Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

My idea (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/for...ative-committe) was answered in the jetsinsider email from the big boss man and I've noticed a spike in views to that thread... But we aren't allowed to discuss it over there so it doesn't get clogged up when (if) the club respond on he foz.

So, I thought I'd ask for feedback and ideas from anyone who cares to shout out their thoughts....

The wider the response the more chance this has of getting the clubs true attentions starting something worthwhile.

Thoughts?

At a higher level I think your proposed group representatives are diverse enough. It covers pretty much all bases. I also like that you have considered what other larger football clubs have done and what has been successful. The challenge will be pulling together and agreeing on the agenda of the committee - which is not something that should be overly difficult.

The club has been working hard to liaise and promote the Squadron, but this is engaging a small section of the crowd. By implementing your suggestion, the club could engage, potentially, a broader range of fans.

It seems a natural progression from the open style forums the club held earlier in the year, which should be continued as well.

Good initiative.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 22-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.

bump. if this supporters trust thing gets going I think an idea like this would be a decent idea for board

Issue is the supporters trust won't get going. People are not interested.
    Go jetties

If the livelihood of the club was at stake I bet you would find a lot more interested
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

That's the thing isn't it. Trouble is by then it is too late.

Ala fury.
    Go jetties

I think its a decent idea and would give us a clear supporter voice and clarity of whats happening inside the club - tick.

What we might be up against

1. supporter members may not know what the club really needs eg argue amongst their own ideas

2. why would the club want supporters to interfer with the "important stuff". their arms length PR is hitting attendance targets and they have listened somewhat, returned griff, supporter waya colours, got some experience in the squad

3. Will they bother wasting time to hold meetings.

Q.Does this group vote on player acquisition?
    Q.Does this group vote on how to spend funds on ground improvements, entertainment, when to play music, get proper priced catering, seating behind goals, ?

how much power would the group have?

Banned
    You blokes do realise many clubs around the world have this type of model and doesn't seem to hold them back??

Hello Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You blokes do realise many clubs around the world have this type of model and doesn't seem to hold them back??

Hello Barcelona
    And you do realise that Barca is over 100 years old and one of the most supported club in the world right?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    And you do realise that Barca is over 100 years old and one of the most supported club in the world right?
    Whether Barca is one of the best supported clubs in the world or has 100 years of tradition to me they are strengthening my argument

In light of the sheer numbers of members at Barca you would think there would be massively contrasting opinions with direction to go.

Regardless of these many ideologies they work it out make their decisions and all runs well.

We would only be looking to do it on a much smaller scale obviously

Take out any opinionated stuff about idiots in Newy with NFI and I am sure it could still be made to function in the manner it is meant to here.

Judging by the way things are now it can't be much worse

Anyone else get this email?

The Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce plans to establish a new Member Committee to increase communication and consultation between the Club and it’s Members.

The committee will allow our Members to provide input and their feedback on a range of issues regarding the Club and our Membership program through regular and constructive discussions with Club officials.

The Member Committee was one of the ideas discussed at the Club’s Members and supporters forum in lead up to the 2013/14 season.

The committee will be made up of 6 Members who will represent all of the major stakeholder groups amongst our Member base.

The group will act in a consultative manner providing a range of views from different segments and groups of the Club’s Member base.

The objectives of the committee are to:
    To enhance the relationship between the Club and it’s Members and providing our Members the opportunity to play a key role in helping achieve success
    To establish a direct communication forum that is structured, orderly and efficient
    To help the Club better understand issues that most affect and concern our Members
    The Club will engage with the Member Committee on a range of topics including:
    Active Support & Match Day Atmosphere
    Membership packages and entitlements
    Member communications
    Match Day experience and facilities
    Merchandise
    This forum will not discuss football related issues such as team performance or selection. We encourage all Members to apply for a position on the committee by emailing membership@newcastlejets.com.au by September 30 with your contact details and the reason for your application. Members will be required to attend a meeting 4 times per year (every quarter).

The minutes of each meeting will be published online. All Members will be able to propose discussion topics for future Member Committee meetings by emailing membership@newcastlejets.com.au or via Twitter @JetsSupport

The Club will announce the appointment of the Member Committee and the details of the first meeting before the first home match of the 2014/15 season.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

I reckon the meetings will consist of some type of ventriloquists puppet dressed in club colours automatically set to nod furiously every time someone talks.
    Then all suggestions will be put in the bin.

But I can be a bit cynical about these things.

Legit though, does anyone think the club will provide semi detailed financials so at least suggestions can be based on some sort of commercial reality rather than some knob going "DERRRR HOW ABOUT FREE BEER DERRR"?

Prob a waste of time asking for suggestions from people not armed with the relevant info.

ban this sick filth

Only way to see if it will work is test it..... And for the memenrs reps to take it seriously and insist the club do too.

The Club will engage with the Member Committee on a range of topics including:
    Active Support & Match Day Atmosphere
    Membership packages and entitlements
    Member communications
    Match Day experience and facilities
    Merchandise
    I'm tempted to be cynical because the above topics appear to sound like PR agenda items.

It's up to the club members to add real depth to the discussion. I hope you put your hand up for this Gaz.

I will be hauss.

This can work, but only if the club let it work, and the fan members demand it work.

If nothing else it's opening up communications..... Though I would argue people should be able to email the committee members to raise issues for discussion rather than the club..... The fans need to able to directly impact the agenda, and not have fans issues censored by the club before the meeting starts.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I will be hauss.

This can work, but only if the club let it work, and the fan members demand it work.

If nothing else it's opening up communications..... Though I would argue people should be able to email the committee members to raise issues for discussion rather than the club..... The fans need to able to directly impact the agenda, and not have fans issues censored by the club before the meeting starts.
    I don't believe it will work.

Same reason the "Honorary Board", the "Active Support Forum", and other club-relationship-supporters didn't work.

They don't care what you have to say. They want you to think they care what you have to say.

End of the day Baartz is on the payroll without telling anybody. MDT still controls the financials so can't care less if the supporters show up or not. And Tinkler could not care less about football.

I support your application for a position gav. I hope you prove me wrong. But its just another bullshit idea to make it look like the club cares, which really means they think they will make more money if they pretend they do. Probably an idea to sell more fence sponsorship and stop our banners.

#Fedup
    #asshole
    #Blackmac

p.s. going to email the club saying you should be accepted.
    Go jetties

We have Dani Potter to thank for getting the ball rolling on this stuff before she left.
    Gaz, can you forward that proposal you drafted to me please so I can get it to the Jets again please?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I will be hauss.

To an extent while the club has to want it to work, the quality of the fan who put themselves up for nomination, and their motives, also will play a huge part.

My only worry is how do you find people who represent everyone. OK, the squadron is the easy part and you guys in reality should be able to nominate a representative.

If it turns into a committee of 6 people representing only their own (and their immediate mates) self interest it will fail. There needs to be a mechanism whereby whoever steps up, can be contacted by the "major stakeholder group" they supposedly represent and actually provide relevant feedback. The club could do this by giving a page on the website with a short blurb about each person and how to contact them (club email perhaps, no need for a phone number?). Honestly, if a person who steps up isn't willing to be contactable by someone who wants to raise an issue, then they shouldn't be there as they don't represent anyone but themselves and anything they offer won't be representative of the wider cross section of the crowd and members.