Thread: A-League All Stars V Juventus

My team

Theo
    Franjic - Spiranovic - Gallas - Traore
    Milligan - Engelaar
    Ono - ADP - Broich
    Taggart

Galekovic - Kisnorbo - Berisha - Rogic

PS: Only one EX Gypo MFKS (and on the bench)

----------------Eugene--------------------
    Franjic--Spira--Jaliens--Traore
    ----------Milligan--Brattan-----------
    Ferreira--------ADP---------Broich
    -----------------Taggart------------------

Biraz, Williams, Troisi, Brillante, Berisha, Zullo, Kisnorbo, Roux, Miller, McKay

Half your side lquiquer have played less than half a season
    Last edited by pv4; 08-04-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    OK

There's been some great players though.

Pretty much all of adelaides visa players, some of sydneys serbs, all probably are worth a shout. Even Abbas has been great recently. And I've left out the majority of the BR side who legit walked the league
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Biraz, Williams, Troisi, Brillante, Berisha, Zullo, Kisnorbo, Roux, Miller, McKay

Half a season Yeah but Tiki-taka Gambau will have them ready for the 10th of August. Saint Laurent day....my day..., San Lorenzo's day!!'...Pope Francis's team.... Nothing can happen to us......!!!!! We win we win... Wait Juve scored 6 and us none!!!

Tbh there's even argument enough to have Reddy in the side. I would have said Vuko but he left. They're both decent shouts behind Eugene imo. Theo has been average the last couple of seasons imo
    OK

Tbh there's even argument enough to have Reddy in the side. I would have said Vuko but he left. They're both decent shouts behind Eugene imo. Theo has been average the last couple of seasons imo
    Theo has won 4 titles out of 8 a league seasons and could well win one more soon. Pretty impressive IMO. Don't think he has been that bad lately.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Theo has won 4 titles out of 8 a league seasons and could well win one more soon. Pretty impressive IMO. Don't think he has been that bad lately.
    Theo has made multiple of the mistakes that Biraz did at Coast away, this season - if Biraz made that many mistakes, he'd be crucified for not being a local (well, more than he is now). I put his premiership walk-in this season more down to the team in front of him more than anything else. IMO Biraz, Vuko, Hugene, Reddy have all easily performed better than Theo over the season.
    OK

Theo has made multiple of the mistakes that Biraz did at Coast away, this season - if Biraz made that many mistakes, he'd be crucified for not being a local (well, more than he is now). I put his premiership walk-in this season more down to the team in front of him more than anything else. IMO Biraz, Vuko, Hugene, Reddy have all easily performed better than Theo over the season.
    Has theo ****ed up twice in a derby and taken to twitter to say he doesn't care?
    Last edited by GazFish35; 09-04-2014 at 08:41 AM.

With Josep in charge you need a keeper who can play from the back....Theo can. Biraz can't play from the back and his kicking game is atrocious.

My team

Theo
    Milligan - Engelaar
    Ono - ADP - Broich
    Taggart

This is pretty much bang on for me but i would change Theo for Eugene, he is the best keeper in the league!

Troisi will be abit hard done by not getting a run off the bench too but cant have everyone.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

So you guys want Gallas (11 games) and Engelaar (10 games) to represent the best players of the entire season. And then want to play Shinji at RW.

And then you want Rogic on the bench, who has played 7 games for Victory, gone off injured in the first half last weekend, and has realistically done nothing since returning (largely down to his injury) and been outshone by Troisi.

The allstars needs to be about giving credit to the best performers of their position over the entire season, not just the bigger names in the league IMO. Probably the only exception I'm happy to make is putting Franjic at RB (he's played RW the entire year), but I'm happy for any and every one to want that.
    OK

Banned
    My team

Theo
    Milligan - Engelaar
    Ono - ADP - Broich
    Taggart

Won't Rogic be back at Celtic after his Victree loan finishes at the time of this All Star match???

Must also point out that IMO there is no way in hell that Brattan doesn't deserve this. He has been out-freaking-standing this season. Not only an Allstar definite, but a potential World Cup bolter IMO.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Won't Rogic be back at Celtic after his Victree loan finishes at the time of this All Star match???
    What's the rule? Do you have to be contracted to an A-league club at the time of the game (10th August) or if you played / have played in the current A-league season that makes you eligible?..... Also 10th august is pretty much off season in Scotland, Gallas might have retired by the time, Taggart could be in Europe, Griff in Malaysia...etc......

I don't think there are any rules. Remember last year how half of the selected defenders weren't available so Chapman got a call up? Pretty sure clubs can make them unavailable, they can be "injured" and if you have moved overseas/retired, tough luck FFA.

I didn't **** about with some of the "better make sure there is someone from every team" shit. Heart, Glory and Nix haven't got anyone worthy of being in an All Stars team unless you are going on piss weak half season performances or basing it off reputation.

That was almost identical to my team. Had Brillante and Troisi in instead of ADP and Milligan. Bench was Theo, Berisha, Roux and some Adelaide player.

I don't buy in to the "every team must have a player" BS... Nix, Heart, Glory have all been shit for most of the season, why would anyone get picked? If we didn't have three standout performers across the entire season (and 8 ****ing donkeys), we wouldn't have a look in either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I don't think there are any rules. Remember last year how half of the selected defenders weren't available so Chapman got a call up? Pretty sure clubs can make them unavailable, they can be "injured" and if you have moved overseas/retired, tough luck FFA.
    Rules changed start of this season so everyone signs a FFA contract as well as a Club contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

How has Matt Smith been overlooked by everyone? I would actually have him as a late bolter for the national team too.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    How has Matt Smith been overlooked by everyone? I would actually have him as a late bolter for the national team too.
    The puddle > Matt Smith
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Shit and English. Neill will go to the WC before that hack.