Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was GVE right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Geez, talk about wishful thinking plague.
    They'll all be gone for free in January if Middleby gets his way.
    Touche
    Plague 0 Militia 1

GVE's sudden change of tactics worry me.

Not so much the change (we are winning), but why has he after 2 1/2 years ditched his system (remember he wasn't going to listen to pressure from the stands) that he was adamant was the only way to play football. The system he stuck with despite lack of results for over 2 seasons.

Now he is pretty much playing the way everyone (fans, Wehrman, etc) had been calling for and the results are coming.

Is the about face from a man who has had an epiphany, has he been told by the club, or is he just trying to save his career?

The squad is awesome, as it was last year. No issues there other than players having the confidence belted out of them. The tactics and structure have been the issue and his sudden about face on a number of facets of his coaching style worry me that he is doing what he can for a contract extension, then will just go back to his old philosophies.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

Not so much the change (we are winning), but why has he after 2 1/2 years ditched his system (remember he wasn't going to listen to pressure from the stands) that he was adamant was the only way to play football. The system he stuck with despite lack of results for over 2 seasons.

Now he is pretty much playing the way everyone (fans, Wehrman, etc) had been calling for and the results are coming.

Is the about face from a man who has had an epiphany, has he been told by the club, or is he just trying to save his career?

The squad is awesome, as it was last year. No issues there other than players having the confidence belted out of them. The tactics and structure have been the issue and his sudden about face on a number of facets of his coaching style worry me that he is doing what he can for a contract extension, then will just go back to his old philosophies.
    Just give him credit where credit is due, you idiot. He has admitted his mistake and we are winning now. Why focus on two years of him being shit? Stop looking at the past and just enjoy the present. GVE is completely free of any wrong doing now he has done the right thing. Just admit he has got it right now. Maybe in 2.5 years time, lol. JUST REALISE YOU ARE WRONG (mong).

These (paraphrased) nonsensical remarks brought to you by a bunch of knobs on twitter.

Yeah but I'm always looking at the positives, it's my nature.
    Some of you blokes are too hard on Middleby sometimes.

Banned

Watching the NYL team they are still playing the GVE way. Can't imagine the Emerging Jets changing their way either.

Hopefully the bloke has sussed it out right and has decided the HAL team play whatever is necessary to get results slowly working towards implementing the GVE way in full flight.

The yoof teams play the GVE way now and regardless of results to learn and develop it so in time we can just impose the GVE way on the first team exactly how it should have been done 2 years ago.

Just remember Barca took 25 years to develop their tikka takka

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Just give him credit where credit is due, you idiot. He has admitted his mistake and we are winning now. Why focus on two years of him being shit? Stop looking at the past and just enjoy the present. GVE is completely free of any wrong doing now he has done the right thing. Just admit he has got it right now. Maybe in 2.5 years time, lol. JUST REALISE YOU ARE WRONG (mong).

These (paraphrased) nonsensical remarks brought to you by a bunch of knobs on twitter.
    I don't think you missed anything.

On recruitment? Yes.

On tactics? It remains to be seen.

Doesn't want to go back to calling on tuck shops and corner stores flogg'n soft drinks and gumpy bars. If the club wants to keep him it should be a season at a time. If he doesn't like that deal he can well and truly fluck off.

robbies a northern cell for smurfs and al qaeda

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Watching the NYL team they are still playing the GVE way. Can't imagine the Emerging Jets changing their way either.

Hopefully the bloke has sussed it out right and has decided the HAL team play whatever is necessary to get results slowly working towards implementing the GVE way in full flight.

The yoof teams play the GVE way now and regardless of results to learn and develop it so in time we can just impose the GVE way on the first team exactly how it should have been done 2 years ago.

Just remember Barca took 25 years to develop their tikka takka
    Wow and to think I used to have you on ignore.

I knew I would agree with you if I waited long enough.

The jury is still out I reckon. Time will tell. It'll be interesting to revisit this thread in late January ... we'll know more by then. I've been a pretty harsh critic of GVE to date but have to give some credit for admitting to change .... something I didn't ever think he'd do.

I love GVE.

Buy the jetstream. It only has happy positive articles!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I love GVE.

Buy the jetstream. It only has happy positive articles!
    Only because I haven't submitted one yet...

Well hurry up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Well hurry up.
    Before Christmas.

It might be a little more mellow than I had planned originally.

A coaching philosophy for 2.5 years...then a new direction out of the blue...everythings sweet,why would you question ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis