View Poll Results: Nathan Burns or Ryan Griffiths?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nathan Burns

25 54.35%
  • Ryan Griffiths

12 26.09%
  • Slobs

9 19.57%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Burns or Ryan Griffiths?

Nathan Burns or Ryan Griffiths?

You have the option to get Nathan Burns out of his Korean contract & sign a 2 year deal with us, or you can let Burns go & sign Ryan Griffiths for 2 years. Which do you choose, and why?
    OK

Nathan Burns - Younger, quicker and trickier. Has more of a future with the team.

Griff Lite, too much bullshit from Burns last night that I feel a need to Junk Punch him for trying to be RVP when all he needed to do was be more like Scholes. Plus that Pen.............

Ask me again in a few weeks aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Griff Lite, too much bullshit from Burns last night that I feel a need to Junk Punch him for trying to be RVP when all he needed to do was be more like Scholes. Plus that Pen.............

Ask me again in a few weeks aye?
    Out of interest did you watch the game at the venue or on the TV?
    OK

Burns.

He looks enough like Bridges that the pro-Bridges brigade might mistake him for a talented version and want him on the teamsheet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Nathan Burns - Younger, quicker and trickier. Has more of a future with the team.
    agree

I'd take both, but would have Burns over RyGriff given Burns hasn't ran out on the club chasing coin (not that I blame RyGriff, but he can't expect to be welcomed back with open arms over someone else).
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

both.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    both.
    Could be done. James Gardiner said in his live chat a few weeks ago that Gibbs was only ever signed as an injury replacement for Cooper... not an actual squad spot. So we apparently have one of them free.

Griff.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game. did what anyone else would do in trying to earn as much coin as he can while he can, so his family is set up.
    Has nothing to prove on the field so can come in and be a leader that we need.

having said that, id rather keep them both.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Burns or both
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

forgot about mitch cooper he is a classy act that hopefully has been scared of by this injuries.

honestly even if you only had him as a bench player/squad player. r griff can score goals when you need them and is a great penalty taker....burns

but burns is probably the most naturally gifted player we have had in our squad since vignaroli

Hail Body!

forgot about mitch cooper he is a classy act that hopefully has been scared of by this injuries.

honestly even if you only had him as a bench player/squad player. r griff can score goals when you need them and is a great penalty taker....burns

but burns is probably the most naturally gifted player we have had in our squad since vignaroli
    Bridges.

(And I say that without sarcasm. Should have left the boots hung up instead of unretiring)

R Griff. He scores goals. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    R Griff. He scores goals. Simple as that.
    Ahead of who though, given that the left wing role Burns is now performing is nothing remotely like the one that RyuGriff was doing? He isn't going to be a striker ahead of Heskey or Taggart and he isn't going to play on the right as a winger either.

Unless GVE has plans to move to a 442, I honestly don't see where Griff fits into the lineup.

but for a squad player/bench player (if he is willing to take a lower wage) you would take him wouldn't you over bridges/gibbs/other rubbish options.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Could be done. James Gardiner said in his live chat a few weeks ago that Gibbs was only ever signed as an injury replacement for Cooper... not an actual squad spot. So we apparently have one of them free.
    That's interesting! I thought he was the replacement for Jesic

but for a squad player/bench player (if he is willing to take a lower wage) you would take him wouldn't you over bridges/gibbs/other rubbish options.
    For sure. But I just can't see Griff coming back as a bench warmer who scores goals in the NYL... can you?

If it's Burns on the left or Griff on the left, Burns would definitely be my preference.

Gibbs was originally signed for the entire 2013/14 season with no mention of injury replacement.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...ey-Gibbs/67158

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have signed striker Joey Gibbs for the 2013/14 A-League season.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Gibbs was originally signed for the entire 2013/14 season with no mention of injury replacement.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...ey-Gibbs/67158
    You mean JG is telling porkies? He did say "it's a little known fact that Gibbs was only signed as an injury replacement for Cooper. Was originally for the entire season but Cooper's rehab is well ahead of schedule. There is squad room to move Gibbs into the full roster though".