View Poll Results: Nathan Burns or Ryan Griffiths?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nathan Burns

25 54.35%
  • Ryan Griffiths

12 26.09%
  • Slobs

9 19.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Burns or Ryan Griffiths?

Joey Gibbs couldn't get into a wanderers squad that had kresinger

He is also a confessed gypo

we may as well have kept jesic.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    You mean JG is telling porkies? He did say "it's a little known fact that Gibbs was only signed as an injury replacement for Cooper. Was originally for the entire season but Cooper's rehab is well ahead of schedule. There is squad room to move Gibbs into the full roster though".
    Yep, JG misinformed!

Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC now
    Full squad member "@_Grimario: @NewcastleJetsFC is Joey Gibbs a full squad member or was he signed as injury replacement for Mitch Cooper?"

I'd go with Burns. Younger, quicker and seems to fit our style of play well at the moment.

Griffiths whilst a similar player, lacks penetration. Burns has more x-factor about him.

Assuming both would be after similar wages? (sif Griffiths is gonna take less coin).

Burns.

Playing ability aside, resigning Griffiths sends a really bad message to other players in the club.
    But with our current GM as if he'd give a shit about that.

If Bridges really is the good guy everyone claims him to be, why doesn't he terminate his contract so we have a squad spot & salary cap money free to sign someone who will be more use to us?
    OK

Burns.

While griff does score a few goes, I've always thought he was extremely overrated and lazy. seems to go missing for 90% of the game and has one or two plays of brilliance.

Burns on the other hand seems a really proactive player, although he hasn't converted his chances, he has created a lot of chances

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Out of interest did you watch the game at the venue or on the TV?
    At home with my Baby Girl. plenty of time watching replays and close ups of his massive ineptitude. As I said, I'm still fuming so my judgement is clouded. Plus I still hate that we signed him on Loan so anything he can do to help us evaporates come January 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    At home with my Baby Girl. plenty of time watching replays and close ups of his massive ineptitude. As I said, I'm still fuming so my judgement is clouded. Plus I still hate that we signed him on Loan so anything he can do to help us evaporates come January 14.
    It's a bit of a funny question, you would have to say both though.
    Burns looks like he is going to create plenty of goals for us this year but Ryan is a great finisher. Saying that if you had to pick one I would pick burns as we already have taggart playing and finishing like an even better griff!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

To everyone, but mostly the people saying both:

Can you post what your current squad, everyone fit, your choice of formation first XI assuming we had both Burns & Griffiths?
    OK

Can you post what your current squad, everyone fit, your choice of formation first XI assuming we had both Burns & Griffiths?
    Birraz
    Nev - Chapo - Aliens - Goodwin
    Hoole - Beard - Zad - Burns
    Tagz
    Heskey

Or something like that.

How I would see it working is:

Same back 4

Same mid 3

Griff-----Heskey-----Burns

Both wingers able to cut in on their stronger foot opening room for the overlapping fullback.

I said Burns BTW - but just answering your question.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 18-11-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Hoole > Griffiths when all factors are considered.

--------------BK
    Cheers - Reg - Aliens - That kid we signed formt eheart who was going to set the world on fire
    -------- Burbler --Zad -----
    RyuGriff-----------------Booourns
    ------------Tagz-------------
    ----------------Heskey

4-4-2
    ---------------Biraz------------------
    Neville---Jaliens---Chapman---Goodwin

Hoole---Brillante---Zadkovich---Burns

--------Taagart---Heskey-----------

Bench
    BK
    Kanta
    Pepper/gallaway
    Virgilli
    R Griff

imagine heskey giving us 60-70 mins at full pace than bringing on r griff to replace him. perfection
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Thinking about it myself, I'd leave the team exactly how it is (but put Goodwin at LB).

Although noticeably slower than before, Kanta has been absolute beast mode the last few weeks. He's been "ignored" by all/most lineups so far, but he's been unreal. I also wouldn't interrupt Brillante & Zad, as they've been immense at just running opposition midfields rampant.

I can't help but want to keep our current front three of Hoole, Taggz & Burns together. They seem to be improving each week. From Magic to now, Hoole has just blown me out of the water. Some of the turns/passes he's been doing have been absolute gems. And he's making really good runs. Plus him & Neville seem to be getting along really well, which I didn't pick up on with Neville/Virgili.

So I would go:

--------------------Biraz-------------------
    Neville---Chapman---Jaliens---Goodwin
    ------------------Kanta--------------------
    ---------Zad---------------Brillante-------
    Hoole-----------Taggart-----------Burns

Heskey looked beast mode when he came on. Imagine the luxury of bringing on a big, strong finisher in the 70th minute against a tired defence. Heskey rarely loses a header, but against a tired/weakened defence he's even less likely to lose one. If we're chasing the game and bring him on, we can "revert" to long pumps and hope.

In summary - I am still yet to find a place to put Griff even if we did sign him.
    OK

Would be a nice headache to have. Even more so if Goodwin could find form again.
    Imagine having Heskey, taggart, burns, r.griff, hoole and an in form Goodwin!
    I suppose it doesn't matter though, we have the right coach to **** it all up!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

The whole episode yesterday has nothing to do with Griffiths coming back to the Jets.
    He won't play 20 mins a game and he sure won't sign for peanuts.
    His mate Middleby set up that TV appearance so his agent can get on the phone this morning to the other 9 clubs going "ooooh I think he's going to sign for the Jets but if you offer me something now I might get him to change his mind".
    There's no room.
    There's no money.
    There's no need.

Good luck at Heart Ryan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    forgot about mitch cooper he is a classy act that hopefully has been scared of by this injuries.

honestly even if you only had him as a bench player/squad player. r griff can score goals when you need them and is a great penalty taker....burns

but burns is probably the most naturally gifted player we have had in our squad since vignaroli
    First of all there is no way in the ****ing world we should be looking to sign players to be bench players/squaddies. We have enough of them already Bridges/Mitchell/James Brown/Caravella etc.

If Ryan Griff isn't good enough to command a starting spot (and I have my doubts as to whether you could justify this with the emergence of Taggart/Hoole) we should not even bother asking him his wage requests.

As for bagging Burns about the penalty miss. Harsh call. Plenty of blokes miss them and to be perfectly fair I can't recall who the last Jets player was to actually miss one. (Anyone??). We have been on a pretty good run in recent years with converting them

If the thing had of been 8 inches lower and went in off the underside bar we would all be fapping today about how classy a piss take it was to blast it as as high as he did.

Slobs ftw.

Missed pens - Sash and Tarek were the most comedic.