Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

I have heard rumour that the 3 clubs who are close to going over the points cap (edgy,jaffas and Adamstown) have all had multiple queries put in about their playing roster and some of the points they have tried to lodge players at which could see them all go over the cap. Lets see how transparent this process is and whether northern police this as they should or just wave their magic wand over it so close to the season and make it go away . This will be the first big test of how serious northern take this new system or whether it is just a claytons points system. Seriously this was always going to turn into a shit fight when northern sent every clubs list to the other clubs and let them put protests in over each others rosters. This should have all been done by northern,but now they have went this way,lets see what response there is and how they react to clubs protests and what they do if a club does go over the allowed points. This isn't a crack at edgy ,jaffas and Adamstown as I have heard nearly every club has had their rosters queried,the only difference being that these 3 clubs are already pretty close to the limit that any irregularities or extra points could push them over 250 points or 280 in adamstowns case

I think every team needs there player roster and points shown public so that everyone can see and query.

Its the clubs word vs Northern, what do you think the clubs are going to do, try to cheat the system as much as possible. Not many clubs keep accurate records of playing rosters, maybe first grade but most don't know who played for them in the lower grades 2 years ago.

Yeah the Troy thing sounds silly, every player should be start 10 points irrespective? ain't that the base? I also heard that a club had a player down as playing for 5 consecutive years when they had actually only been there for 3, about to start the 4th in 2014. This is basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I think every team needs there player roster and points shown public so that everyone can see and query.
    Why should the public have a say? Do you expect FFA to release the salary cap for each club?

NNSWF should have a full time member of staff looking over it, a "salary cap auditor".
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Why should the public have a say? Do you expect FFA to release the salary cap for each club?

NNSWF should have a full time member of staff looking over it, a "salary cap auditor".
    I think by public he meant the clubs in the NPL, not the public at large.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I think by public he meant the clubs in the NPL, not the public at large.
    that's exactly how it happens now...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    So marquees are only marquees for one year? Seems silly to me. They were marquees last year weren't they? Has Ireland played in the uk and Jobe with the jets.
    Ireland was reserve keeper for coventry city wasnt he. I can imagine thats professional.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    Ireland was reserve keeper for coventry city wasnt he. I can imagine thats professional.
    If you are paid as your sole income to play or be trained as a footballer then you are a pro footballer. What is difficult to understand about it?
    Brad Jones is Liverpools reserve keeper who plays very few matches yet he is still a pro.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If you are paid as your sole income to play or be trained as a footballer then you are a pro footballer. What is difficult to understand about it?
    Brad Jones is Liverpools reserve keeper who plays very few matches yet he is still a pro.
    Bit like how Bridges masquerades as one for the Jets

Or David Carney has spent the last 4-5 years of his career

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bit like how Bridges masquerades as one for the Jets

Or David Carney has spent the last 4-5 years of his career
    Only happens every blue moon MFKS but I agree with you

Banned
    Only happens every blue moon MFKS but I agree with you
    You didn't agree with me -

I just reinforced your view

That make you feel better???

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I have heard rumour that the 3 clubs who are close to going over the points cap (edgy,jaffas and Adamstown) have all had multiple queries put in about their playing roster and some of the points they have tried to lodge players at which could see them all go over the cap. Lets see how transparent this process is and whether northern police this as they should or just wave their magic wand over it so close to the season and make it go away . This will be the first big test of how serious northern take this new system or whether it is just a claytons points system. Seriously this was always going to turn into a shit fight when northern sent every clubs list to the other clubs and let them put protests in over each others rosters. This should have all been done by northern,but now they have went this way,lets see what response there is and how they react to clubs protests and what they do if a club does go over the allowed points. This isn't a crack at edgy ,jaffas and Adamstown as I have heard nearly every club has had their rosters queried,the only difference being that these 3 clubs are already pretty close to the limit that any irregularities or extra points could push them over 250 points or 280 in adamstowns case
    Think what you need to understand here is that Northern have already done a check on the points, and IF ( a big if!) they have done there job properly there shouldn't be any discrepancies no matter what clubs lodge. Clubs also have to have some proof when they lodge, they just cant say Peter Haynes isn't worth those points for example.
    The only common ones I have heard is about how many points does Kale Bradbery cost, Azzuri putting in 0 points for a marquee player, and Adamstown somehow having 3 players worth 2 points each!!??
    I heard Edge has the only Visa player - someone Sanchez and is a gun.

And yes that is exactly how it happens, every clubs PPS Roster is emailed to all clubs to look at, but they have to make a valid argument with proof as mentioned. As an example above if Magic has Peter Haynes down as 12 points for example and he has played for the club 5 years, If a club doesn't agree they have to come wuth some sort of proof that they have got the points wrong.
    Last edited by Zeus; 28-03-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Think what you need to understand here is that Northern have already done a check on the points, and IF ( a big if!) they have done there job properly there shouldn't be any discrepancies no matter what clubs lodge. Clubs also have to have some proof when they lodge, they just cant say Peter Haynes isn't worth those points for example.
    The only common ones I have heard is about how many points does Kale Bradbery cost, Azzuri putting in 0 points for a marquee player, and Adamstown somehow having 3 players worth 2 points each!!??
    I heard Edge has the only Visa player - someone Sanchez and is a gun.

And yes that is exactly how it happens, every clubs PPS Roster is emailed to all clubs to look at, but they have to make a valid argument with proof as mentioned. As an example above if Magic has Peter Haynes down as 12 points for example and he has played for the club 5 years, If a club doesn't agree they have to come wuth some sort of proof that they have got the points wrong.
    Uhmmm.... ok! I think I understand. Is it kinda like "innocent until proven to be cheating" sort of thingy then?

Even though the gunners had 25 points to spare, we have been challenged by another club who have 6 points to spare over a single point, give me strength please

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Even though the gunners had 25 points to spare, we have been challenged by another club who have 6 points to spare over a single point, give me strength please
    That is one thing you will find with this points system. Overly complicated, not many (if any) understand it completely. Just reading this forum there is confusion over who is worth what particularly if you change clubs and you did not come thru' the ranks of the the club you came from.
    I think it is a lot of nonsense myself. Works well in theory, but in practice another story.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    That is one thing you will find with this points system. Overly complicated, not many (if any) understand it completely. Just reading this forum there is confusion over who is worth what particularly if you change clubs and you did not come thru' the ranks of the the club you came from.
    I think it is a lot of nonsense myself. Works well in theory, but in practice another story.
    Yes so it is a bit of an issue now. Mainly cause it isn't yet fully understood or being played really well by a club

In time when the changes come and clubs are developing their own players for first grade as the system is meant to cause the point system will barely be an issue and clubs won't even be close to the points limit.

With only a week to go I think its easy to say this years competition will be highly competitive and probably should be the closest organisation of the ladder in years. Im tipping Edgy to take premiership then magic, jaffas and Weston with differences between to be miniscule.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yes so it is a bit of an issue now. Mainly cause it isn't yet fully understood or being played really well by a club

In time when the changes come and clubs are developing their own players for first grade as the system is meant to cause the point system will barely be an issue and clubs won't even be close to the points limit.
    Or the Fed will do their usual and change it around again after a few years.

Banned
    Or the Fed will do their usual and change it around again after a few years.
    Whether the Fed have the ability to change it around remains to be seen. This is mandated by the FFA as part of their bigger picture for football in this country going into the future.

I seriously don't think the FFA will back track too much from the course they are on and trying to achieve do you?? Whatever the FFA bends for the clubs will be minor tweaks and not major about faces

Nor should the FFA budge much anyway as they are leading the push for change and should fight through whatever resistance comes there way from short sighted clubs pandering to their own self interests

I haven't heard anything over the last few weeks about the charity shield. Assuming its not going ahead this year ???