Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 Zone League player movements

2013-14 Zone League player movements

Any big name moves within ZPL, ZL1, ZL2, ZL3...Just for the fun of it.

Stuart Pratt & ethan robb from south Cardiff to suburbs, both have played first grade in state league, handy pickups

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Stuart Pratt & ethan robb from south Cardiff to suburbs, both have played first grade in state league, handy pickups
    Both quality players! Good guys too. Good for Suburbs!

Both top blokes and good mates to

Lumberjack to wallsend

Is Danny Burt still going to bero ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Is Danny Burt still going to bero ?????
    over 35s and zone league

why did they leave south cardiff ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

One is returning from a battle with cancer, the other wants to play with his mates

oh jeez...good luck to both of them
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Burbs have signed well by the sounds of it, lost any players?

Terrace lost 3 to jesmond 2 to wallsend

I highly doubt that les true will be letting Danny play much o/35's

Plus 1 to kahibah gny

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Terrace lost 3 to jesmond
    Yeah I hear Jesmond are strengthening massively. Getting a few of the now-defunct Charly players too, I heard.
    OK

Yeah by the sounds of things they will be ok, doubt they will be top 4 but will be mid table

Jesmond may be adding up to 8 1st Grade quality players. They should do fine in ZL1 without taking the league by storm IMO.

Hamilton ZL2 have will be losing a few players mid season due to WC and travel etc. but look to have possibly picked up a couple of players as well.

Have had word that talk of Charlie folding was premature and they will be strong next season looking to add a few players.

Mussy have lost 6 1st Grade starters and Coach from last season, 3 from the backline so have opted to stay in ZL2 (yes I am aware that is not what the draw says, but frankly I know better than the draw). Some new blood has joined the committee however, and over half a dozen really promising 18's are stepping up next season, along with 1 returning 1st Grader who was injured round 3 vs. Charlie last season. So I think although the club will go through a rebuilding phase, it is a smart move for them to stay put and nuture some of the youngsters. Also great to see new people put their hands up to take on positions of responsibility.

Terrace are very actively approaching players at time and I'm sure with the players the coach will bring in, they will be more than competitive and it will be interesting to see who they manage to snap up.

Westlakes have definitely lost 1 player to my knowledge and possibly others. PV4 would have more insight than me in that respect.

Wonder what they'll do in regards to promotion/relegation between ID1 & ID2. Terrace have asked to come down, Mussy are staying down, Jesmond going up, and I hear Morisset have no coach & barely any players actually lined up yet (so assume they'll still get relegated). Charly apparently were folding, but now may not, but it's worth assuming they wouldn't want to add in another grade. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

In regards to Westlakes, not sure. I overheard 3 seperate firstgrade players tell the coach at our last game that they weren't coming back (all for varying reasons). Really don't know about ins/outs - the idea of preseason was only just brought up by one player this week.
    OK

Jesmond are looking forward to promotion to ZL1 and yes, our unofficial scout is talking to a number of players but to say that up to 8 players of first grade quality are coming would be optimistic to say the least.

We hope to retain the majority of our squad, however major injury and age has meant we are strongly on the lookout for attack minded players as we are somewhat thin in that area especially. We would love to recruit an established striker, but if not, someone who wants to be given a shot. Maybe someone who is getting limited opportunity at a higher level or even a striker who is not happy where they are.

We have many spots in squad to fill as going from 2 grades to 3, so regardless of your position, we'd be happy to have a talk to you and coach Mick Coates is available to phone or text on 0412 449 333.

Training commencing January. All welcome.
    Last edited by ramsbelong@jesmondpark; 21-12-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: mistake made

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Training commencing January. All welcome.
    Hi rams

What ground will Jesmond be training and playing on this upcoming season?

Will it still be a groundshare @ Jesmond Park with Advance?
    OK