Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Next meeting coming soon.
    Much of next meeting will focus on issues not discussed at the last due to time constraints.

Importantly the club have also allowed us to determine 3 agenda items.... That we need to submit prior to the meeting so that they can address them properly.

So, essentially the next meeting is 100% about fans issues.

If you'd like to flesh out some ideas not discussed on last agenda, or propose an issue for the inclusion as one of the three "new" issues sing out.

I'll summarise the issues not addressed..... Shortly.
    So will the fan issues not discussed last time be on the agenda first? if so when do new fan issues get discussed?
    Who decides which fan issues continually miss out on being discussed. is there a precedence of importance.
    How long till after the meeting can issues be discussed? or are there security checks on what info can be discussed?
    What happens to the issues that are never discussed but are still considered important?
    The issues that are fobbed off by management do these become unimportant?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    So will the fan issues not discussed last time be on the agenda first? if so when do new fan issues get discussed?
    Who decides which fan issues continually miss out on being discussed. is there a precedence of importance.
    How long till after the meeting can issues be discussed? or are there security checks on what info can be discussed?
    What happens to the issues that are never discussed but are still considered important?
    The issues that are fobbed off by management do these become unimportant?
    1. Not sure. As a committee we are planning to put to them the priority order of us discussed matters. The next meeting will be the first in which new issues from the fans have been guaranteed a spot on the agenda, (an important development) so where they fit on the agenda has yet to be seen.
    2. At this stage the chairperson. The last meeting was 2 and bit hours with MM understandably taking some time to introduce himself and answer questions. If not for this, all issues would have had time.
    3. Issues relating to the scope of the meeting were discussed first, after matters arising.
    4. No time limits have ever been set, no bag checks at the door. Both meetings have been open and we've never had "we can't/won't tell you", we have been asked to understand that at some point confidential matters may be discussed, and they are to remain confidential..... This hasn't happened yet...... Most likely in regards to sponsorship negotiations (I'm assuming)
    5. We keep raising them.
    6. No. See above.

Anything you'd like raised or fleshed out?
    Last edited by GazFish35; 11-04-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Anything you'd like raised or fleshed out?
    just a few.

Discussion of meeting takes place next day.

Trying to get the Jets in schools is my big one. Needs to be school visits, free tix & possibly gala days etc.

improving membership numbers is a retarded waste of time due to those two massive assholes in charge.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Trying to get the Jets in schools is my big one. Needs to be school visits, free tix & possibly gala days etc.
    I'm compiling a list of contacts to hand to the club, it's coming together .... Slowly.

Make players more accessible to media. In turn DEMAND players be more accessible to media, so that media WANTS to talk to them.

We always seem to accept that players from our major football codes seem to be given a pass for being condescending, belligerent and damn near uncooperative when dealing with the medium that connects them to the stakeholders (fans). Why accept that players are like that?

Club needs to look away from the footy codes and look more to sports like the V8 Supercars and pro surfing (esp the female surfers). Those 2 sports have by far the most engaging athletes in our country.

Media from all angles on the spectrum are always looking for more access to players. Take advantage of the demand, don't see a 3minute conversation with a radio guy as a chore, see it as a chance to sell yourself and your sport.

Players are getting bad advice cause for some reason when my kid talks to them at Dineaway ('sup Q-man) they are always cool and happy to chat yet act like mongs when talking to adults.

Get in their ear Benny Boy.

Oh, and legit **** that PA guy right off.

Banned
    I am dead serious here.

For the last few years we have enjoyed cut price Membership.
    As a result we have had large Membership Numbers

In the meantime we have had to endure cut price playing squads and cut price coaching and cut price administration

Can we pay a decent amount so we get
    Quality Players
    Quality Coaching
    Quality Administration

The status quo isn't working

I tend to agree. I'd pay more if it was going to help the club run more professionally.

But with those still in charge of the shower of shite, they would only waste any surplus

You up the membership by anything more than 10$ and we will only have 2,000 members next year

If we'd just won the comp you could but when we have had the season from hell, the price is something you can't touch imo
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    You up the membership by anything more than 10$ and we will only have 2,000 members next year

If we'd just won the comp you could but when we have had the season from hell, the price is something you can't touch imo
    I don't think the club give too much of a **** at what the members think/feel anyway

They are Moving Forward into next season with the Muppet at the helm regardless despite the reality it will cost them 5-6k of Members and in spite the howls of derision at the Muppet.

The entire salary cap is covered by the TV grant, no club has any excuse for not delivering a half decent squad. You could argue the extra revenue could be used for marquee players but it would need to be a hell of an increase. The only other area that could help the first team would be to get a good manager but hey Tinks has his man so it's not needed.

Perhaps management could focus on getting a legitimate major sponsor instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

I can't stress this enough for your guys next meeting but can we please scrap the PA

his job is to announce the squads and that's it.

Friday night was painful

it is not a knights game.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Amen to this. Sick of hearing him screeching on the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I can't stress this enough for your guys next meeting but can we please scrap the PA

his job is to announce the squads and that's it.
    And he is seemingly too ignorant to learn opposition players names when he does his one job. Can't even begin to figure out how to type the sounds he made whilst attempting to say Milos Dimitrijevic on Friday night. To his credit though, he nailed Vedran Janjetovic.
    OK

I will say I enjoyed when announcing "Goal, to Sydney FC" x4 he sounded as though someone had had eaten the last malteaser

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I will say I enjoyed when announcing "Goal, to Sydney FC" x4 he sounded as though someone had had eaten the last malteaser
    Probably a wanderers fan. He apparently does the announcing at their games too
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Think he's a professional ground announcer. Was in Melbourne on the weekend and he was on the pa at the mcg. Was also on the online newy sports show the other week

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Think he's a professional ground announcer. Was in Melbourne on the weekend and he was on the pa at the mcg. Was also on the online newy sports show the other week
    Can anyone shoot him?...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Next meeting coming soon.
    Much of next meeting will focus on issues not discussed at the last due to time constraints.

Importantly the club have also allowed us to determine 3 agenda items.... That we need to submit prior to the meeting so that they can address them properly.

So, essentially the next meeting is 100% about fans issues.

If you'd like to flesh out some ideas not discussed on last agenda, or propose an issue for the inclusion as one of the three "new" issues sing out.

I'll summarise the issues not addressed..... Shortly.

here are the five topics from last meeting marked in the publicly available minutes as to be carried over.
    https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws....tes2.03.15.pdf

1. Members of the sub-committee sit in a stand out the front of the stadium pre-game to become accessible to gain Members feedback
    2. Building on success of the Asian Cup, migrant population that exist in Newcastle for growing the Supporter base
    3. Grow an identity for Jet Man – Benny
    4. Competition through local junior leagues voted best and fairest
    5. Ground announcer fabricates atmosphere, crowd should grow organically

not sure what 4. is about - was submitted directly to the club by a fan.

Importantly we now get to set 3 agenda items from within the parameters of the sub-committee
    • Active Support & Match Day Atmosphere
    • Membership packages and entitlements
    • Member communications
    • Match Day experience and facilities
    • Merchandise

committee members are currently discussing what three issues we'd like added to the agenda.

Clearly the PA situation is already on the agenda as items carried over.

I'm hoping to ask for some improvements in the communication of Tinkler and Stubbin's "vision" and their plan to see it be realised - so that we might be able to see it and believe it, rather than "vision" simply becoming the new "moving forward"

anything else?

MFKS - cost of memberships to support strengthening the club has been noted.
    Plague - media training slash talking to adults training and access to media, also noted.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 23-04-2015 at 12:35 AM.