Page 28 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Club confirmed James Brown released too
    Can we retain his glasses?

I agree with releasing all three. Mitchell was okay this last half of the season but that's about it. Do we want to improve?
    There is no proof that we have lost chapman yet, so keep your powder dry. I hope we keep him.

The loss of Jurman is being mourned by Smurfs fans on 442. That is a good sign. Again, no confirmation on this either.

Conjecture and rumors FTW!

Club confirmed Joey Gibbs & James Brown released too
    Centrelink United ?

Brown will get picked up easily, someone will take him on the cheap petratos-style and he'll do alright

I was one of Mitchell's biggest fans this season, and I feel like his only fan last season. I always saw it as gves shit system that made him look bad. Which may not be wrong, as he really excelled under zane.

I'll miss him. A local who gave his 100% for the shirt. Thanks, Josh.

You weren't alone. I thought he did more than enough to warrant new contract, if only for another 12 months to see what happened working with Stubbins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Brown will get picked up easily, someone will take him on the cheap petratos-style and he'll do alright
    Yep watch him start destroying the league, scoring bombs from everywhere!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    You weren't alone. I thought he did more than enough to warrant new contract, if only for another 12 months to see what happened working with Stubbins.
    I was a critic, particulalry in his first season with us. I tend to think Parksey is on the money and that it was the system not suiting him. But his performances were much better later in the year.

I honestly thought he'd get re-signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I was a critic, particulalry in his first season with us. I tend to think pv4 is on the money and that it was the system not suiting him. But his performances were much better later in the year.

I honestly thought he'd get re-signed.
    FTFY m8
    OK

FTFY m8
    my bad.

Herald reporting this morning via Middleby that Jurman has not signed....again some of you lot take rumours for granted and get worked up.

I really feel for Brown as he is a genuine talent - I honestly can see him coming back in a year or two for Adelaide or Brisbane and destroying us.

Mitchell was crap for us for more than a season and a half. Was getting bagged by alot of people. I admit he was solid for the last few game of the season but we cant settle for mediocrity. Its the same with players like pepper,virgilli and galloway, they're average most of the time have a few good games a season and sign them again for another 2 years! Its ridiculous.

I don't care if they cut players as long they aren't replaced with mediocre recruits.

I'd like to know why the club seems to have no Scouting Network at all. I mean overseas and within Aus. They seem to expect good players to come asking the club for a contract and the youth system to produce quality players every year. I know this isn't FIFA 14 but surely we should be able to find some information on players in other Asian leagues and such. Or even keeping tabs on young Aussies who try to make it overseas.
    Instead of picking up whoever is off contract that year to plug gaps in your team, maybe we need to work out what sort of player we actually want and then actively find them. Hunt them down and find players who really want to move here and aren't just looking for a couple more years of football.

I am with everyone on the "don't care if they cut players" bit. Brown and Gibbs didn't show anywhere near enough in their time here to be extended and Mitchell only showed patches of it. The problem is that the potential replacement that half a dozen media outlets are talking about screams mediocrity and doesn't come with ANY of the good things that Mitchell has about him.

If we announce the signing tomorrow of Devere/Madaschi/Wright/Lowry... hell, even Thwaite or an unknown quantity from a state league side... as his replacement, consider me enthused. If we announce Jurman/Gerhardt/any number of other mediocre A-League contract terminations, consider me well and truly bemused.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    If we announce the signing tomorrow of Devere/Madaschi/Wright/Lowry... hell, even Thwaite or an unknown quantity from a state league side... as his replacement, consider me enthused. If we announce Jurman/Gerhardt/any number of other mediocre A-League contract terminations, consider me well and truly bemused.
    Word is that we are looking to sign Warren from Sydney too..
    Word being what I just made up in my head cause I couldn't think of a worse defensive signing..

That guy has had to reimburse every pro club he's played with for being utterly shite.

we'll probably go for Contreras as international marquee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Word being what I just made up in my head cause I couldn't think of a worse defensive signing..

I nearly spat my drink out you bastard

Banned
    Should be an intriguing battle with Gallaway to see whom is actually the weakest link

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't care if they cut players as long they aren't replaced with mediocre recruits.

I'd like to know why the club seems to have no Scouting Network at all. I mean overseas and within Aus. They seem to expect good players to come asking the club for a contract and the youth system to produce quality players every year. I know this isn't FIFA 14 but surely we should be able to find some information on players in other Asian leagues and such. Or even keeping tabs on young Aussies who try to make it overseas.
    Instead of picking up whoever is off contract that year to plug gaps in your team, maybe we need to work out what sort of player we actually want and then actively find them. Hunt them down and find players who really want to move here and aren't just looking for a couple more years of football.
    How do you entice these players over here, though? They earn 3x + more money in Asia/Europe. We're not in a major city. We're not the biggest & most successful club in the country. We don't have ACL to entice players (see: Kim & to a lesser extent Bosnar going to CCM). There's not a lot going on for us to actually attract players.
    OK