Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 2,941 to 2,958 of 2958

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I still think virgili will be one of the saddest stories if he doesn't make it as HAL player

so much potential yet to be realised

if he goes back to the NPL i expect him to score 20+ goals and be the best player in the league by far.

I still think he deserves one more chance.

He is also one of most genuine and nicest blokes i know (not that it should count for anything)

i would not retain burgess or cooper. Lundy can cover both but i assume both will stay and they will cull lundy.
    Virgili has done two good things and only two as an A-league player: That pass to Heskey V Scums, and that goal he scored from that wonderful pass from the Florist in trial game V NIX......not good enough........No contract.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seriously why are we ****ing around with the prospect of keeping any of our off contract players??

We came stone motherless last and need a complete ****ing overhaul

Other than the Serb and Cowburn being a young local the rest of them need to ****ing go.

Muppet needs to back himself to find better. If he can't then he should quit

Will be pretty pissed if any of these off contract players other than the Serb or Cowburn get another contract. Now is not the time to be making decision on sentiment. Ruthless precision is needed.
    100% agree. Id also sign max burgess. Only downer is that kanta and peps still had one more year on their contract

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    100% agree. Id also sign max burgess. Only downer is that kanta and peps still had one more year on their contract
    Muppet should also be working with Sr8Shooter Murphy and going through our list of contracted players also and looking to shift a few out as well if he can.

Then again haven't been able to get rid of Carney in 4 months so don't hold your breath

Seriously why are we ****ing around with the prospect of keeping any of our off contract players??

We came stone motherless last and need a complete ****ing overhaul

Other than the Serb and Cowburn being a young local the rest of them need to ****ing go.

Muppet needs to back himself to find better. If he can't then he should quit

Will be pretty pissed if any of these off contract players other than the Serb or Cowburn get another contract. Now is not the time to be making decision on sentiment. Ruthless precision is needed.
    When you look at the top four sides and the quality they have and then you look at the remnants of our squad, I have to say I agree with you Member.

Alivodic has consistently got better with each week and has the end product that we need i.e scores and creates goals.

Cowburn has shown with limited game time that he is up to this level and has been a very consistent performer in the Youth team for 2 years so he deserves to be rewarded with a senior contract.

Maybe Reegz should be kept but when you think that he has been around for what 4-5 seasons now, has he really developed into the player he should have by now and cemented one of the CB spots?

Yeah we may as well get rid of the rest of the off-contract players.....a precedent was set back in January so might as well go the whole hog and have a total clean-out!

I think Travis Cooper has shown glimpses of being a quality attacking player. He made some great runs in behind the defense against Roar and that cushioned header for Montano was great. He similar to Pavicevic but probably has more pace but less strength. No idea about either of their finishing ability which is the important factor but i think we should keep them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I still haven't watched the Roar game but everything I've seen and heard about Travis (I'm going to call him Travis, and leave Cooper for Mitch Cooper, to avoid confusion) is that he is terrible. I'd hate for us to fall into our usual trap of giving useless players contracts on the basis of one good moment they did in a game.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I still haven't watched the Roar game but everything I've seen and heard about Travis (I'm going to call him Travis, and leave Cooper for Mitch Cooper, to avoid confusion) is that he is terrible. I'd hate for us to fall into our usual trap of giving useless players contracts on the basis of one good moment they did in a game.
    100% agree. But i reckon he might have a bit of a football brain on his shoulders, instead of running for the sake of running he seemed to be making intelligent movement. We've lacked that in recent years. Heskey knew where to run but didn't have the legs. Taggart knew what he was doing and even with not great service managed to put 16 or so away. If we revert to a 3-5-2 i think Travis could be apart of that top 2.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Muppet should also be working with Sr8Shooter Murphy and going through our list of contracted players also and looking to shift a few out as well if he can.

Then again haven't been able to get rid of Carney in 4 months so don't hold your breath
    Carney may have difficulty in attracting another employer until he can clear a few matters not related to the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    instead of running for the sake of running he seemed to be making intelligent movement.
    Smart Engines.

cc: GVE

So is Carney still getting paid $4-5k a week to run laps? I'm not sure if i'm impressed by how well he has done for himself or angry at him for not just taking his pittance and try to resurrect his career elsewhere?

Do you think Murphy will forget about him and we will lose all 10 of our competition points next season after we somehow breach the salary cap with 12 senior players and 10 youth players?

So Birraz played his first game in Italy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

100% agree. But i reckon he might have a bit of a football brain on his shoulders, instead of running for the sake of running he seemed to be making intelligent movement. We've lacked that in recent years. Heskey knew where to run but didn't have the legs. Taggart knew what he was doing and even with not great service managed to put 16 or so away. If we revert to a 3-5-2 i think Travis could be apart of that top 2.
    Layoff the bongs bro, he's muck.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    lel sounds exactly the same as his time here

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Did he dive when he let the goal in?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Did he dive when he let the goal in?
    "No man's land" seems to indicate the trademark - "Keeeeep......nooo.....arrrr s***!!!" Birraz indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    "No man's land" seems to indicate the trademark - "Keeeeep......nooo.....arrrr s***!!!" Birraz indecision.
    Could also mean he was playing in the womens' team

So is Carney still getting paid $4-5k a week to run laps? I'm not sure if i'm impressed by how well he has done for himself or angry at him for not just taking his pittance and try to resurrect his career elsewhere?

Do you think Murphy will forget about him and we will lose all 10 of our competition points next season after we somehow breach the salary cap with 12 senior players and 10 youth players?

we will finish the season with minus points, we wont make 10 competion points next season.

Last edited by GazFish35; 28-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.