Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

And as for a restriction of trade, thats a long bow isn't it? The clubs are semi-pro ffs, I doubt anyone in NBN doesn't have a full-time occupation outside of football.
    Jobe Whhelhouse??

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Jobe Whhelhouse??
    Exception to the rule. You'd imagine he'd either be looking for other professional opportunities or be getting a regular job. Main point was, no one was living solely off the match payments provided by the NBN clubs.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Thanks for you input MFKS. I hope this doesn't sound like a verbal barrage like your post. But what are your footballing credentials in regards to being this unbelievable footballing guru that can speak down to every body? You seem to like hammering people that have an opinion in which you never really tackle head on. But your love affair with the jets is well known, and the football they play is boring and in-effective to put it nicely. I would much prefer to watch crabs walk side ways across the beach then to watch the youth team or 1st play side ways and backwards passes continually.

Who do you think young players should learn off? The coaches in the NBN league that are scrambling to get their coaching certificates because they have massive ego's and think their current way of managing and coaching players is legitimate? And who once have finished their coaching course will have very little mentoring in regards to actually improving? Better yet lets get penalize players over the age of 25 because they are just burden on the game. What young player has ever learn't anything from a senior player?

For the record i have nothing against youth development. My beef is not with you MFKS but with the FFA and their PPS which is a restriction of trade to say the least. Also it has a failure to recognize that senior players still play a valuable role in the state league, and in all leagues across the world for that matter.
    Miss out on the course Champ ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Main point was, no one was living solely off the match payments provided by the NBN clubs.
    I think your views are a bit naive then. I've known plenty of players who lived solely off the payments from state league. Granted a fair majority of them were uni students who would have been scraping for money otherwise, but I've also known some older heads who haven't had work outside of football (for various reasons).
    OK

Abe Wheelhouse to Maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Abe Wheelhouse to Maitland.
    R.I.P. Maitland

WOW havent Maitland recruited this year? they have already got a side that should win the comp but now they have a side that could compete well in the NBN

Surely will get promoted now that all the decent teams in that comp are gone!!

Time to stir the pot...
    1 word JAFFAS.

Surley a melbourne storm conspiracy brewing.

People's Thoughts?
    Reports out of Tuesday nights meeting at northern.
    Each club must submit their 20 man squad 30 days prior to commencement of competition.
    Comp starts April 6.
    Squad must be under 250 points.
    There will only be two " transfer" windows during the year where you can make changes to your 20 man roster,lets say rounds 6 & 12. So once your original squad of 20 is named, no one from outside of those 20 players can play first grade until the first window opens,special circumstances if you have a long term injured player. So if a player wishes to leave lets say Southy after round 1 to join Weston,then said player could not play first grade for Weston until the first window to change your roster opens. Apparently when this window opens,a club can also only make 2 changes. A long term injured player sounds like will be a player out for 4 plus weeks and will need medical certificate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Thanks for you input MFKS. I hope this doesn't sound like a verbal barrage like your post. But what are your footballing credentials in regards to being this unbelievable footballing guru that can speak down to every body? You seem to like hammering people that have an opinion in which you never really tackle head on. But your love affair with the jets is well known, and the football they play is boring and in-effective to put it nicely. I would much prefer to watch crabs walk side ways across the beach then to watch the youth team or 1st play side ways and backwards passes continually.

Who do you think young players should learn off? The coaches in the NBN league that are scrambling to get their coaching certificates because they have massive ego's and think their current way of managing and coaching players is legitimate? And who once have finished their coaching course will have very little mentoring in regards to actually improving? Better yet lets get penalize players over the age of 25 because they are just burden on the game. What young player has ever learn't anything from a senior player?

For the record i have nothing against youth development. My beef is not with you MFKS but with the FFA and their PPS which is a restriction of trade to say the least. Also it has a failure to recognize that senior players still play a valuable role in the state league, and in all leagues across the world for that matter.
    Young players should be taught by adequately credentialed coaches at clubs. I find it ridiculous that any club can justify paying semi pro players a wage yet fail to actually pay to see coaches at all levels are adequately trained to perform their job. Maybe the money in local football should actually be going to developing youth from U6's up to First grade by developing them correctly and better than is done at present rather than lining the pockets of first grade players for training 2 nights a week and playing a game on the weekend.

I find the criticism of the FFA ridiculous for trying to improve the standards of clubs across the country so that the standards of player coming through to First grade in the State Leagues >> HAL >> Socceroos are greatly improved in the future. The current standards are definitely not good enough.

Banned
    http://www.northernnswfootball.com.a...NPL_Senior.pdf
    Draw for NBN.

Back to 3 grades First 22's and 19's

The u17's are back to the yoof set up

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.a...2014_NEWFM.pdf

Draw for New FM
    Last edited by MFKS; 27-11-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Gunners 199 points, lowest in the league

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Gunners 199 points, lowest in the league
    Probably where they will finish at seasons end

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    8 teams playing each other 3 times, ergh
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Probably where they will finish at seasons end

magician v FR....

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    magician v FR....
    I noticed ForeverRed has deleted a few of his recent posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Forever are you involved with the men of football. If so why we're magic in the herald article about the Asia cup 5 a side?

We had 2 hours to organise a photo shoot, those that could make it were present