Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Most important. Get the players to the schools and set up that gala day tourney. It will be a generational winner. spesh after all this current crap has subsided.

kids on field is good.

Why?
    At a guess so if someone sees a member, they can approach them and discuss something? Remember that not everyone is on the foz.

And so people know who the members are that are trying to represent their views to the club.

the eight of us are a pretty good cross section of the supporter base, and other than us saying that we figured a short bio on us all and group photo might help fans/members see more value in this process.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 29-03-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    And so people know who the members are that are trying to represent their views to the club.

the eight of us are a pretty good cross section of the supporter base, and other than us saying that we figured a short bio on us all and group photo might help fans/members see more value in this process.
    Is there a FB page for fans (who are not on ere) to communicate? cbf looking

The club has set up the committee meetings as an "event" so fans can post concerns.

Jeterpool, Maria, Liam and I often approach people on Facebook to give them the chance to expand on their concerns.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1504495659828328/

We are hoping to have a greater presence out the front of the stadium on match days in some form.

Banned
    The kick around thing went off. Was about 2000 out there having the time of their lives.

Good work getting it done.
    Even strolled across the hallowed turf to take a short cut to the Tenzo

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The kick around thing went off. Was about 2000 out there having the time of their lives.

Cheers mate. Glad it was a success
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I get the feeling that the meeting without the club had a lot less BS than the meetings run by the club (just based on the minutes at least).

Any ideas on when the committee will become more independent? I noted that the attempt for the committee to become an actual 'committee' (rather than 'sub-committee' as the club likes to call you now) was shut down by the club, seemingly on the grounds that they want ultimate control of what is discussed, actions that are taken etc.
    Maybe it needs to gain a bit more legitimacy through exposure to the broader members, but I envisage that at some point the whole club control thing is going to wear thin as the committee will want to discuss a wider range of issues than scarves and hats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Wicked. Hope all the kids out there enjoyed it too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Cheers mate. Glad it was a success
    Saved me about 100m walk

Best thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I get the feeling that the meeting without the club had a lot less BS than the meetings run by the club (just based on the minutes at least).

Any ideas on when the committee will become more independent? I noted that the attempt for the committee to become an actual 'committee' (rather than 'sub-committee' as the club likes to call you now) was shut down by the club, seemingly on the grounds that they want ultimate control of what is discussed, actions that are taken etc.
    Maybe it needs to gain a bit more legitimacy through exposure to the broader members, but I envisage that at some point the whole club control thing is going to wear thin as the committee will want to discuss a wider range of issues than scarves and hats.
    Agreed. But we are taking small sustainable steps, and the formal relationship is still young.

There was discussion about the structure of the committee, and frank views exchanged about being more than a focus group whose purpose has to become far more than a market research exercise.

Good to hear.

Definitely thinking longer term here. I think it will take some more time until the broader membership base acknowledges it as their legitimate representative. Obviously if you were take those steps now you'd run the risk of being too obscure to do any good.

Way about it is definitely to get the name of the committee out there more, and it looks like you're taking the right steps in that direction with the bios + presence on match day. kutgw.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Are the minutes a true representation.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 30-03-2015 at 09:09 AM.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Yes. I believe they are. We didn't get through the entirety of the topics which were planned for discussion, hence some answers have been added post meeting.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Good to hear.

Definitely thinking longer term here. I think it will take some more time until the broader membership base acknowledges it as their legitimate representative. Obviously if you were take those steps now you'd run the risk of being too obscure to do any good.

Way about it is definitely to get the name of the committee out there more, and it looks like you're taking the right steps in that direction with the bios + presence on match day. kutgw.
    The presence on match days is something I really believe strongly in. I'm certainly willing to get there early and speak to people because at the moment all engagement is on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    They're an accurate summary.
    As Jeterpool said, there was a lot we didn't get to.
    Having the agreement now that the mebers on the committe can stipulate three items for discussion is a step to having fans issues answered and not carried over.

much of the time spent in early part of the meeting on March2 was Murphy introdcuing himself and answering questions, prior to the meeting commencing

Next meeting coming soon.
    Much of next meeting will focus on issues not discussed at the last due to time constraints.

Importantly the club have also allowed us to determine 3 agenda items.... That we need to submit prior to the meeting so that they can address them properly.

So, essentially the next meeting is 100% about fans issues.

If you'd like to flesh out some ideas not discussed on last agenda, or propose an issue for the inclusion as one of the three "new" issues sing out.

I'll summarise the issues not addressed..... Shortly.

For God sakes get rid of the ****ing PA

His job is to announce the squad and subs and that's it

And no more pre game music

Thanks guys
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

Thanks guys
    Can you also point out to them that the bloke on the mic was encouraging people to bring banners to the game pre game at the Pissant match.

I take what he said on board bring one to the game and for some reason were asking us to take it down??

WTF Can we get an explanation at this glaring inconsistency??

Can you also point out to them that the bloke on the mic was encouraging people to bring banners to the game pre game at the Pissant match.

I take what he said on board bring one to the game and for some reason were asking us to take it down??

WTF Can we get an explanation at this glaring inconsistency??
    Sounds like Twitter: You Twit how much you love them and how great they are and you get 50 Re-twit, you get on the big screen, FB........etc......... you name it. But you ask something they don't want to hear and they send you to Siberia.............
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

Thanks guys
    F&^%$#g get rid of the PA all together ......put the team on the screen, and pretty sure we can all read.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.