Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Round 6 - Other fixtures

Oh, an I can confirm our membership card is thicker than the WSW one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Oh, an I can confirm our membership card is thicker than the WSW one.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    WSW shit me to tears watching.

Park 10 blokes behind the ball at home and play on the counter. Jag results left right and centre and if it wasn't for Victrees shit finishing in the first half and I am looking at you Archie they could easily have been down 3-4 at HT

Am looking forward to the day they are struggling a hell of a lot. They will have no Plan B when Plan A don't work as Plan A is their Plan B Plan C Plan Z etc
    I'm not a fan either. We saw the lack of a plan B in the GF when they were without Hersi. They remind me a lot of the Gypos under Lawrie McKinna.

That was a bit of cluster**** yesterday, scheduling in Perth v Adelaide for a 2:30pm in Perth. It was mother ****ing son of a bitch hot here yesterday - consistently 37 throughout the game. What the **** are the FFA thinking? Perth should basically never have daytime home games - earliest kick off should be about 5pm local time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    That was a bit of cluster**** yesterday, scheduling in Perth v Adelaide for a 2:30pm in Perth. It was mother ****ing son of a bitch hot here yesterday - consistently 37 throughout the game. What the **** are the FFA thinking? Perth should basically never have daytime home games - earliest kick off should be about 5pm local time.
    You bring up a good point.

Back in the days of the NSL they made sure games kicked off at an hour that was suitable for the weather and not for TV.( Mind you they didn't have much TV coverage thankyou Channel 7)

I find it ridiculous that we have any games kick off prior to 6pm local time period. Lets face it forget the cluster**** the weather is today but generally speaking Summer time it is always still unpleasant outside at 5pm anytime the temp reached 30 degrees during the day.

Friday night game should kick off at 8pm AEDST not 7:30pm

Saturday games should kick off at 6pm AEDST and 8pm AEDST not 5:00 pm/5:30

and the Sunday games should not be kicking off until 6pm AEDST at the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    The FFA weren't thinking "let's schedule a Perth match in Perth for the 2:30pm kickoff". What they were thinking was "let's schedule a game in Adelaide for the 5pm slot" but didn't think "Oh, Perth are going to fxxk up their renovations which means they will have to swap their R1 match, fxxking themselves up and forcing them to play in the middle of the day".

Perth fxxked up here as well.

^ Did not realise it was an amended fixture

I still think it was pretty stupid to schedule the switched fixture at that time. It was hardly the club's fault that the stadium wasn't right to use in the first instance, so I don't see why they should have been punished.

Like I read somewhere else, a 6.45 or 7 pm kick-off would have been fine for both the locals and television audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I still think it was pretty stupid to schedule the switched fixture at that time. It was hardly the club's fault that the stadium wasn't right to use in the first instance, so I don't see why they should have been punished.

Like I read somewhere else, a 6.45 or 7 pm kick-off would have been fine for both the locals and television audience.
    How often do Perth have actual night time games? I honestly can't remember one at all... and 7pm kick off might mean no clashing for TV but they aren't exactly keen on showing HAL at a later hour, are they? That's 10pm AEDT... midnight finish. That eats into their EPL coverage on a normal weekend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    How often do Perth have actual night time games? I honestly can't remember one at all... and 7pm kick off might mean no clashing for TV but they aren't exactly keen on showing HAL at a later hour, are they? That's 10pm AEDT... midnight finish. That eats into their EPL coverage on a normal weekend.
    They are always 10pm aedt kick offs when the Jets are playing in Perth.

Just so we Novacastrians have to sit up to midnight to watch us get arse raped there again

Remember a late kickoff a few years back when Jade North scored in the last minutes to win a game there.

was that the game we scored two in stoppage time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Remember a late kickoff a few years back when Jade North scored in the last minutes to win a game there.
    Round 2 - 2008/09 (aka the year we won the spoon). Deep into injury time. Long ball over the top, Jade North inexplicably up front got onto it and poked it home. Woke the neighbours that night!

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    was that the game we scored two in stoppage time?
    Nope, that was Round 20 - 2006/07 (I had to look that one up!). Bobby Despotovski's last game ruined by Griffo

Was that the game eags broke his knee but turned out better than before?

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Nope, that was Round 20 - 2006/07 (I had to look that one up!). Bobby Despotovski's last game ruined by Griffo
    I remember listening to that one on the radio as we drove home from somewhere late at night. Almost ran off the road.

Any excuse to post it again...

Griff and Milton
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

scum playing the nix tonight at north sydney oval.

2-0 Gypos