Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

I forgot to mention Berlin and Virgili. I actually watched Virgili warm up on the sideline and he was looking in tip-top shape. He made a couple of storming runs down the field when he came on. I've only missed one Magic game this year and IMO, Berlin is a bigger threat in front of goal then Haynes is. Been good to see the younger players step up, thought Lewis did well in midfield and Littlewood showed a lot of improvement at right back. Should be a great game next week out at Weston.

Jets demolished a poor Adamstown today. Finished 5-0. Abe Wheelhouse got sent off again.... Really surprised me... Not!
    Heard Lambton beat Lakes 5-2...

Jaffas and Lakes was played on a wet Edden Oval, with Lakes taking an early lead, Dino and Kale scored a brace each and Remo scored an absolute pearler, top corner from outside the 18. Jaffas won comfortably 5 - 2, but Lakes played some good football and on their day will trouble any team.

Weston Bears 2-1 over Magic. The Bears were just too good for a really poor performing Magic side. Broadmeadow were lacking in front of goal. Casciaroli struggled to keep possession and Hoole wasn't up to his normal standards.

I thought Jon Griffiths was strong I defence but today the Bears were just too good. Full credit to Weston as anyone could tell that they were pumped and were determined to win.

Not a good day for Magic but thought young Callan Lewis was really strong in midfield. Kept winning the ball back and was a big help going forward.

Hopefully Magic step it up for the state cup next weekend and unfortunately I'll miss the game against the Jets Youth as I have my own game that day.

Building up to be a really tight comp in the NPL this year.

Having watched today's match between Weston and Broadmeadow I'd say it was a very even match with little separating the pair. Hakan Canli scored the opening goal after turning a Bears defender on the edge of the box before calmly placing his strike inside the far post. The rest of the half saw a few half chances to either side with Morris forcing Bowling to tip over at the back stick from a free-kick. The second half saw Weston come out and dominate possession before Cowburn headed home a well placed Subat cross early on. Shortly after Mick Ryan was fouled just outside the box and Morris stepped up to expertly send his free-kick over the wall before nestling inside the far stick. Canli should've levelled after great lead up from Virgilli but Pratt made good ground to save a poor attempt. All in all, Weston probably just shaded Magic, but a draw may have been a fair result

Result between Southy olympic tonight anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Having watched today's match between Weston and Broadmeadow I'd say it was a very even match with little separating the pair. Hakan Canli scored the opening goal after turning a Bears defender on the edge of the box before calmly placing his strike inside the far post. The rest of the half saw a few half chances to either side with Morris forcing Bowling to tip over at the back stick from a free-kick. The second half saw Weston come out and dominate possession before Cowburn headed home a well placed Subat cross early on. Shortly after Mick Ryan was fouled just outside the box and Morris stepped up to expertly send his free-kick over the wall before nestling inside the far stick. Canli should've levelled after great lead up from Virgilli but Pratt made good ground to save a poor attempt. All in all, Weston probably just shaded Magic, but a draw may have been a fair result

Anybody no the result between Southy olympic tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    Anybody no the result between Southy olympic tonight?
    Have been told Southy won 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Guiltykeep View Post
    Have been told Southy won 2-1
    Was at the game,olympic led 1-0 after ten or so and could have been up by 3 after 30 mins as Stafford saved 2 one on ones from hodgson as well as Olympic hitting the bar. From here southy took control,equalised after 35 and were the better side for the rest of the match. Olympic only looked good again in last 20 or so after replacing both hodgson and monie who were both stinking.

ziggaaaaaaaa

Good win by the gunners, honestly thought they could have won easier showing a bit more desire then the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Was at the game,olympic led 1-0 after ten or so and could have been up by 3 after 30 mins as Stafford saved 2 one on ones from hodgson as well as Olympic hitting the bar. From here southy took control,equalised after 35 and were the better side for the rest of the match. Olympic only looked good again in last 20 or so after replacing both hodgson and monie who were both stinking.
    Agreed...
    Olympic came out of the blocks well and could have had more than one early on. After about 15 or 20 minutes Southy got themselves back into the game and did really well. Their first goal came from about 15 or so one and two touch passes, it was good to see. The pitch wasn't the best by the looks of it but Southy still seemed to try and play a bit. The last 15 of the first half Southy had Olympic under the pump big time. Southy just seemed to buzz for the whole 90 minutes while Olympic were very sluggish.
    I only stayed for the first half of the 22's but that seemed to be a good game too. I heard it finished 2-2. First points Olympic have dropped all year!

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Did the buds boot Abe out?
    Best thing that could happen to him, if it is true.

Why what has happened with young Abe now ?

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Best thing that could happen to him, if it is true.
    Why is it good for him to leave Adamstown ? Not sure that he will get a better offer if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Why is it good for him to leave Adamstown ? Not sure that he will get a better offer if he does.
    The kid has a poor attitude. Someone not bowing down to his arrogance and giving him a kick up the arse is a good thing. For the long term it may do wonders for his future.

ID Premier League may be his next stop, that or a desperate NEWFM club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    ID Premier League may be his next stop, that or a desperate NEWFM club.
    He might go home to Toronto

Why are we wasting time on discussions about somebody who has done nothing in the game,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why are we wasting time on discussions about somebody who has done nothing in the game,
    as much as Abe is arrogant and hard to think highly of from the outside looking in. Who in this comp has done anything in the game? There wouldn't be many that have done anything worth really talking about.
    Last edited by immersion; 18-06-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    as much as Abe is arrogant and hard to think highly of from the outside looking in. Who in this comp has done anything in the game? There wouldn't be many that have done anything worth really talking about.
    To be fair, we could just continue the whinging about Olympic's long balls, Jets not being able to be relegated, Lambton's poor drainage, Magic getting to host the majority of grand finals and pocketing the profits, how poor Lakes have been, Cardiff's chicken sheds etc.

I would be interested to see if he has been punted, and if so, who picks him up. Can only really see Lakes trying as a last ditch to try to avoid relegation.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out