Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76

Thread: Site & Foz improvements/feedback thread

  1. #1
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,785

    Site & Foz improvements/feedback thread

    Post up any foz stuff here.
    Are there any particular additions you want made to the forum? Are you happy with the default layout or do you want some customisations created? Do we want to upgrade to vbulletin5?

    Before anyone asks, I will be working on the mobile version of the forum over the coming weeks. I am not sure how long it will take so bear with me.

    Keep in mind also, that some improvements/plugins/etc may cost money.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  2. #2
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,785
    speaking of a mobile version, so we just want a mobile version of the foz or the whole site?
    Crook has paid for the mobile suite of vbulletin which allows us to create an app for iphones and android, but this is separate to the main site which is wordpress.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  3. #3
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,928
    the option to like posts seems to work well in other forums I use

    the option to like Baz's posts would add a lot of value to the forum in my opinion

  4. #4
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,288
    Is vBulletin able to get quote-pyramids happening? As in, if you quote someone who has quoted someone, all the quotes come along with your post and not just the most recent one?

    FWIW I don't like the "like" idea. Just a personal thing. Rich, coming from the dude who likes every single thing he does on FB
    OK

  5. #5
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the option to like posts seems to work well in other forums I use

    the option to like Baz's posts would add a lot of value to the forum in my opinion
    This is not a default option, but rather a mod/hack I will need to install. Will look into it
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  6. #6
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Is vBulletin able to get quote-pyramids happening? As in, if you quote someone who has quoted someone, all the quotes come along with your post and not just the most recent one?

    FWIW I don't like the "like" idea. Just a personal thing. Rich, coming from the dude who likes every single thing he does on FB
    in order to stop a massive amount of quotes appearing in peoples posts everytime they posted a reply, vbulletin 4.2 has the multi-quote option. Basically the quotation box with the little "+" sign next to it allows to you specifically include the relevant posts into your reply, rather than simply everything that preceded your reply.
    Use the multi-quote to tag the posts you want to have in your reply, then you hit "reply with quote" as normal.

    Its a better system I think.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  7. #7
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,785
    I have bumped up the number of posts you can multi-quote to 5 btw
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,222
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Is vBulletin able to get quote-pyramids happening? As in, if you quote someone who has quoted someone, all the quotes come along with your post and not just the most recent one?

    FWIW I don't like the "like" idea. Just a personal thing. Rich, coming from the dude who likes every single thing he does on FB
    Are you talking about a string of quotes so you can read the history of the conversation, Pv4?

    So for example, if you replied to this, it would show your original post, my post, then your new post?

  9. #9
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Are you talking about a string of quotes so you can read the history of the conversation, Pv4?

    So for example, if you replied to this, it would show your original post, my post, then your new post?
    Yep that's what I'm talking about. The problem with how it is currently is I physically have to go find the original quote, to then click the multi-quote option.

    Is there any issue with quote pyramids forming?
    OK

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,227
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Is there any issue with quote pyramids forming?
    Is there any issue with quote pyramids forming?
    Is there any issue with quote pyramids forming?
    Is there any issue with quote pyramids forming?
    It appears to work fine if done manually...

    Am with pv4, for stringing together conversations they are much better.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    dead against them as it generally means you end up with two new posts per page.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,227
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    dead against them as it generally means you end up with two new posts per page.
    Why would pyramid quoting have any impact on the number of posts per page?

  13. #13
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,029
    Can we get some new and improved smilies added to the collection.


    Some of the current lot are lame and useless
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  14. #14
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Liking posts and the ability to tag other members using @ works really well on another forum I'm on.

    Not a fan of pyramid quotes at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  15. #15
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    and we should win stuff by posting
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  16. #16
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,785
    ok someone post up the "gent" icon so I can add it back in
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,222
    Attachment 616Attachment 617Attachment 618Attachment 619

    Found these. Might be a good addition. Up to you all

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,289
    honest question
    can u ask Robbie if he can starting answering questions in the Ask the Jets section again?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,227
    I spoke to Robbie and his response was "Joel asked that? joel31 aka soccer_joel asked that? You mean the guy that gave the Jets such awesome ability in FM2014 that now everyone has ridiculous expectations from the club? That Joel? Nah, **** that guy"

    True story

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I spoke to Robbie and his response was "Joel asked that? joel31 aka soccer_joel asked that? You mean the guy that gave the Jets such awesome ability in FM2014 that now everyone has ridiculous expectations from the club? That Joel? Nah, **** that guy"

    True story
    on FM15 we will be a lot worse

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •