Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2958

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

[QUOTE=Raw Boned Youngster;109522]
    however, he is not up to this standard and reflects the Dudley psyche perfectly - any of our local players who have had the misfortune of playing Dudley over the years you will know what I mean.

Care to elaborate?.?.

however, he is not up to this standard and reflects the Dudley psyche perfectly - any of our local players who have had the misfortune of playing Dudley over the years you will know what I mean.

Please clarify this psyche ?

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

[QUOTE=Pierre Essers;109563]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post

Care to elaborate?.?.
    Aggression over football

Old dirty dudley hey... Come one everyone has heard that one!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    As a genuine question to Blackmac, militia and anyone who thought like they did on the whole picket line players etc - what are your thoughts on Taylor Regan accepting the captaincy, and the comments he made to go along with doing so?

Do you find it disrespectful of him to take the captaincy held by Jaliens and Griff? Is it wrong of him to say that we must move on?

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...w18rzlz0ltamtc
    As a continuation to this genuine question to Blackmac and militia and friends - TWG have written an article (http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...isis-torn-jets) saying that the captains armband was offered to Kanta and Caravella, but they turned it down due to respect for the axed players, and the two axed captains.

What are your thoughts on Taylor Regan accepting this, and how will you react tonight during the game?
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    As a continuation to this genuine question to Blackmac and militia and friends - TWG have written an article (http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...isis-torn-jets) saying that the captains armband was offered to Kanta and Caravella, but they turned it down due to respect for the axed players, and the two axed captains.

What are your thoughts on Taylor Regan accepting this, and how will you react tonight during the game?
    Taylor is just a bonafide Newy legend who is doing the honourable thing and stepping up in the clubs hour of need.

Someone has to take one for the team so to speak and Taylor is stepping up to not let the fans down.

Now WLG answer me a question. When will we see the Sheep Quiz Answers???

[QUOTE=Raw Boned Youngster;109578]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Essers View Post

Aggression over football
    Again...Care to Elaborate?.?.

[QUOTE=Pierre Essers;109591]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post

Again...Care to Elaborate?.?.
    Pierre, what are you doing with the formatting of these quotes pal?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Taylor is just a bonafide Newy legend who is doing the honourable thing and stepping up in the clubs hour of need.

Someone has to take one for the team so to speak and Taylor is stepping up to not let the fans down.
    So would it be the same situation if caravan took on captaincy? Would he be stepping up in the clubs hour of need? or would it be seen as disrespectful to the sacked players?

Blackmac&militia&co - my question seemingly also extends to BK and Pepper, as according to Regan they are taking turns at captaining the club.
    OK

[QUOTE=pv4;109593]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Essers View Post

Pierre, what are you doing with the formatting of these quotes pal?
    Wish I knew...will blame on the Chinese Phone.

Its a joke regan is captain. I hate the fact that a squadie can be the captain of the team. The fact gallagher and welsh were getting picked above this guy goes to show he is not a captain.

Sad thing is tho, that i beleive nev is probably the only one close to deserving the arm band.

end this madness Pierre!
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    So would it be the same situation if caravan took on captaincy? Would he be stepping up in the clubs hour of need? or would it be seen as disrespectful to the sacked players?
    I am led to believe Roundabout was one of the 3 who told Stubbins they would not play for him and were only playing for the fans.

Roundabout is allowed to run around in circles and stifle our attack all night with my blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    Its a joke regan is captain. I hate the fact that a squadie can be the captain of the team. The fact gallagher and welsh were getting picked above this guy goes to show he is not a captain.

Sad thing is tho, that i beleive nev is probably the only one close to deserving the arm band.
    Sorry when was Welsh & Gallagher ever getting selected infront of Regan as a CB in a back 4?? Gallagher hasn't played as a CB since rd 3/4 and Welsh played entirely in a back 3 or as a DM.

I personally don't beleive that Regan is overly talented, but when your team gets smashed 7-0 and 99% of the team play with 0 commitment and effort, Regan is exactly the type of player you select.

On the captaincy, wether he deserves it or not is another story, but like Joel Griffiths you could never question Regan's commitment. It's players like these I want to see play for the rest of the season, players that actually give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am led to believe Roundabout was one of the 3 who told Stubbins they would not play for him and were only playing for the fans.

Roundabout is allowed to run around in circles and stifle our attack all night with my blessing.
    Yes i know he was one of those players. But hypothetically if he wasn't, would you be saying he has stood up for the lads and the fans or would you be blasting him?
    Lets say BK was captain instead, is he standing up for newy or disrespectful?

Agree about playing players that actually give a shit and giving their all FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. This seasons gone. Different story for next year, still need players that give a shit but they actually gotta have some quality too. I.e. not giving virgili another contract/playing just because he gives a shit!!
    The last time when brisbane played us here, I dont think anyone gave a shit that game!! It was painful to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Why though? We have shipped 86 billion goals and Gallagher and Welsh have clearly been shown as ahead of him in the line up. He hasn't even made the bench since early November. Why wouldn't we assume that WitchesHat Welsh and WitchesHat Gallagher were in line for starting berths?
    Gallagher was dropped as a CB in round 3/4 and has never played there since. Welsh I don't think has ever played as a CB in a back 4, maybe one game.

When you are humiliated 7-0 there is clearly deep rooted problems in the team. Constantly 2nd to the ball and lacking any sort of commitment. You can change the positions, players, formations but none will matter unless the team are willing to put in and push harder than the opposition.

Paired with Mullen, it's probably the first time in years we have had 2 fit mobile CB's.

Madaschi and Kew deserved to get dropped regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Agree about playing players that actually give a shit and giving their all FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. This seasons gone. Different story for next year, still need players that give a shit but they actually gotta have some quality too. I.e. not giving virgili another contract/playing just because he gives a shit!!
    The last time when brisbane played us here, I dont think anyone gave a shit that game!! It was painful to watch
    Interesting fact - Taylor Regan played in that Brisbane game.
    OK