Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 8 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets 30/11/13 k/off 745pm AEDST

Put Goodwin at left back accept the errors he will make and let him learn the role. He is still a kid and should be a work in progress. Any errors he makes will be compensated for by the stuff he could bring us in attack. Yeah, I know many of you will say that the A League isn't the place to learn but he will learn faster there than in the youth league and playing with Jaliens can only help

Those who say that the A-league isn't the place to learn think the a-league is more than it is.

I pay to see the likes of Kantarovski, Pepper, Goodwin, Brown, learn and make mistakes and when the occasional piece of brilliance comes when one of the 4 of them make it I can say I was there when they started.

**** the likes of bridges, heskey, burns. Can't give a shit about aging pensioners coming for one last pay check.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    **** the likes of bridges, heskey, burns. Can't give a shit about aging pensioners coming for one last pay check.
    25 year old pensioner??!! Must make him a coastie...

[QUOTE=longshot;55201]
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Reports from the youth game earlier in the day (courtesy of MFKS, Body) were that Goodwin was atrocious. By the sounds of it I can't see him being given a starting role any time soon, the kid is fxxxed.

From what me and my brother witnessed yesterday Goody had a great game at left back and was quite physical as well. So don't know where you guys are coming from. So I would say things are not what they seem right with GVE. Even Carravella cant get a minute on the park. Maybe these two said something to upset GVE. Goody should be the at left back personally as he is the only one that attacks on overlapping. Burns does some good stuff but will not pass the ball as he doesn't look up. Gallaway is ok at left back too. But Pepps is not a left back.
    Caravella has not been playing well this season, so I'm surprised that you're not happy that he's not playing. He basically cost us the first game vs Sydney.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Pretty poor game I thought, but I haven't watched the replay.

Had a chat to ljubo before the game. Nice guy, put up with me bailing him up for 5 minutes. he tipped sydney as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Those who say that the A-league isn't the place to learn think the a-league is more than it is.

I pay to see the likes of Kantarovski, Pepper, Goodwin, Brown, learn and make mistakes and when the occasional piece of brilliance comes when one of the 4 of them make it I can say I was there when they started.
    i'd rather take the cup

... What cup..

Brown....the Ian Baker Finch of football
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

on goodwin, i only saw 60 minutes of the youth game and in that time he looked like a lost individual who would only do something if given the ball, josh mitchell looked more interested than he did.

i agree his confidence is completely shot, we have 2 choices put him in the first team at LB and persist with him there or you turn him into a complete attacking player, we can't keep swapping him around on the park as its obviously meddling with his head.

i would put him at lb tbh as he is the only complete left footer in the team we have besides mitchell and i think GVE is set on having burns on the left to allow him to cut in.

if it doesn't work out for him i can see him at adelaide next year.
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Trip highlights:

- Blokes getting their cocks out in a show of solidarity to the absent Tobedog (unfortunately I didn't see this)
    - A well-known individual being taken out by furns with a flag to the face unlucky m8
    - Train carriage on the way home and Stereosonic chicks
    - Selfies with Hamsik on the train
    Hahaha ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    on goodwin, i only saw 60 minutes of the youth game and in that time he looked like a lost individual who would only do something if given the ball, josh mitchell looked more interested than he did.

i agree his confidence is completely shot, we have 2 choices put him in the first team at LB and persist with him there or you turn him into a complete attacking player, we can't keep swapping him around on the park as its obviously meddling with his head.

i would put him at lb tbh as he is the only complete left footer in the team we have besides mitchell and i think GVE is set on having burns on the left to allow him to cut in.

if it doesn't work out for him i can see him at adelaide next year.
    I was there for the full 90. First half he barely kept his position and was either back when he needed to be forward or forward when he needed to be back. Second half he did better with this but whether that was being under the coaches nose or something was said at Ht who knows.

His body language all game was poor. He had a free kick 3 mins in and put it over the bar. Nothing to stress about but his head dropped straight after it.

He made one run of note in the first half before flashing a shot wide where it looked like he was having a go. The rest of the time it was almost like he didn't care. Not the performance you want to see from a First team player in the Yoofs trying to give GVE a case for inclusion. Josh Mitchell on the other hand performed like a model pro and did his bit to help the kids out and done his chances of a first team recall no harm. (Still Shit in my eyes though)

On the basis of Goodwin's performance you could make a case Goodwin doesn't deserve a start in the Yoof next weekend and his spot would be better off going to a kid until he pulls his finger out and has a go

Told you guys we'd loose.