Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: UFC Connor mongo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    q or Dunster, either of you guys putting any money on Sundays fight??
    Last time i checked, Floyd paying $1.27, Connor paying $4
    It would be safer to step in the octagon with a UFC Heavyweight than follow my tips of late.

But $1.27 for Floyd would be like getting $5.00 on Winx at WFA over 1600m.

McGregor cannot beat Floyd at boxing. He will have to headbutt or break a limb in a clinch to injury Mayweather then maybe - McGregor can come over the top of a defenceless Mayweather.

But most likely scenario is that Mayweather knocks out Mcgregor - and very early as well. Because Mayweather hits plenty hard and from what I have seen McGregor is as slow as **** with very poor defence.

in mcgregor's defence, he did hit the master reset button on jose aldo, so he can throw them. whether he can eat them for 12 rounds is another question entirely.

different rings, different rules etc, but aldo was one of the baddest dudes on the planet, and mcgregor thoroughly got under his skin and blasted him out of his pluggers

can't believe i'm even entertaining this ffs

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    in mcgregor's defence, he did hit the master reset button on jose aldo, so he can throw them. whether he can eat them for 12 rounds is another question entirely.

different rings, different rules etc, but aldo was one of the baddest dudes on the planet, and mcgregor thoroughly got under his skin and blasted him out of his pluggers

can't believe i'm even entertaining this ffs
    It's just not going to happen. I mean Ricky Hatton at his best was basically the boxer Macgregor wishes he was and we all saw how that panned out. Mayweather caught Hatton with a check hook which sent Hatton face first into the turnbuckle padding - and it was pretty much game over for Hatton.

McGregor is nowhere near the skill of Hatton, nor does he have the speed, movement, power, or ability to take a punch either.

The $1.27 actually worries me because it's too good to be true.

i know, i feel stupid for even thinking about it.

we are all dumber for this fight existing.

please let GGG v canelo save this trash sport

Is Macgregor going to retire after this fight ? Because win lose or draw he's going to be pulling an Orson Welles for the rest of his life.

If I can't talk myself into it not being fixed I'll be taking anything over $1.25 on Floyd. Get in early though as there's going to be a lot of late money on Floyd as the 'public' gets behind Connor and bumps the prices.

There's still the nagging suspicion that there is a bigger con at hand though.

As q-man said, Connor can swing for the fences all he wants but he's gonna be kissing that jab all night and I don't care how 'light' people think Floyds punches are or how 'tough' Connor is, copping 12 rounds of that jab will destroy anyone.

Floyd on points at $3.50 is my preferred option.

Just came across my twitterface that multiple 7 figure bets on Floyd have been placed today.

Here comes the crunch boys.

Connor starting to gas out now - but he's definitely done himself proud - well beyond what people expected. Just a little one dimensional in that his combos are reliant upon power rather than luring Mayweather into bad areas.

Mayweather needs to be careful but McGregor doesn't seem to have as much fire in punches anymore - could be foxing... but unlikely.

TKO in 10th. No shame in that. Connor McGregor out up a lot better show than I expected him to - and even had the upperhand in early rounds.

UFC the big winners here and Boxing might have won this fight but the sports image is damaged when a first timer can come in against their best and hold his own for ten rounds.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-08-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Yehhh, gotta agree.
    Mayweather saying he was defending the reputation of boxing. Nahhhhh, it did alot more damage than good, imo.

McGregor was pooped and spent all his gas too early. He certainly could've rocked Mayweather with a few of those punches, but not enough power and accuracy in the end.
    Good spectacle. I know the ref has a duty of care, but, idk, could've let that go a touch longer imo. Would've ended soon after but, would've taken the questions out of it, would've taken away the "i was just tired, i get wobbly when im tired"

If boxing fans didn't already have enough reasons to hate Mayweather they have a few more now.

that was surprisingly decent. a great day had by all

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    that was surprisingly decent. a great day had by all
    Agreed. Connor McGregor won a lot of people over today as well I think. He genuinely tried to win the fight as a boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If boxing fans didn't already have enough reasons to hate Mayweather they have a few more now.
    I love boxing.
    I love Floyd.
    I love excellence.
    I love people who embrace their excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    May @ 2.64 for Points/decision thx for coming fellas
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Floyd on points at $3.50 is my preferred option.
    Plaguesey copying my bets yet again
    OK

Banned
    Fight looked rigged from start to finish really

Everyone involved got the desired result

McGregor didn't get embarassed
    Floyd kept his reputation and record intact
    They both got paid squillions
    So did their hangers on
    They put on enough of a show that Vince McMahon would be proud of the theatrics
    Neither got hurt
    People bought it as legitimate fight

Who said boxing isn't fixed??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Fight looked rigged from start to finish really

Everyone involved got the desired result

McGregor didn't get embarassed
    Floyd kept his reputation and record intact
    They both got paid squillions
    So did their hangers on
    They put on enough of a show that Vince McMahon would be proud of the theatrics
    Neither got hurt
    People bought it as legitimate fight

Who said boxing isn't fixed??

You forgot 'leave enough questions unanswered to make a rematch a po$$ibility'.

I'm already hearing blokes out there with 'well if Conor can improve his cardio he just might be a chance.....'

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Plaguesey copying my bets yet again
    Did you get any winners in KOTH yesterday?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You forgot 'leave enough questions unanswered to make a rematch a po$$ibility'.

I'm already hearing blokes out there with 'well if Conor can improve his cardio he just might be a chance.....'

Love it.
    I reckon you could find the top 100 boxers around McGregors weight available to fight him just to expose the flaws in his technique that a bloke of Mayweather's quality barely looked at trying out

A bloke of the technical skills of Mayweather should have no problem with McGregor

From round 3-4 onwards and he should have been dominant if this fight was fair dinkum

McGregors hands were dropping fast and he didn't have the instinct to keep them up

He also showed a penchant for quitting. The final flurry from Floyd wasn't exactly devestating but McGregor failed to fight back at all and just quit

Any self respecting boxer will have a field day with him

To be fair, if any of those 100 boxers took him on in UFC/MMA. I highly doubt they'd make it past round 1.
    He's a handy jack of all trades, master of none. But put in a decent showing against one of the best boxers in the history of the sport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    To be fair, if any of those 100 boxers took him on in UFC/MMA. I highly doubt they'd make it past round 1.
    He's a handy jack of all trades, master of none. But put in a decent showing against one of the best boxers in the history of the sport.
    Being you get to use feet knees elbows as well as hands plus the grappling of course a boxer is going to struggle in MMA