Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Connor mongo thread

Quote Originally Posted by janesill View Post
    Boxing gloves may seem very light if you are just carrying it around. But when they are actually worn on a match, every oz. adds up. They are actually quite heavy if you are required to hold your arms up for 12 rounds punching and protecting your chin. So I am pretty sure McGregor's camp knows how to compensate with the changes in terms of Glove weight. As per the fight itself, the only way for McGregor to win is to KO Mayweather out. There is no way he will win on points.
    Agreed - and given that some of the best pound for pound fighters of all time have failed to get a clean hit on Mayweather it's hard to see McGregor being the first to knock him out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janesill View Post
    Boxing gloves may seem very light if you are just carrying it around. But when they are actually worn on a match, every oz. adds up. They are actually quite heavy if you are required to hold your arms up for 12 rounds punching and protecting your chin. So I am pretty sure McGregor's camp knows how to compensate with the changes in terms of Glove weight. As per the fight itself, the only way for McGregor to win is to KO Mayweather out. There is no way he will win on points.
    I don't think it will matter

McGregor isn't going to hold his hands up for 12 rounds to protect himself anyway

He just doesn't have the technical style to do so

He may put them up from time to time but his natural game isn't going to be to keep them up.as a boxer will do instinctively

Whilst those gloves are down you think a bloke with a jab that has bamboozled 49 other blokes some of them elite boxers is going to have much issue getting through a defence that be like Swiss Cheese??

I don't

I can see Floyd turning McGregor face in to mush by just smacking his left hand on it all night long with very little resistance other than the occasional big flurry

i originally thought this fight was the stupidest thing of all time but i'm actually getting keen for it tbh.

more pumped for ggg/canelo but this i reckon mcgregor might just be a crazy enough son of a bitch to pull it off. either way it will be a disgrace for the great sport of boxing and i for one cannot wait

If you just view it as entertainment you are gonna get your money's worth on the press conferences alone.

If you are looking for some sort of old time purity and the sweet science yeah skip this one and settle in for GGG V Canelo.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If you just view it as entertainment you are gonna get your money's worth on the press conferences alone.

If you are looking for some sort of old time purity and the sweet science yeah skip this one and settle in for GGG V Canelo.
    all the markets are trash as well, 4.75 mcgregor outright, 5.50 KO is not even close to getting me interested.

let the people sing

I can't see McGregor knocking May out. I can't see McGregor having the discipline and technique to win on points. I can't see McGregor giving up during the fight, at any point.

So May by points it is, for me.
    OK

Would love McGregor to win, just to hear his antics afterwards. It would greatly surpass anything he's done to date. Take the arrogance to the next level.
    Can't see it happening, but maybe, just maybe, he's willing to try and turn it into a 5 round matchup.
    That's probably his only shot. Come out swinging and pray he doesn't get hit.

The arrogance is coming out regardless. Dude is playing everyone and walking away with 9 figures.

He won't be losing anything.

Mayweather moves better, defends better, is faster, and he punches a lot harder than Mcgregor.
    Mcgregors only chacnce will be if his corner load his gloves, or the referee allows him a few low blows, rabbit punches, and the odd headbutt or blow to the back of the head.
    Regardless of the result this is all about hype and entertainment - and Mcgregor is very entertaining.

how good was bobby whitaker today, busted knee in round 1 and completely dominated the Soldier of Roids through the stretch. Feed him Bisping now

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how good was bobby whitaker today, busted knee in round 1 and completely dominated the Soldier of Roids through the stretch. Feed him Bisping now
    Watched it in a seedy underground bar in Manila.. Bloody awesome to see him get the win..
    Was a pretty massive card..

I made a lot of money. UFC round/finish betting is a piece of piss

Banned
    Jon Bones Jones

Still the GOAT

RIP dc

RIP dc
    Resurrected!
    Jon Jones just failed his drug test, AGAIN..
    DC reinstated as light heavyweight champ..

how dumb is this bloke ffs

how dumb is this bloke ffs
    I would say I'm surprised......
    But I'm not..

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Mayweather moves better, defends better, is faster, and he punches a lot harder than Mcgregor.
    Mcgregors only chacnce will be if his corner load his gloves, or the referee allows him a few low blows, rabbit punches, and the odd headbutt or blow to the back of the head.
    Regardless of the result this is all about hype and entertainment - and Mcgregor is very entertaining.
    q or Dunster, either of you guys putting any money on Sundays fight??
    Last time i checked, Floyd paying $1.27, Connor paying $4

negative.

little to no edge and i couldn't tip over a bin lately. will just happily watch the farce evolve while eating delicious ribs

will just happily watch the farce evolve while eating delicious ribs
    hang on a minute where is our invite to skip's
    OK