Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Connor mongo thread

hey bon, you catch yesterday's fights?

velasquez looks absolutely fearsome again. throwing spinning heels kicks like chun li ffs.

aldo looked great. absolutely great, so much so that i assume he must be back on the drugs. called out mcgregor at ringside - "you next, you next mother****er"

dc/silva was alright for what it was. silva landed a brutal liver kick late which rocked him a bit, but DC is just too strong. such a shame the jones fight didn't go ahead. good on silva the old dope monster, bit of cash for retirement.

hunt/lesnar was very average. lesnar lucky he didn't have to fight anyone with a decent ground game, he just kind of lay on hunto (after his admittedly very nice takedowns against a guy with great defence) and gave him some marshmallow taps. no hands. also lucky the division is pretty garbage at the moment. hunt, to his credit didn't get turtled and will probably take a bit out of it, being up against the biggest pure wrestler in the division. back in the rankings now so dunno what's next for him.

nunes. what a stud she is. i was fuming as i had her by knockout R1 which she came close to, then decided to choke tate out ffs. fuming. tate should book in for therapy immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    hey bon, you catch yesterday's fights?

velasquez looks absolutely fearsome again. throwing spinning heels kicks like chun li ffs.

aldo looked great. absolutely great, so much so that i assume he must be back on the drugs. called out mcgregor at ringside - "you next, you next mother****er"

dc/silva was alright for what it was. silva landed a brutal liver kick late which rocked him a bit, but DC is just too strong. such a shame the jones fight didn't go ahead. good on silva the old dope monster, bit of cash for retirement.

hunt/lesnar was very average. lesnar lucky he didn't have to fight anyone with a decent ground game, he just kind of lay on hunto (after his admittedly very nice takedowns against a guy with great defence) and gave him some marshmallow taps. no hands. also lucky the division is pretty garbage at the moment. hunt, to his credit didn't get turtled and will probably take a bit out of it, being up against the biggest pure wrestler in the division. back in the rankings now so dunno what's next for him.

nunes. what a stud she is. i was fuming as i had her by knockout R1 which she came close to, then decided to choke tate out ffs. fuming. tate should book in for therapy immediately.
    I only saw the prelims before having to head off to footers.. (They were all pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary)

Thanks for the main card explanations, I had made peace with the fact I couldn't watch it live and would probably (and did) get spoilers from logging in to Facey at any stage..
    I was hoping Hunt would destroy Lesnar, bit of a shame.. What was Tate's problem?
    I've seen pictures of McGregor there, watching Aldo/Edgar from the side.. I figured Aldo would go batshit and call him out if he got up, hahaha..
    I'm happy to hear that DC won.. Love that bloke..

Have the UFC ever considered a division for non juiced competitors ? Seriously, the drug testing they have is beyond a joke.

like all the other women's title fights post rousey, the challenger won because the champ is a one-trick pony. nunes stalked her, beat one takedown then just picked her off. her striking is probably the best bar JJ - not that it's a fair comparison but she was lethal last night. stalked tate and took her shots. maybe tate should have tried to stay out and let the fight go a bit longer and make nunes gas but who knows. she hits harder than anyone else, i'm a fan of nunes.

speaking of JJ her fight with gadelha was one of the best of the weekend. gadelha got the first 2 rounds then gassed and JJ came back into it.
    Last edited by q-money; 11-07-2016 at 01:30 PM.

like all the other women's title fights post rousey, the challenger won because the champ is a one-trick pony. nunes stalked her, beat one takedown then just picked her off. her striking is probably the best bar JJ - not that it's a fair comparison but she was lethal last night. stalked tate and took her shots.

speaking of JJ her fight with gadelha was one of the best of the weekend. gadelha got the first 2 rounds then gassed and JJ came back into it.
    Yeah i missed Joanna Jdjrkdkdkdkrkrkrkrkrkkhkjjkjkjkjk's fight the day before too.. Heard it was bloody brilliant though..
    Love her no-nonsense approach.. (Although I haven't seen much of this seasons Ultimate Fighter, not sure if she got heaps catty or not on the show, haha)

Press conference happened a few hours ago for this weekends UFC205..

hey Bon did you see the doo hoo choi v swanson fight?

my god what a war

hey Bon did you see the doo hoo choi v swanson fight?

my god what a war
    Nah I haven't seen it yet, but have heard it was one of the greatest ever?
    I'll have to look it up..

Will we get to see Holm and Nunes fight or will Nunes avoid her ?
    Holm has her weaknesses but I think she's the only one with the stand up to take it to Nunes - although age isn't on her side.

Rousey has absolutely no idea how to slip a punch. Her trainer should have his licence revoked for convincing her to stand up against Nunes. Fight should have been stopped much sooner as well. When you get hit four times flush and don't throw any back that's game over.

Bellator news, chael sonnen the original... top call... so good... already under the skin of ortiz

Should be a good fight.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Bellator news, chael sonnen the original... top call... so good... already under the skin of ortiz

Should be a good fight.
    I saw the video of him ragging on Jenna Jameson today.. hahaha..
    Sonnen all over it..

So, its finally happening..
    McGregor vs Mayweather.. August 26th..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yes I've often wondered who would win a boxing match between an undefeated professional boxer and someone who isn't.

Save your excitement for the GGG v Canelo fight a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Save your excitement for the GGG v Canelo fight a month later.
    Mouth watering both are scary as ****

Greatest Boxer of all time vs UFC fighter who's won a few and lost a few as well. I'll gladly take the $1.13 on offer by the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yes I've often wondered who would win a boxing match between an undefeated professional boxer and someone who isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Greatest Boxer of all time vs UFC fighter who's won a few and lost a few as well. I'll gladly take the $1.13 on offer by the bookies.
    Yeah, I agree with you both.. 49-0, compared to 23-3..
    I wonder about other factors in it though..
    Age? 40 to 28..
    The gloves? Is there a vast difference between the padding of being hit with MMA gloves compared to boxing gloves? (I would assume so, but never done it, so I've got no idea.. haha)
    Rules? Floyd's doing his normal thing, whereas McGregor will be having to hold back from his usual kicking/kneeing/wrastling..
    Mentality? McGregor is well known for smack talking and getting in the opponents head leading up to it..

To be honest, I have trouble watching boxing these days..
    After years and years of UFC, I just can't go back to the boxing, it seems so one dimensional and boring.. (Feel free to explain to me that I'm wrong, each to their own.. I'm sure it isn't boring.. It just doesn't do anything for me)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    May @ 2.64 for Points/decision thx for coming fellas
    OK

McGregor reminds me of Ibrahimovic. He has this likeable arrogance and one liners.
    The guy is gonn going to retire a very wealthy man.
    Didn't he say his next contract he signs with UFC, he wants part ownership?

Yeah, I agree with you both.. 49-0, compared to 23-3..
    I wonder about other factors in it though..
    Age? 40 to 28..
    The gloves? Is there a vast difference between the padding of being hit with MMA gloves compared to boxing gloves? (I would assume so, but never done it, so I've got no idea.. haha)
    Rules? Floyd's doing his normal thing, whereas McGregor will be having to hold back from his usual kicking/kneeing/wrastling..
    Mentality? McGregor is well known for smack talking and getting in the opponents head leading up to it..

To be honest, I have trouble watching boxing these days..
    After years and years of UFC, I just can't go back to the boxing, it seems so one dimensional and boring.. (Feel free to explain to me that I'm wrong, each to their own.. I'm sure it isn't boring.. It just doesn't do anything for me)
    Light gloves on a boxer equals knockouts. Once that hand speed is allowed to improve - and it always does with a light glove Boxers not known for their punching power soon will be. Floyd will knock this chump out very quickly with a light glove.

Connor McGregor couldn't knock the fat off a chop with his punches. We know this because MMA use 4oz gloves. And if you put 4oz gloves on boxers you wouldn't see any fights get past the first round.

What would concern me about this fight would be the possibility of someone using less padding in their glove - or indeed loading them up like Danny Green did against Jones a few years back.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-06-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Boxing gloves may seem very light if you are just carrying it around. But when they are actually worn on a match, every oz. adds up. They are actually quite heavy if you are required to hold your arms up for 12 rounds punching and protecting your chin. So I am pretty sure McGregor's camp knows how to compensate with the changes in terms of Glove weight. As per the fight itself, the only way for McGregor to win is to KO Mayweather out. There is no way he will win on points.
    Premier League web content manager who also manages sports odds updates and Sports news contributor. Also provides articles for various online lifestyle magazines.