a lot more than you over the years.
    Liking this

Can anyone confirm if Abe played for ATown today? If not, he's missed 3 games in a row since he spat the dummy vs Jaffas.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

As mentioned above Abe played 25-30 min of second half.

Did Dino Faj get a start against Southy?? Will be interesting with transfer window opening and he has been benched for a while

Can someone start a 2014 YOUTH National Premier League thread please? I have tried, but for some reason I am not allowed....
    Plenty to talk about.
    I 2nd that, great comp with some outstanding young players. They deserve to be talked about

There's some good players getting around in u/6's also. I've never been a fan of it. Why would a group of adults get on here and talk about kid's football? To inflate egos of the children and parents involved? Leave it to the school yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Did Dino Faj get a start against Southy?? Will be interesting with transfer window opening and he has been benched for a while
    Started. Was replaced by palozzi to take a free kick. Didn't look too happy to be brought off. Probabaly doesn't help his case that kale and palozzi both scored.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    There's some good players getting around in u/6's also. I've never been a fan of it. Why would a group of adults get on here and talk about kid's football? To inflate egos of the children and parents involved? Leave it to the school yard.
    UMM.......................because this is a local football forum to discuss local football

these kids are U/13 thru to U17 and are supposed to be the next generation of NPL players

Anyway wouldn't the discussion be as per current discussions ??? Im sure if a parent came on here and posted never ending accolades about their child the general forum would react ???

I honestly don't see the need for a youth NPL thread. Not enough interest to warrant it.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I honestly don't see the need for a youth NPL thread. Not enough interest to warrant it.
    There's more than one thread on here with less than 10 posts and many with as low as thirty...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Based on what?
    The youth NPL trials thread had over 3000 views. Remember not everyone posts, many come to learn or just laugh.....

1,800 views at the moment...

Ok, so I can't read.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Jaffas shorts are actually a dark shade of brown

And I would want to change my colours from brown if they were mine, new history can be made whilst respecting tradition!

Your getting pretty cranky over something little. Acting like a bit of a pecker really - As you say you live up to the reputation, sorry you said tradition!
    Response that was expected.

Football is a game of views, your view is different to mine, and different to others who have posted, that's the beauty!
    You will see in previous comments I have actually complimented South Cardiff.
    I have praise for a number of teams not just one.

Anyway done and dusted. thanks for the intelligent conversation.

Plenty to talk about.
    which youth league? there are a few. you mean the 13's,14's,15's, 17's?
    Last edited by hawk; 03-06-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    which youth league? there are a few. you mean the 13's,14's,15's, 17's?
    Yes, this is the NPL youth. All the NBN clubs plus Mid North Coast rep teams.

Heard there has been another theft this time at Southy. Hope they catch these bastards.