Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2958

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

The fact that potential transfers of these players can spark a debate is a step in the right direction for this club.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Agree to an degree. But we have no visa spots, doubt we'd have much cap space and there are very few if any other aussie marquee DM available
    Make Joel Aussie marquee to free up cap space.

Wilkshire signing with Feyenoord overnight complicates things a little as we will have competition now for Celeski from WSW.

Other options might be Jon McKain who is a free agent, or poaching a player from another club ala Jeronimo. Cameron Edwards or Rostyn Griffiths might look for other clubs with Zads preferred in the west.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Other options might be Jon McKain who is a free agent, or poaching a player from another club ala Jeronimo. Cameron Edwards or Rostyn Griffiths might look for other clubs with Zads preferred in the west.
    No Gypos Allowed

I would be happy with mckain, i reckon he would do a good job.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/24...uador/?cs=2439

THE Jets have not given up hope that star import Edson Montano will arrive in time to make his debut in next week’s round of the FFA Cup.

Montano, the 23-year-old Ecuadorean international striker, is still in his homeland awaiting a visa and his international transfer clearance, five weeks after the Jets announced his signing.

Newcastle play Perth Glory at Magic Park on Tuesday night in the new national knockout competition, a time frame that would suggest Montano is at long odds to be involved.

But Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby was optimistic Montano’s visa could be approved ‘‘any day’’ and Newcastle would then attempt to get him on the next flight.

‘‘We always knew that getting him a visa would be a long process, because he’s from a South American country,’’ Middleby said. ‘‘We would have hoped to have had him here for the game against Perth next week, and we’re still hopeful of that, because any day his visa could be approved.

‘‘We’re pushing it as much as we can. We’ve had a lot of correspondence with his club over there, Australian immigration and their immigration, and it could be any day that we get the approval.

‘‘If the approval was to come in the next couple of days, there’s still a chance [of him playing] because his ITC would be granted straight away.’’

While the Jets sweat on Montano’s arrival, they have ruled out an offer for former Brisbane midfielder Erik Paartalu, playing in Thailand for Muang Thong United.

Paartalu’s agent has told the Jets he will not be available until the January transfer window at the earliest, and Newcastle need to reinforce their midfield before the season kicks off in October.

‘‘He’s one of the players that we were interested in for the holding midfield role,’’ Middleby said. ‘‘But there are a number of options.

‘‘We always look at quite a few players for any position.’’

The Jets have lost holding midfielders Ruben Zadkovich, Josh Brillante and Zenon Caravella over the off-season and need a replacement to provide support for Ben Kantarovski.

The Jets received a boost yesterday when long-time sleeve sponsor NIB agreed to extend its deal another season.

‘‘NIB are an iconic brand, and a local company, so it’s fantastic to be associated with them again,’’ Middleby said. ‘‘We’re very excited about it.’’

Middleby said he had been assured the Jets’ new naming-rights sponsor, Castle Quarry Products, would retain a logo on the club’s playing strip for the full season.

CQP, one of myriad companies belonging to Jets owner Nathan Tinkler, faces an uncertain future.

The Newcastle Herald revealed last week that receivers had been appointed to sell the land that houses the Fullerton Cove sand mine.

‘‘They’re definitely our major sponsor and definitely on the jerseys for the full season,’’ Middleby said.

Middleby said he expected Newcastle’s players to wear the new jerseys against Perth on Tuesday night.

Members can order replica shirts, which are expected to be on sale in shops by the end of the month.

What is the significance of the bolded sentences Grimario?

The usual Jets 4-6 weeks for Hannah
    Confirmation Portaloo is no go
    Kits by end of month

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Kits by end of month
    Gee wouldn’t it be a bit of a silver lining if the visa does not come through and we then have a shiny new visa spot on the roster for that troublesome DM signing….
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Gee wouldn’t it be a bit of a silver lining if the visa does not come through and we then have a shiny new visa spot on the roster for that troublesome DM signing….
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Kits by end of month
    Who was the last bloke who it took ages to actually get playing as the inept management couldn't get a clearance for a couple of weeks????

Name is for some reason escaping me but you would think we would learn a lesson here soon enough

Was it not Ribero???
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Griff.

And Carney too, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Who was the last bloke who it took ages to actually get playing as the inept management couldn't get a clearance for a couple of weeks????

Name is for some reason escaping me but you would think we would learn a lesson here soon enough
    Wasn't it Zura? Or was it just his family?

Banned
    Was ****ing Lord Griffo

Just wanted someone else to mention it so we can all bask in the glow of our great CEO and his abilities

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Was ****ing Lord Griffo

Just wanted someone else to mention it so we can all bask in the glow of our great CEO and his abilities
    Oh........yeah. Long week member.

Better than a long, weak member.

Better than a long, weak member.

Unless things have changed I don't think Ecuador have an embassy in Australia. That is what makes getting clearances for Ecuadorian players and visas for their families so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Unless things have changed I don't think Ecuador have an embassy in Australia. That is what makes getting clearances for Ecuadorian players and visas for their families so difficult.
    Maybe Julian Assange could help with his contacts.
    I'M GULLIBLE!