Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2012 Zone Premier League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    reports are that Cooks Hill v Swansea ended 1-1

If so Cooks Hill are through to the grand final

Result correct.
    Yellow cards: Swansea 5 Cooks Hill 1.
    Red cards: Swansea 1 Cooks Hill 0
    A dude already on yellow got a straight red... Another Swansea player claimed 2 yellows of that 5.
    Just going off the team sheet copies. I wasn't there.

Res: C/Hill 0 Dudley 2. Dudley through v W/Bay

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    so does this mean all Cooks Hill Players will be available for the GF?

what about Warners Bay? any players suspended by this two yellows and you're out in the finals rule?

From what I have seen during this season, both Warners Bay (especially) and Cooks Hill have not entered into banter as far as the players are concerned. I think we have the GF dream match as far as Zpl 1st gde is concerned. WB deserve to be the favourites and a decent pitch with two teams who play good football will be a winner regardless of who wins. A Cooks Hill side aiming for three consecutive GF wins V the standout team in their first year at ZPL level with a star studded lineup. Is WB unbeatable as some say? Im sure other people would have their own opinions and thoughts as deserved.

I defiantly don't think WB are unbeatable, but if they play anywhere near their potential then Cooks Hill will need to be at their absolute best to challenge the premiers. Although Cooks Hill got past Swansea last weekend in a game they mostly dominated, they required a late winner (against a 10 man swans) to get the job done. During the season WB have held the ball strongly and dominated many encounters, however they have also proved that when squeezed (like New Lambton attempted in the 1st leg of the semis) they are also ruthless on the counter. If the right Cooks Hill teams turns up to play this should be a belter of a contest. Interestingly, WB reserves also play in the GF, and if they are able to get past a strong and organised dudley outfit it may provided the lift in the sheds for their firsts team and put the club on course for a memorable day.

WB were far good for for Swansea over two leg (8-3 on aggregate). However their performance last weekend left much to be desired and conceding two soft goals may provide some angst for what has been the dominate team over the course of the season. Dudley on the other hand easily accounted for Cooks Hill (4-0 on aggregate) and although Cooks Hill had numerous chances to get on the score board last weekend, dudley will take plenty of confidence into the decider on the back of 2 post season clean sheets.

under 23's see the interesting situation of the 3rd and 4th place teams battling out the seasons decider. Uni scrapped past Cooks Hill in a very competitive encounter (2-1 on aggregate) however they seemed to clearly outplayed the premiers and deserve their place in the GF. In the other semi final NL took care of Warners Bay in another excellent encounter (3-2 on aggregate). This game went right down to the wire with a red card to the NL keeper (for a brain snap) almost costing the NL team. However they hung on and will face uni in an interesting encounter. It will be interesting to see if the the NL Goal keepers absence will cost them this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I defiantly don't think WB are unbeatable, but if they play anywhere near their potential then Cooks Hill will need to be at their absolute best to challenge the premiers. Although Cooks Hill got past Swansea last weekend in a game they mostly dominated, they required a late winner (against a 10 man swans) to get the job done.
    No need to be defiant but well summed up.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    No need to be defiant but well summed up.
    There's so many defiant people on here lately.

warners at the bay > cooks on the hill....hawk an all
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

heard wbay might not be going up. Any truth to this 3rd hand whisper?

heard wbay might not be going up. Any truth to this 3rd hand whisper?
    I've heard there will be no changes to NEWFM league which I feel is wrong but with the way the Federation stuffs football in NNSW anything is possible.
    One day we may have relegation pronation from State League through ZL3

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    I've heard there will be no changes to NEWFM league which I feel is wrong but with the way the Federation stuffs football in NNSW anything is possible.
    One day we may have relegation pronation from State League through ZL3
    Cookers 1-0 ht

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Cooks Hill win 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    warners at the bay > cooks on the hill....hawk an all

I must of been pissed don't remember posting this. Anyway went to the game and cooks hill were def the better side. I heard the same thing today that noone is going to be promoted from zpl or relegated from newfm
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I must of been pissed don't remember posting this. Anyway went to the game and cooks hill were def the better side. I heard the same thing today that noone is going to be promoted from zpl or relegated from newfm
    What I'm more interested in is what happens at the other end of the table.
    It will be interesting to see what decision Sir Topham Hatt makes in regards to Morisset and Barnsley.

On another note: A great afters party was had by both clubs late last night/this morning at Pests (aka Wests)
    after both respective watering holes shut shop early on a Sunday night.
    As I left Pests the last thing I saw was the Bay boys toasting their Minor Premiership(s) and Club Championship.
    A commendable season. Congratulations to the Bay on your 1st year up in ZPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    What I'm more interested in is what happens at the other end of the table.
    It will be interesting to see what decision Sir Topham Hatt makes in regards to Morisset and Barnsley.
    IMO Barnsley deserve to go up and Morisset certainly down.

I understand that Morri had a tough year with players moving on or after seasons start and replacements are hard to find and credit for still taking the pitch. But, what they bought to the competition this year was very disappointing. Many fixtures weren't competitive. This effort is probably exaserbated by the fantastic effort and style which they bought to the comp (L1) last year.

Are there any financial negatives for dropping a div?

IMO Barnsley deserve to go up and Morisset certainly down.

I understand that Morri had a tough year with players moving on or after seasons start and replacements are hard to find and credit for still taking the pitch. But, what they bought to the competition this year was very disappointing. Many fixtures weren't competitive. This effort is probably exaserbated by the fantastic effort and style which they bought to the comp (L1) last year.

Are there any financial negatives for dropping a div?
    The money game is less per win & draw in ZL1 (plus Minor/Maj/GF appearance winnings) but it costs less to enter L1 too.

New Lambton Eagles Zone Premier League Youth Grade (u/23's) trials will be held on the following dates:
    - Sunday 4th November at 10:30 am (Alder Park, Lambton) and
    - Saturday 10th November at 10:30 am (Adamstown Oval (main ground), Adamstown).

For further information please contact the Youth Grade coach Paul McGuiness on 0418242360 or email :mjordan23@luckymail.com.

All welcome!