Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Who did they survey?

Some of the reasons for not changing that I have heard raised in the past were so stupid like I just got a shirt for my kid last year now I have to buy another one, it's nonsense, your​ kid doesn't have to get a new kit every time the team does.

The jets need their own identity, something they once had that was uniquely​ jets not only for the HAL but also Newcastle.

I still can't believe we have not taken back our identity that was stripped from the club under Tinkler's reign.

Nothing will change though, you could have every single member agree but it won't matter ledmans colours include the same red and blue shades as the knights, so that's that settled.
    It was one run by the FFA back when they owned us.

I agree and I will continue to push the club to do another survey and settle it once and for all. Make it clear what fans are voting on.

We've got a question along those lines lined up for today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The Member's Advisory Group had another meeting with the club last night, and GazFish and I brought up the ongoing discussion around the kit colours and the opportunity to vote.

In the past, the discussion has focussed around "the kits are locked in for this year, and there has been a vote in the past".

This time, I took the approach in the post I made a few weeks ago - primarily:
    • The discussion is not around what the colours in badge are - they haven't changed, and I haven't read any massive ground support to change these.
    • The point is around the PRIMARY kit colour which was changed from Gold to Red and Blue
    • Most importantly, the colours were changed by the owner without consultation from the fans.
    • The FFA, through Kyle Patterson, said "everything was on the table" regarding colours. Since then, CEO's have changed (Murphy - Eland - McKinna), owners were coming (Thompson) and came (Ledman). Irrespective, the fans have remained.
    • This discussion will continue to occur until it is addressed. We all suggested the club need to make take a direction on this - either stick with what we have and accept it or open it up to a member vote again.

Unfortunately, Lawrie is in China so the points were taken on board but the discussion held over to the next meeting. I'll make sure I am there again to take it up again.

Just an update for everyone. If I've got it wrong, happy to discuss.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Also we've asked the club to make everyone aware when these meetings are occurring so questions can be raised as well.

good work guys. appreciate the efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    good work guys. appreciate the efforts.
    thanks mate, all good. We will keep on pushing the issue to be recognised.

Yeah, awesome work fellas..

Banned
    How those Jet Shaped Hats coming along??

Seen some Jet Shoes the other day and i reckon it time the Gypo delivered the Hats if he cant deliver a decent football team or full strength beer as his hands are tied by other people

Its the least he can do

get a list of 200 who will buy one and we can pass it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...t1iq9q3x2gpcmt

Club is calling for EOI's to replace some advisory group members who are standing down.

The forum is full of folk who want to see the club improve - here's a chance be part of direct communication with key develop makers.

Stick your hand up!

I've spent the last 3 years on it an have enjoyed the time. The committee has been successful in more than the points in my quotes in the article. While not specifically attributed back to the committee, the things we have worked with the club on include:

• Kids on the field post game
    • Lobbying the club to reduce Sunday afternoon games
    • Consultation and improving the quality of member packs such as summer scarves, returning magnet fixture lists, double sided scarves, variety in kids packs
    • Installation of water dispensers in the stadium
    • Compensation for members affected by the reclassification of bays (Bay 51 and 58 issue)
    • Pre-purchasing of stadium parking
    • Member discounts at Stadium food outlets
    • The reintroduction of a match day program
    • Improved accessibility to the players by having those not in match day squad out the front.
    • Providing consultation and suggestions on the member loyalty program
    • Lobbying for fan-designed shirt competition.
    • Recommencing the fan and community forums.
    • Reciprocal ticket arrangement with Mariners (though we wanted all NSW teams).
    • Jet man identity, reinvigoration and the engagement with the kids.
    • Lobbying the club to consider the fan issues around primary kit colours
    • Regular feedback on the content in club released mail media.

lol..... you forgot season ticket parking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I've spent the last 3 years on it an have enjoyed the time. The committee has been successful in more than the points in my quotes in the article. While not specifically attributed back to the committee, the things we have worked with the club on include:

• Kids on the field post game
    • Lobbying the club to reduce Sunday afternoon games
    • Consultation and improving the quality of member packs such as summer scarves, returning magnet fixture lists, double sided scarves, variety in kids packs
    • Installation of water dispensers in the stadium
    • Compensation for members affected by the reclassification of bays (Bay 51 and 58 issue)
    • Pre-purchasing of stadium parking
    • Member discounts at Stadium food outlets
    • The reintroduction of a match day program
    • Improved accessibility to the players by having those not in match day squad out the front.
    • Providing consultation and suggestions on the member loyalty program
    • Lobbying for fan-designed shirt competition.
    • Recommencing the fan and community forums.
    • Reciprocal ticket arrangement with Mariners (though we wanted all NSW teams).
    • Jet man identity, reinvigoration and the engagement with the kids.
    • Lobbying the club to consider the fan issues around primary kit colours
    • Regular feedback on the content in club released mail media.
    Would look so much better if you had delivered on your no 1 task the delivery to the people of Jet Shaped Hats

All these other achievements will pale into insignificance when you deliver on that front

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Would look so much better if you had delivered on your no 1 task the delivery to the people of Jet Shaped Hats

All these other achievements will pale into insignificance when you deliver on that front

We got Lawrie to agree to do it if he was provided the names of 200 pople (or whatever it was). Clearly not enough users are into it (which I don't understand, personally).

Given Viva has an active online presence, maybe go direct to the source!

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    lol..... you forgot season ticket parking!
    Of course!

Hey all, Just a heads up I've stepped down from the Members Committee (Yes it is still going), and I'm unsure if any other Foz users are on the committee now - I don't think they are.

The Jets-shaped hats fight has another victim - I'll continue the push through the Podcast.

NExt committee is Thursday. Will update on outcomes once I have the minutes approved