Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    The last copy of the NPL I have has a Switching Player: Players who have switched clubs from the preceding season and are in the First Team squad. Applies to any club not just NPL.

+8 Added points if a player switches clubs and played >5 games
    +4 Added points if less played <5 game
    Thanks Curious Fan, how are clubs such as the Jaffers who have signed a couple of players going to stay under the points system? even just 4 players is 32 in just transfer points.

I also wonder how clubs like Lakes & Edgeworth will cope with a lot of players retiring and not playing next year. This points system doesn't allow them to re-fill their stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Thanks Curious Fan, how are clubs such as the Jaffers who have signed a couple of players going to stay under the points system? even just 4 players is 32 in just transfer points.

I also wonder how clubs like Lakes & Edgeworth will cope with a lot of players retiring and not playing next year. This points system doesn't allow them to re-fill their stocks.
    Pretty sure the Jaffas were only on ~210-220, so yes, that would still put them over, but I doubt everyone will be returning from this year, so there will be points available.

As for Lakes and Edgy, I think both of them were well over 300 points, so having blokes retire now and promoting youngsters without the fear of relegation for the next few years may be a great thing for them in the long term.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Pretty sure the Jaffas were only on ~210-220, so yes, that would still put them over, but I doubt everyone will be returning from this year, so there will be points available.

As for Lakes and Edgy, I think both of them were well over 300 points, so having blokes retire now and promoting youngsters without the fear of relegation for the next few years may be a great thing for them in the long term.
    Hats off to the Jaffers if they at around 230 presently without new signings.

With Edgy and Lakes losing players left and right. No way you you can be competitive if you are to purely to promote through youth, sorry to say. With that being said this points system doesn't really allow older players to stick around. I always found when i was playing that you learn't more from senior players by playing with and around them than by coaches. I wonder if this will be lost with this new points system?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

You sure about this ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Pretty sure in past threads it was confirmed that relegation etc was still going ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    You sure about this ?
    I thought it was for the first season at least, there is no relegation. As for the second or third, I don't know. Could be wrong though.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

relegation remains

Are northern or the clubs planning to release each clubs points calculations (in the veiw of transparency) or is it to be kept behind closed doors.

if you read the document properly... jaffas were 202.. but they had the promotion bonus applied... so they actually got 232, switching players penalties were also not applied... how many players switched to jaffas last year... ? Z? Then 232 + (Z x 8) = Jaffas 2013 points.

See below... From NNSWF

The IC’s recommendations are based on the outcome of the recent benchmarking exercise. Details follow;
    WESTON WORKERS BEARS 180
    CHARLESTOWN CITY BLUES 201
    HAMILTON OLYMPIC 219
    SOUTH CARDIFF 221
    BROADMEADOW MAGIC 226
    VALENTINE FC 247
    EDGEWORTH EAGLES 305
    LAKE MACQUARIE CITY 337
    LAMBTON JAFFAS* 202
    TOTAL 2138
    AVERAGE POINTS 238**
    *Lambton Jaffas was allocated 30 Bonus Points for promotion and in accordance with FFA directive, Switching Player penalties were not applied.
    **The above points are reflective of adjustments made by NNSWF to the PPS summaries supplied by clubs. A number of PPS summaries contained incorrect data.
    The allocation of a maximum of 250 points in 2014 is reflective of the fact that there may be minor discrepancies relating to the allocation of in particular Home Grown and Loyalty points.

 Clubs will be provided with the opportunity to scrutinise their competitors’ PPS summary prior to the commencement of each season. NNSWF will not investigate alleged discrepancies beyond the commencement of the season.

Either way, why are the Jaffas the ones most under scrutiny here, where Lakes and Edgy are 50 pts over the limit?

Seems they are more of a pressing issue.....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

There's no problem with last years points as all returning players now revert back to 10 points unless they are over 25 or better still a long serving player who loses points, the only concern for clubs this season is signing new players , no club should have any problems signing 3 or 4 new players with 250 points to play with, take jaffas for instance, Dino faj plus 8, Dennis faj, plus 8 plus 2 more more points for being 27, Peter McPherson, plus 8 plus another 5 for being 30( I may have his age wrong)Remington, plus 8 points, add 10 points for each player and you get 39 points for 4 new players, that's 211 points to fit in another 16 players who should almost be returning players from last season, 10 points each, some of this is an example and I'm sorry it may confuse some but it highlites how easy it is for clubs this season with 250 points, it's the next couple of seasons that may cause clubs who do not promote youth some problems, sorry to all Jaffa fans for using you as an example

Banned
    Hats off to the Jaffers if they at around 230 presently without new signings.

With Edgy and Lakes losing players left and right. No way you you can be competitive if you are to purely to promote through youth, sorry to say. With that being said this points system doesn't really allow older players to stick around. I always found when i was playing that you learn't more from senior players by playing with and around them than by coaches. I wonder if this will be lost with this new points system?
    Struggle to see why you have gripes with what is going ahead. This is a bit more important for the game in this country rather than some petty club ambitions to win a trophy by buying a squad of players. If a few clubs are hampered by their inability to promote and develop youth and develop a club then they really should **** off out of top level football in this country. Build your clubs and develop players and you will earn success.

If you can't do that or don't wish to do that you shouldn't be playing in the NBN anyway

I don't believe any club will find themselves under scrutiny too much with the 250 points allowance for 2014.

It is the top 25 players as defined by each club, yes there is an additional 8 points 'penalty' for a transferring player on top of his base 10 points but, as the Jaffas seemed to be of interest to most they sat at 202 so therefore still have 48 points buffer and for each new first grade player they sign on drops off the list of 25 so they couldpotentailly sign 6 new players and still qualify without using other available ways to lower their player points totals such as promoting an U19 player etc.

It is not a simple matrix or calculation and I certainly won't try to explain in full detail how it works here.

What might be of concern is a Lakes who may again need to sign larger numbers of new players if they lose a large number again in 2014. They scored so high because of signing so many transferring players in 2013, now each of those that remain in 2014 drops from 18 to 10 points but they still need to get under 250 and replace any of their top 25 who leave.

So Lakes may have scored 337 but if say 10 of those top 25 were transfers in 2013 and remain for 2014 then they drop 80 points there alone but still be slightly over. Lakes are basically in a position of having little opportunity to bring new players in but will need to focus heavily on convincing those 2013 to stay.

What I can honestly say I did not see is how Northern plan to deal with any club that does not fall under the 250 point mark? Points penalty? Financial penalty? Registration refusals/cancellations? Does anyone know the details on this part of the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Pretty sure in past threads it was confirmed that relegation etc was still going ahead.
    Under the current situation, at any point promotion can only be gained from New FM by a club who fulfills a number of criteria, not just coming first. The main being qualify and hold a NPL Licence at the beginning of the season in which they win the competition AND have teams in Association A Grade in a number of age groups 12/14/16 so they at least have the core of teams for the NPL youth system.

Now those two things alone mean it is unlikely any promotion will occur within the first few years as clubs in New FM need to sort out this junior system.

The longer ter objective of NPL is youth talent identification and development. Clubs benefit by identifying young players and holding them in their clubs while they progress from Youth to Seniors, they under the point system gain credits for being long term players and thus lower their 10 base points to say 7 or 8 depending in their age and years with the club.

Thats where the opportunity to bring in new players will arise..... promote and develop youth and build up a number of buffer points to bring in a transfer player. Might mean a bit of a juggling act for a few seasons which is why it was decided to start at 250 and not the FFA preferred 200 points.

Take a player like Peter Haynes....... he has a base value of 10 points but then earns +1 penalty points for each year he is over 25 (I wont insult him by guessing what that total might be) but he is also able to gain credit points for each year over 5 consecutive years he has been at Magic so if Pete was 29 and had been at Magic for 7 seasons his total would 10+4-2=12

But for another club to sign him he would be worth 10+8+4=22 points..... a huge difference. That's where the incentive to invest and develop club youth is based.

Under the current situation, at any point promotion can only be gained from New FM by a club who fulfills a number of criteria, not just coming first. The main being qualify and hold a NPL Licence at the beginning of the season in which they win the competition AND have teams in Association A Grade in a number of age groups 12/14/16 so they at least have the core of teams for the NPL youth system.

Now those two things alone mean it is unlikely any promotion will occur within the first few years as clubs in New FM need to sort out this junior system.
    If that's true, Lambton won't be playing NBN next year. This year our highest 12s and 13s were in C grade, and from what I've heard, no one from our 13s got picked in the senior's 14s for next year. Our 14s this year had a team in A grade, and really should have had 2, but that's another discussion.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Maitland have the NPL licence and also sides nominating for A Grade in 12's,13's,14's,15's,16's and 17's. Maybe promotion relegation could occur sooner than later if the Pies win the comp.

A lot of the New FM clubs have made sure that they fit the criteria...

all clubs bar Singleton and Thornton have been appointed licenses and have the opportunity to gain promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Struggle to see why you have gripes with what is going ahead. This is a bit more important for the game in this country rather than some petty club ambitions to win a trophy by buying a squad of players. If a few clubs are hampered by their inability to promote and develop youth and develop a club then they really should **** off out of top level football in this country. Build your clubs and develop players and you will earn success.

If you can't do that or don't wish to do that you shouldn't be playing in the NBN anyway
    Thanks for you input MFKS. I hope this doesn't sound like a verbal barrage like your post. But what are your footballing credentials in regards to being this unbelievable footballing guru that can speak down to every body? You seem to like hammering people that have an opinion in which you never really tackle head on. But your love affair with the jets is well known, and the football they play is boring and in-effective to put it nicely. I would much prefer to watch crabs walk side ways across the beach then to watch the youth team or 1st play side ways and backwards passes continually.

Who do you think young players should learn off? The coaches in the NBN league that are scrambling to get their coaching certificates because they have massive ego's and think their current way of managing and coaching players is legitimate? And who once have finished their coaching course will have very little mentoring in regards to actually improving? Better yet lets get penalize players over the age of 25 because they are just burden on the game. What young player has ever learn't anything from a senior player?

For the record i have nothing against youth development. My beef is not with you MFKS but with the FFA and their PPS which is a restriction of trade to say the least. Also it has a failure to recognize that senior players still play a valuable role in the state league, and in all leagues across the world for that matter.

Not aiming to defend the Member, but I haven't seen him defend the way we are playing, but rather defending the actual club (and Kale). Players come and go etc.

As for youngsters learning, if they're not learning off the coach, what the **** are the coaches doing? Isn't that part of their job description? If the coaches aren't teaching the players anything, what are they doing? And there's nothing stopping clubs from getting past players to come and help out at training, maybe even pay for their coaching licenses and embed them into the club! That way the youngsters can still learn off them!

And as for a restriction of trade, thats a long bow isn't it? The clubs are semi-pro ffs, I doubt anyone in NBN doesn't have a full-time occupation outside of football.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out