Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Back in the day Speers Point was the home of GFs - and it was big enough to take everybody's cars as well! Some momentous days there.

It needs some lovin though that place.
    Actually hope that with the facility going in at Speers Point that given time Northern might look to include the ground there as the centrepiece of the facility. ie get another government handout and build a facility of note there.

Either that or hope Lakes fall over and they can pick it up on the cheap

We forget what an icon it was back then - grand finals, the old Tasman Cup in its prime, remember watching Glasgow Rangers there once and the Socceroos played few games as well. Even KB United played a game there.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    2 years, I go to edgeworth once a year, and that once a year has occurred, enjoy your time looking for a car park and paying overs for a warm beer,
    Won't have to worry about Southy getting the gig anytime
    Soon forever red.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Early thoughts on G/F Sunday. I think if Wheelhouse plays Jaffas might just win. Don't know if Weston having the week off may have stalled their recent form.
    What does people make of the quote by sessions in the paper today? I personally believe having watched Evans this season he is the best player in the comp by a bit of a margin. How doesn't the jets look at somebody like this. Sessions is gunna wanna have a good game otherwise he will be left with egg on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Edgy's ground - the facilities are arguably not top shelf (but I don't consider them bad in the slightest) but I've never heard a complaint about the playing surface before tbh.
    Have you spoken to anybody that has played there?
    Played there a few times and its mostly Soft and spongey and somehow wet despite not having rained in weeks. And when it's rained recently it's terrible. If it rains again before the weekend, it'll be slosh. Similar to Azzurri in the way that after a bit of rain, you just sink into the pitch, and you can see heel divets everywhere. Probably worst pitch in the comp after a bit of rain. Daresay worse than Jaffas.

I have no dramas with the facilities, though. As much as i dislike the club, they've put effort in and constructed a new stand, done up around the ground, scoreboard etc. Getting there. I don't really have a problem with them having it as they've gotten stuck in and done some work to their facilities.

Hopefully they've given it a bit of TLC throughout the year, knowing they had the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Have you spoken to anybody that has played there?
    I used to play there. And have spoken to multiple people who have played there more recently than me.
    OK

Do edgeworth have the best facilities? Not by far.

Are they the best ran club club? lol nope.

But you can't keep bashing an organisation that is trying to improve. As much as they can be trouble. They seem to be actively trying to fix things around the club and improve the facilities.

The Jets lovers, magic supporters etc love to bash them and so do i. But at the end of the day they are trying to improve unlike some clubs. I think it is a stroke of long term genius by northern to give the GF to them. Hopefully it spurs on other clubs to improve.

This form has been poor over the last weeks. Everyone bashing edgy. I think everyone is fully aware of their faults. Surely there is somthing else better talk about?

I'm sorry but, magic have the best facilities. They deserve to host it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-r...e%2BHunter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Actually hope that with the facility going in at Speers Point that given time Northern might look to include the ground there as the centrepiece of the facility. ie get another government handout and build a facility of note there.

Either that or hope Lakes fall over and they can pick it up on the cheap
    No reason why Northern, lakes and Jets can't work together and fix the facilities up, improve the surface and have Lakes and Jets Youth play out of there along with Northern using it for the GF and Jets playing a few games out of it here and there. It could be to football what No2 is to Union with a bit of $$$ and Cooperation.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    What does people make of the quote by sessions in the paper today? I personally believe having watched Evans this season he is the best player in the comp by a bit of a margin. How doesn't the jets look at somebody like this. Sessions is gunna wanna have a good game otherwise he will be left with egg on his face.
    Obviously Sessions is trying play mind games here, nobody that has seen him this year can genuinely believe Connor isn't a talented player. I'd say it is a rather weak attempt to unsettle him.

When Connor is on he is near unplayable will be an interesting day for him. Even if Lambton play him out of the game there are other players like McDermott and Ryan (most likely from the bench) who can contribute and obviously Jaffas have their own dangerous players too. Looking forward to see how the game pans out!

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    seems pretty poor to be honest, seems to come across quite arrogant in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    No reason why Northern, lakes and Jets can't work together and fix the facilities up, improve the surface and have Lakes and Jets Youth play out of there along with Northern using it for the GF and Jets playing a few games out of it here and there. It could be to football what No2 is to Union with a bit of $$$ and Cooperation.
    That is a good sentiment, but do you really think that Lakes, The Jest and Northern can agree on anything, let alone work together?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    seems pretty poor to be honest, seems to come across quite arrogant in my opinion
    Thought it was a half decent sledge.

Seen better though

As for Evans being picked up by the Jets there is a huge difference in NPL and HAL level.

Virgili killed it a few years ago with the Jets Yoof and look at how well he goes at HAL level

Having been at Edgeworth this year i must say I was quite impressed and thought the facilities were more than respectable . Ok i was not in the players area but as a spectator it was as good a view to watch a game as anywhere else and much better than many others

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Having been at Edgeworth this year i must say I was quite impressed and thought the facilities were more than respectable . Ok i was not in the players area but as a spectator it was as good a view to watch a game as anywhere else and much better than many others
    edgeworth-
    as the famous words from ACDC, to remember when travelling this weekend to the GF at Edgy.
    lock up your daughters, lock up your wife, lock up your back door and run for your life, the bag thieves are in town, and no Edgy teams around

Insightful as always.

MFKS, I'm glad you're not a cattle buyer, anything with hooves would be liable to turn up. If you consider Evans and Virgili the same type of footballers you're wasting your sunday afternoons

insightful and positive as usual

Is anyone actually looking forward to a cracker of a game? We all know Edgeworth was an old swamp back in the day and they are lucky rain has eased this week otherwise it would have turned into a circus.

With both teams fit who do you think wins?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Is anyone actually looking forward to a cracker of a game? We all know Edgeworth was an old swamp back in the day and they are lucky rain has eased this week otherwise it would have turned into a circus.

With both teams fit who do you think wins?
    Usually the team to beat is the one with the best defence. Both of them are pretty poor really. FFS Jaffas have let in 7 goals in 3 semis and Weston have let in 4 in 2 semis so neither of them are in great form there

I am thinking if Jaffas can defend on the day better than they usually do they win as they have the greater fire power up front to get the goals.