Page 74 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2958

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Unrelated, but apparently Stubbs is considering having Pepper start at RB as opposed to Neville. Stubbins is apparently pretty high on him
    That's the benefit of someone new (Stubs) coming in and seeing things we "rusted-on" supporters might not see???
    We've suffered from similar line-ups / structures for so long that I think it starts to burn in to the brain a bit ... and it becomes hard to consider alternative with a fresh perspective.

I'm stoked with the new acquisitions. Despite the result from the FFA game on Tuesday, there was a lot to like about Steele and Jeronimo (to name a few).

Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Depends. One of the arms of Buildev was a plastic chair manufacturer so we got a good deal on them. If we still have Tinks, I say no.
    With some of our best players usually on the bench there's no reson why we havent already had these installed.

ffa wont let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Don't know what happened to them but am certain Con used to have them in the NSL days
    If I recall correctly, Con bought the ones used in to 2000 Olympics. Kind of blue metal with perspex, bus shelter esque things.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 07-08-2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: perspex, not perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    So do we actually have a spot remaining as per recent reports?
    I always thought it was only 1 and that's gone to Celeski. It'll only be if they've somehow moved Ox to a youth contract?

Even if that was the case doubt we'd have any cap left, apart from an aussie marquee (i.e Paartalu in Jan).
    We have 1 spot remaining but likely to have used all of our cap space left on Celevski. Paartalu backing out of his deal ended the chances of any trialists being signed with Nick Ward now trialling at SFC

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Playing 3 at the Back Come at Me

Birraz GK

Kew Taylor Madaschi CD

Hoole Goodwin WB

Celeski Florist Carney CM

Griffo Jeronimo CF
    Bhah.

BK.
    reegs.
    Jobe.
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    griff.

? = don't care.

Coach: Hawk.
    GM: plague.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

that team when fully cohesive will win football games.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

that team when fully cohesive will win football games.
    That's a great line-up playing 4-4-2 with a diamond.
    If we were to play 4-3-3 I would have Celeski playing the 6 and Steele the 8 with Flores the 10.
    Would bring in Goodwin for Hoole to play 11, Joel the 7 and Jeronimo the 9.
    Kew is our #1 CB so I think Reegz and Madaschi will fight it out for the 2nd spot.
    Reckon Kanta's best hope of getting into the side is at RB this season, should play him there if Neville is not fit....still better option than Pepper or Gallaway.

Kanta/Neville----Kew----Reegz/Madaschi------Carney

Celeski-----------------Steele

Flores

Griffo---------Jeronimo-----------Goodwin

Why is no one mentioning Virgilli in these starting lineups?
    Looks like you've all played into GVE's plan to successfully send him into obscurity. Well done.

Maybe because he is absolutely shit and has never done a thing of note in the A-League?

If Virgilli was given the same opportunities as say Tarek Elrich or Jason Hoffman he would be a regular starter. Both Hoffman and Elrich showed potential and to his credit GVE stuck with them even when many thought they may never make it as a-league regulars.

Virgilli on the other hand has been sporadically used and never really given an opportunity to grow into the role.

Some players thrive on being thrown into the deep end and others don't. However, the fast learners aren't always the best fit in the long term either as they can also tend to peak early and fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Why is no one mentioning Virgilli in these starting lineups?
    Looks like you've all played into GVE's plan to successfully send him into obscurity. Well done.
    Who would you leave out to make way for Virgili?
    I would say it is a "make-or-break" season for him, been in the set-up now for a few years but still really a squad or "fringe" player. Up to him now to impress the new coach and really make the most of the opportunities when he is given to play this season. I think his biggest downfall is his own belief in himself (maybe that is a result of being "nurtured" by GVE)....he is a decent enough footballer with some good qualities but needs to back himself more and just go for it.

Virgili came on last game and proceeded to continually get the ball taken off him with ease. he also made poor decisions and ignored open players inside him so he could try and go past the left back in front of him, who incidentally handled him with ease. Great player at npl level but just hasn't warranted a regular place in first grade yet and doubt he ever will. Agree with above, make or break season for him and happy to be proven wrong.

Banned
    The issue with Chili is it is all between his ears.

In the NYL he just puts his head down and goes forward and backs himself and as a result he carves it up.

In the HAL he seems plagued with doubt and won't back himself.The amount of time he gets the ball and turns back to his goal particularly when in a good position is ridiculous.

Against glory we had 3 on 4 and he had the ball 10 yards in from the sideline and 20 yards out from goal and a little bit of room from the fullback. Perfect time to put your foot down and have a go whilst you have bypassed the opponents midfield and see what happens.

No Chilli runs back towards his goal and 20 seconds later Taylor Regan has the ball and Perth have all 11 behind the ball

Thats where he is letting himself down

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Maybe because he is absolutely shit and has never done a thing of note in the A-League?
    Close, can beat a player but delivery is woeful.

IMO Chilli has had many opportunities to show that he is capable but all he shows is that he isn't up to HAL level. Makes the same runs with his head down and can't cross let alone look like scoring. I shudder every time his name is on the team sheet.

The only issue with Virgilli is he isn't given any game time. Pretty simple.

Ridiculous comments. GVE may be gone, but his mantra lives on in the many of you.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    If la bala just got his chance

Virgili is just as, or more, frustrating to watch than Henrique for the Roar. Griff in however many games he got to play at RM last season showed how amazingly unreal it is to have a player play RM that actually has confidence on the ball.

Apart from that run for Heskey's goal, which was admittedly brilliant, Virgili has shown SFA at senior level for a very long time. He's just a passenger when on the field IMO.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    The only issue with Virgilli is he isn't given any game time. Pretty simple.

Ridiculous comments. GVE may be gone, but his mantra lives on in the many of you.
    Last season, maybe. The year before, he played in all but TWO of the games, starting 11 and coming off the bench in 15. Did he do anything of note in those 25 games? Maybe one or two assists.

I won't be so forward as to call him a one trick pony because that is harsh on ponies who actually have one trick.