Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    this is actually pretty disappointing. 3 weeks is way to long IMO, regardless of the staffing levels.

you guys should be from the next meeting begin to start putting in plans for you to distribute the minutes when you see fit or be allowed to hold them accountable publicly when they do not meet a deadline.

I would love to know the outcomes of the minutes as well as many other fans.

Also now that you have your own communication network it is hard for people to provide you with ideas, questions if no one knows what you have discussed.

There are some massive issues currently with the Fans, and the membership deadline for material i know is very close as they have to submit it prior to the season ending.

i understand that it is only the 2nd meeting and there is going to be difficulties on both fronts, but this is a pretty key period at the moment in our existence and this stuff is important.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I'm expecting they are published very shortly.

I'm going to raise this timeframe with relevant staff and while it's clearly a long turn around time and we can all jump on club about it being a demonstration of a lack of respect or lack of importance placed on the fans opinions.....

it's more importantly and more relevantly a clear demonstration of the lack of off field investment from the current owner. I've no doubt the people in the office are doing their best and that they are good people who are good at what they do, there's just not enough of them.

so precious aren't we. turned into a joke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'm expecting they are published very shortly.

I'm going to raise this timeframe with relevant staff and while it's clearly a long turn around time and we can all jump on club about it being a demonstration of a lack of respect or lack of importance placed on the fans opinions.....

it's more importantly and more relevantly a clear demonstration of the lack of off field investment from the current owner. I've no doubt the people in the office are doing their best and that they are good people who are good at what they do, there's just not enough of them.
    Lack of investment may be one thing. It also just shows the clubs issues in all their light.

A competent organisation would find the time to get this sorted in 3 weeks and would not keep shuffling it to the bottom of the to do list and paying lip service to their fans.

I find it offensive that you guys give up your time and effort for the cause as you feel passionately about the club and wish to see us succeed yet the club can't be arsed getting the minutes done. Just so disrespectful to you and the rest of the supporters.

Not surprised in the least but just not good enough

Get the little things right and the big things take care of themselves

the club may be short of numbers for paid staff, have they considered getting in interns to assist, get a journalist student or something similar for a few months at a time to get the experience in the industry and do jobs that don't require any actual qualifications, ie. typing up minutes.
    Last edited by ToddG NBUnited; 24-03-2015 at 11:23 PM.

why do they even need 3 weeks? minutes dont take that long to get out :P

or do they have the attitude to minutes that they produce them so can be read just before the next meeting attitude.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    why do they even need 3 weeks? minutes dont take that long to get out :P

or do they have the attitude to minutes that they produce them so can be read just before the next meeting attitude.
    The biggest issue with waiting so long to put minutes out is that they become less likely as time progresses to be an accurate representation of what was actually discussed.

As time goes on, details will get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The biggest issue with waiting so long to put minutes out is that they become less likely as time progresses to be an accurate representation of what was actually discussed.

As time goes on, details will get lost.
    exactly
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    the club may be short of numbers for paid staff, have they considered getting in interns to assist, get a journalist student or something similar for a few months at a time to get the experience in the industry and do jobs that don't require any actual qualifications, ie. typing up minutes.
    This was raised in the first meeting and the answer was yes.
    Perhaps those not getting paid, stopped volunteering when everyone else stopped getting paid.

I know you don't want to see it as a slight at the fans Gav, but in my opinion, and this is after last Friday I spoke to Brooke at length when picking stuff up from the club (I forgot about this issue, otherwise I would have raised it personally), it isn't the "easy" option to jump on the club for this.

Communication with your fans should be number 1
    Working out how many boxes you sell for the next home game should come second, or if there is another issue that relates to the fans, third, or fourth or fifth..

It's ok we are understaffed so let us do the corporate shit first, mixed with a little PR bullshit, instead of ensuring the one line of meaningful communication between club and fans on a range of issues remains meaningful!

If it is an easy option to bag the club for this, it's only cause they make it so easy.
    Go jetties

I agree with everyones sentiments, I'm as annoyed at this as anyone.
    We do however now have, in its infancy, a formal pathway of communicatation, one I dont belive we should take lightly, or erode by jumping up and down about this issue.
    I'll raise it, lodge our concerns and suggest a much tighter timeframe needs to occur.

But lets not make mountains out of mole hills.
    Some genuine good was achieved last meeting.

I agree with everyones sentiments, I'm as annoyed at this as anyone.
    We do however now have, in its infancy, a formal pathway of communicatation, one I dont belive we should take lightly, or erode by jumping up and down about this issue.
    I'll raise it, lodge our concerns and suggest a much tighter timeframe needs to occur.

But lets not make mountains out of mole hills.
    Some genuine good was achieved last meeting.
    these points wrap it up for me, in regards to the whole situation

we 'the fans' take this committee very seriously, the main question is how serious are the club going to take it.

this is not a good start, hopefully its just teething issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    457 visas?
    Or straight into the slave labour market?

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    these points wrap it up for me, in regards to the whole situation

we 'the fans' take this committee very seriously, the main question is how serious are the club going to take it.

this is not a good start, hopefully its just teething issues.
    Some of what was acheived at the last meeting has empowered the fans further IMO
    Some frank views were exchanged, some of which I've no doubt the club are now mulling over.

Kids on the field post game this Sunday.

A direct outcome of this idea being raised at the First meeting.

Kids on the field post game this Sunday.

A direct outcome of this idea being raised at the First meeting.
    Also players outside the ground a few weeks back. The continued focus on attractions out the front, the sorting out of NTUA, half time shoot out competitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So where did this 100 free active fans tix come from?

I haven't heard a word before.

Something the squadron committee had requested. Not fan committee related
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

http://membership.newcastlejets.com....-sub-committee

Finally published.
    Meetings now happening bi-monthly instead of quarterly.
    Fans can now set three agenda items outside of the scope of the meeting to be addressed.

Working with schools and teachers and getting players into schools more
    to get the younger generation interested in football and starting to attend
    games from an early age.
    Most important. Get the players to the schools and set up that gala day tourney. It will be a generational winner. spesh after all this current crap has subsided.

kids on field is good.

Club to publish bios and photos of sub-committee Members
    Why?