Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

But the crap music in the lead up to the game either needs to go, or be turned down.
    I was sitting in bay 5 lower seats and I swear the speakers were in the seat right behind me. Couldn't talk without shouting, headache before the game started. Maybe I'm showing my age but ffs it was LOUD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    the mc bloke just can't stop talking, honestly cut the music, and let the atmosphere look after itself.

i was in the ground for the whole hour before kickoff and it was terrible

this is why people only arrive 5 mins before kickoff.
    Not trying to have a pop here but if the fans actually kick off the singing an chanting etc say 15-20 mins before KO then we are then within our rights to tell the club to **** off as they are drowning out the atmosphere.

If the fans only start up at NTUA then the club can argue the case the MC bloke is a ledge etc

IE make the case compelling the club HAS TO stop the music/noise/shit etc from the PA

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    I was sitting in bay 5 lower seats and I swear the speakers were in the seat right behind me. Couldn't talk without shouting, headache before the game started. Maybe I'm showing my age but ffs it was LOUD
    My 7 year old was complaining about it, so there is another demographic that doesn't like it.

First meeting of the committee last night went really well. There was some excellent discussions and the club will be sending out meeting minutes in the near future. Topics that were discussed in the first meeting included:

* NTUA and the associated timing
    * Access to committee members
    * Involvement of the committee in major decisions impacting the club (within reason)
    * Enhancing the matchday experience
    * Increasing the interactions of the members with the squadron.

There were others, but I don't have the agenda in front of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    First meeting of the committee last night went really well. There was some excellent discussions and the club will be sending out meeting minutes in the near future. Topics that were discussed in the first meeting included:

* NTUA and the associated timing
    * Access to committee members
    * Involvement of the committee in major decisions impacting the club (within reason)
    * Enhancing the matchday experience
    * Increasing the interactions of the members with the squadron.

There were others, but I don't have the agenda in front of me.
    Can we ask who was there representing the club?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Can we ask who was there representing the club?
    Brooke Cousins - Membership Manager
    Mark Duffield Thomas - Marketing Manager
    Robbie Middleby (Partial) who left after 30 minutes but said he will be at future meetings.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

was gerard laws present?
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    was gerard laws present?
    No. Who is he?

jets media manager and is ex cove member

Good individual when it comes to all this stuff as he is a football fan first
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Ah right.

No he wasn't but it was a pretty full room. Doesn't exclude him from future meetings, however.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    I dont think we should need to coordinate this. Besides its too tricky with tv lineups.

We should sing it knowing the players are about to come then we can cheer them as they come out. O/S teams put their anthem on pregame no worries.
    Arguably the world's most famous "anthem" YNWA occurs after players have shaken hands, and the coin toss is going down, while they are all out there knocking the ball around and doing final preparations. Granted, the time between shaking hands and actual kick off is a little longer in the EPL, but finishing with NTUA just after kick off may not be such a bad thing.
    I think NTUA needs to happen when the players are out on the field. To have it's desired effect.

Crowd participation in NTUA was quite poor imo. How many seasons have we been singing it now? I don't necessarily know the answer on how to get more involved, or what has been attempted. Pamphlet drop, words on the big screen with montage. idk.

all these things were discussed in regards to NTUA and the club are now accutely aware of the desire from a cross section of fans for this to work. they want it to work too. its now amatter of the dialouge remaining open to get it to work. the timing, the PA use, the teams walk out etc etc were all discussed. I'm confident of it getting resolved - its a matter of fitting it in with other external demands - and this was not offered as an excuse, but a reality of the difficulty of getting it right.

needeless to say i think it will get better - big thing now is for everyone to keep singing it!

Are you able to post a minutes or summary of what was resolved from the meeting?

The jets will be doing that mate.

Was the committee able to agree upon a design, and source a supplier, for the pool yet?
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Was the committee able to agree upon a design, and source a supplier, for the pool yet?
    Complete Bullshit WLG the committee men on the foz have no experience at all in the field to make a decision

The committee men on the foz know perfectly well they are mere amateurs in relation to pools and know of just the man to talk to who is a foz regular and is a leading authority on all things pools whose sole opinion is all the would be needed to settle this all important issue.

On another note I seen from some photos on FB that the said authority scored big on the weekend .

Way to go said authority

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Steady on, he's not blue haven pools mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Complete Bullshit WLG the committee men on the foz have no experience at all in the field to make a decision

The committee men on the foz know perfectly well they are mere amateurs in relation to pools and know of just the man to talk to who is a foz regular and is a leading authority on all things pools whose sole opinion is all the would be needed to settle this all important issue.

On another note I seen from some photos on FB that the said authority scored big on the weekend .

Way to go said authority
    Give me some credit. I have pool in my username. SD PM's me all the time asking if he can take it off my hands

I am more interested in how many times MDT said "this doesn't leave this room"?

And how accurate these minutes will be to what was actually talked about.

And how it seems that it's a fairly superficial relationship, with the aim of producing positive press.
    Go jetties