Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 Season Away Travel Thread

2012/2013 Season Away Travel Thread

Discussions here on who is going when and where etc
    Also post up in here when flight specials are on and shit

Is everyone planning the Melbourne double NY week?

Definitely keen for Melbourne away x2 over NY.

I found a hotel nearby the Stadiums that will allow bookings and charge when you check out. Could be an option to ensure accommodation without having to fork out initially.

24 Nov @ Melbourne - Jetstar $49
    1 Dec @ Brisbane - Jetstar $45
    deal ends 02 July 11:59pm

3 Nov @ Perth - Virgin from Sydney $165
    deal ends 03 July

Keen for Melbourne away x2

Banned
    Just took advantage of the $45 ticket to Brisbane with Jetstar. Flying up Friday for an extra day of R&R

Am holding off on return fare at this stage as I couldn't be arsed flying out of Brisbane at 6:20am Sunday as it inhibits festivities on Saturday night and the later Sunday options are up at the $99 price bracket. Monday no good as I will have to be back at work. Will just wait and check in on it from time to time as the fares fluctuate before picking my mark

Add in the ridiculous $7 or whatever it is for paying by Visa (Why??) so you are looking around the $110 to get home

Am also looking at doing the Wellington away game in January. Have tallied up the sums for doing Melbourne New Years Mission and can see it costing a small fortune.

Planning on heading to Travel Agent to see how much I can do 7-10 days seeing the sights of NZ plus being in Wellington on Sunday 27th Jan game for our ritual arse raping in NZ.

Feel it will come in about the same/cheaper than Melbourne trip plus get a few more days/value out of it

Don't forget Boys and Girls planning on Perth away trip that NIB Stadium has a 9k capacity due to re development so make sure you can get tickets before booking as it won't be much fun lobbing up in Perth and having to watch the game at the pub after forking out for flights accommodation etc when you could have stayed in Newy and watched it on Fox Sports

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Am holding off on return fare at this stage as I couldn't be arsed flying out of Brisbane at 6:20am Sunday as it inhibits festivities on Saturday night
    this is where you and i think differently - to me that says you don't need to spend on accomodation for the saturday night, ask your hotel to hold your luggage that you've checked out on the saturday morning for the day/night, then party all through the sat night, don't sleep, pick your gear up from the hotel locker in the early am and head to the airport early. sleep whilst waiting at the airport & on the plane.

am hoping to get to brisbane, adelaide, melbz & wellington away this season. but i can see me only getting to brisbane & possibly adelaide.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    this is where you and i think differently - to me that says you don't need to spend on accomodation for the saturday night, ask your hotel to hold your luggage that you've checked out on the saturday morning for the day/night, then party all through the sat night, don't sleep, pick your gear up from the hotel locker in the early am and head to the airport early. sleep whilst waiting at the airport & on the plane.
    Probably a reflection on our differing ages and mentalities. I still enjoy going out on the piss but don't wish to be getting home from it at 5 am in the morning any more!!!

Plus I have no great urgency to get back to Newy early that Sunday morning so would much rather spend most of my day in Brissy enjoying what it has to offer rather than getting to Brisvegas airport in the early part of the morning to get back to Newy at breakfast time and spend the rest of the day feeling like shite

brisbane is a terrible city, but every away trip i have been on there has been brilliant

1. kaze house, shitman, sayers wearing every piece of his clothing, and most of everyone elses's in the pool, 4-4-2, hitman's dick, the lezzos, doss on sex patrol, roary getting ****ed, kickouts, queensland cops fmd. will be very hard to top that, a day from another time, never to be repeated

2. the one where griffo popped up and slotted a header in the 93rd minute to steal a victory, place going legit mental - boz and i arriving in the third minute after a squillion dollar cab ride

3. slobs getting in touch with the local indigenous population, the fist talking to his cousin matt ham, feats of strength

the best bit is most of the locals don't seem to have a ****ing clue, the shenanos that one can get up to are only limited by your imagination

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    rip slobs iphone
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Don't forget Boys and Girls planning on Perth away trip that NIB Stadium has a 9k capacity due to re development so make sure you can get tickets before booking as it won't be much fun lobbing up in Perth and having to watch the game at the pub after forking out for flights accommodation etc when you could have stayed in Newy and watched it on Fox Sports
    I believe Sage and co. have elected to play their home matches from Paterson's Stadium (Subiaco). So redundant issue really

Last I heard they hadn't made a firm decision and were still throwing up the idea of using burswood dome

Ahhh, you are probably correct. I saw they (Glory) were playing their Round 1 match at Paterson's, and looked no further, but it appears nib stadium is (at this stage) listed as the venue for their remaining matches.

Burswood would throw up an interesting issue, as it is an indoor arena, and would be presumably played on artificial turf??

Yeah that's the plan, one slight problem its scheduled for demolition at the end of the year, would make for an interesting atmosphere.

What are the logistics for Wests away? furns?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    train to Strathfield, connection to Parramatta

piece of piss

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    What are the logistics for Wests away? furns?
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    train to Strathfield, connection to Parramatta

piece of piss

Furns' place for pre match drinks