Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I am more interested in how many times MDT said "this doesn't leave this room"?

And how accurate these minutes will be to what was actually talked about.

And how it seems that it's a fairly superficial relationship, with the aim of producing positive press.
    Didn't say it once

We'll tell you.

And it's too early to determine that
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Was the length of the terms for the fan reps discussed?

Not that I doubt the intentions of those currently on the panel, but fresh eyes etc.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Was the length of the terms for the fan reps discussed?

Not that I doubt the intentions of those currently on the panel, but fresh eyes etc.
    It's 2 years.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I am more interested in how many times MDT said "this doesn't leave this room"?

And how accurate these minutes will be to what was actually talked about.

And how it seems that it's a fairly superficial relationship, with the aim of producing positive press.
    You're about as positive as our for and against.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    You're about as positive as our for and against.
    It's our for and against that does it to me.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    It's 2 years.
    Thanks.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Robbie Middleby (Partial) who left after 30 minutes but said he will be at future meetings.
    You know..... nah just forget it.

And just to nit pick, why does the club call it a "sub-committee"?

A sub-committee is usually formed for a specific reason out of a more general committee. What is this larger committee that the sub-committee is part of?

Actually, let me guess the answer. It is not a "sub" of any committee, but the "sub" was put there (probably unconsciously) to pre-establish a diminished stature - as the club's initial aim was for it to focus mainly on merchandise and game day atmosphere, not anything important. In this thread it is rightly called a "Fan rep committee". Can I suggest that one of the points of the next meeting is for the club to fully recognise its status as a "committee"?
    Last edited by hausmann; 04-12-2014 at 12:38 PM.

ive added to my list of things. and its a good point

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Arguably the world's most famous "anthem" YNWA occurs after players have shaken hands, and the coin toss is going down, while they are all out there knocking the ball around and doing final preparations. Granted, the time between shaking hands and actual kick off is a little longer in the EPL, but finishing with NTUA just after kick off may not be such a bad thing.
    I think NTUA needs to happen when the players are out on the field. To have it's desired effect.

Crowd participation in NTUA was quite poor imo. How many seasons have we been singing it now? I don't necessarily know the answer on how to get more involved, or what has been attempted. Pamphlet drop, words on the big screen with montage. idk.
    We are fkd when it comes to mass participation. What is it with this self concious thing in newy.

however I think this is one tune to break open the voice. This and the new-car-sel chant. I never liked but times are tough.

Can the committee raise the fact that we aren't just 10 years old

Some really positive sounding stuff in that.

Banned
    Issue or Topic:

What are the Club’s core values? How are these core values communicated and built into the way we work?

Points of Discussion:

MDT summarised Club values as the following:

- Hard Work

- Respect

- Community

- Commitment

- Success

- Youth Development

MDT mentioned that these values are central to the type of people we want within the organisation, the type of football the Club aims to play and the type of players we want to develop.

MDT also mentioned that these values form part of the Club Identity that may change subject to a change of ownership.

SC suggested publishing these values on the Newcastle Jets website

Action Required:

Club to publish values on the Newcastle Jets website
    These ****s taking the piss or what??

Issue or Topic:

Further interaction for general Members to interact with Squadron on match days and ways for general Members to help grow the Squadron and increase general support and atmosphere

Points of Discussion:

Club explained the current initiatives that are in place to allow members to interact with and experience the Squadron:

• Active Support Forum held last year

• Active Support Page on Club Website

• Members have opportunity to exchange their ticket for a ticket in

• Bay 60 for one off matches

SC raised:

Having set chants that people are aware of, for example when the Jets score

• Having chants on the big screen

• Having the ground announcer to encourage people to make noise

• Having the short version of NTUA played after the players hand shake and to not have the ground announcer talk during the song

• Letting Squadron lead chanting while the team walks out

• Getting fans involved in the team announcement

• Creating fan clapper banners to be used in conjunction with some squadron chants and clapping during NTUA

Action Required:

The Club and Squadron has taken all these suggestions on board and is looking into implementing them on game days. Update to be provided at the next meeting
    NO NO NO
    People with Marketing Degrees have no ****ing idea about atmosphere

**** me.

More ground announcer is the last thing we need.
    Go jetties

Rather than jumping the gun......

Those three highlighted points were from other fans, not the club.

1st highlighted point. was in regards to using "c'mon newcastle" or "clap x9 JETS!" Used consistently when we have a corner, or a defending set piece....... Something we already do, or at least did.... But not everyone had realised this.

It was discussed, not decided on.

2nd highlighted point..... Was about getting the words to NTUA on the big screen, and maybe some of the sillier chants I. The big screen prior to kickoff..... In conjunction with no music or PA to drown out the noise form 60.

It was discussed, not decided on

3rd point ..... Was in regards to NTUA, being started similar to how Liverpool start ynwa, AND for the PA guy to encourage noise from different parts of the stadium, something WSW did very very well early on that has contributed to the culture of parra stadium of making noise.

It was discussed, not decided on.

It was also made very clear that the PA and volume of music etc was needing to be changed.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 06-12-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Banned
    Rather than worrying about me jumping the gun may be the communication aspect of the club needs looking at.

They post this on their website with the language used and it is no surprise one interprets it this way.

Maybe they need to communicate this in a bit more detail so I don't need someone on the fans committee to actually explain the stuff they have failed to elaborate on what it is actually pertaining to

It says, directly above the points you highlighted....
    SC raised......

It also states that SC = sub-committee

Without taking minutes verbatim, the points raised have been summarised reasonably well.

The elaboration and discussion held around each of these points in the meeting enabled the committee to get a clear message across to the club.

The meeting covered a great deal of ground and to expect a verbatim account of things said is unrealistic. There's 8 fans on the committee, three on here, you've better access than most other fans to get anything clarified.

It's ridiculous to expect any organisation to present minutes that are taken in such detail to eliminate mis-interpretation, especially when people in that meeting are ready and willing to elaborate and explain things.

But we can keep jumping the gun and assuming the worst and we'll keep wondering why the club haven't wanted to listen in the past. Reasonable communication involves both parties listening.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 06-12-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    It says, directly above the points you highlighted....

SC raised......

It also states that SC = sub-committee
    Ok I will pay that I misread that bit and didn't pick up on it being the SC and point out it still makes the SC look bad.

Having set chants that people are aware of, for example when the Jets score
    Having chants on the big screen
    Having the ground announcer to encourage people to make noise

Appear to be something the SC is in favour of due to the club's use of language and the fact that the resolution was not reached and communicated in the clubs statement

Last I looked these subjects have been brought up repeatedly on here and the consensus is we should be moving in the opposite direction otherwise we may as well get some giant sauce bottles a cannon and a brass band etc.

PS On another note Mr Fish can the club be asked to itemise the points raised by whish relevant member of the SC and not refer to it as SC but as the Intitial of the person in question??

Wish to see the credit to go to those who raise good initiatives

Makes the SC look bad?
    How? By representing fans from a cross section of the supporter base?

The three points you've highlighted were raised from members not on here, who were genuinely engaged in a discussion around getting greater atmosphere at games and more people making noise, they were suggestions put forward from their perspective and are as relevant and worthwhile as anyone's. Just because they've not been privy to discussions/debates on this forum doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard. Grant was able to explain what had been tried in the past and what hasn't and hasn't worked.... and from active support's viewpoint, the reasons why and members of the SC not already privy to these discussions got a better of idea of where we were coming from too.

and the action to be taken is minuted as "The Club and Squadron has taken all these suggestions on board and is looking into implementing them on game days. Update to be provided......"

Meaning they'll be discussed and at the good ones implemented if possible. They were issues raised by SC members, they were not a consensus.

and yes, to your PS..... I think the simple labelling of anything raised by a fan as SC needs to be clarified. I think it may have occurred due to the secretary having 7 new faces to listen to and is not yet entirely familiar with our names, face and voices and as the discussions moved quickly I've no doubt it would have been difficult to be exactly sure of who was saying what while typing the minutes!...... It think it's also worthwhile so that fans are able to see who on the committee is raising their issues and representing their concerns.

Out of interest which points raised did you wish to see credit given for?
    Last edited by GazFish35; 06-12-2014 at 03:19 PM.