Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 12 - Other Fixtures

Advantage is only to allow play to continue. If play stops, they call it the foul.

I'm not sure about another playing then fouling, but if it's the same player and it's still during the advantage stage, they definately call the first one.

How many times have you guys been involved in a game (you wot m8), there's two guys running side by side, one is noticeably fouling the other constantly and, even though the most recent foul happened in a better position, the original foul location is where the fk is taken.
    OK

The ref played the advantage the advantage resulted in a penalty. What's so hard to get your head around?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You can't call a more adavntageous (?) foul during advantage, I've had years of refs on the field telling me so.
    local refs have never been wrong
    we will loose

Did anyone ask ADP what he thought? Williams answers to him, doesn't he?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I haven't seen the footage however. A few issue.

I fouls are always (well to the rule) marked at the point of initial contanct. Thus players diving to gain a couple extra metres shouldn't work. Now if a clear advantage I.e the lame and annoying thing to do both arms raised and pointing towards goal and " advantage"said Then whatever happens next is normal play. But if the ref is waiting to see what happens if an advantage can be given and then another foul occurs Then it goes back to the intitial foul. Always a critical question when close to goal. However if two fouls occur one after the other. The initial foul is held as that is the first infringement however action can be taken against anything that occurs after intitial foul.

Like I said I haven't yet seen the footage but will hopefully tonight (my time)

Finally people are releasing denying a goal scoring opportunity and not this stupid idea of "last man"

I will agree without seeing with the keeper kit clashes. It's a pet gripe with me when fundamental basic clear rules just get flicked away. Same with foul throw ins and position of the ball when a foul occurs if you can't get the basics right how are you supposed to get the critical calls correct.

On the refs re advantage sometimes your damned if you do damned if you don't. It's tricky one to get right. No one get on there high horse about this point cause I'm sure you have all been guilty with criticising.

Anywho back to snow whilst we have winter break in the season over here
    Amigos Aarau

Adp dived twice for the free kick.

I can't wait till one of the refs has the balls to card him for simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Like I said I haven't yet seen the footage but will hopefully tonight (my time)
    From my untrained perspective, he was fouled outside the box but kept his feet. If he had been straight up bundled over, that's where the foul should be... but he kept going, inside the box where he was tripped by the defender using a hand. I usually have pv4's back in most things (because he showed up for DG once) but completely against him with this one.

The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

• the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the
    referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal
    • the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the
    opponent’s goal, the more effective it can be
    • the chances of an immediate, promising attack
    • the atmosphere of the match
    From FIFA interpretations of the laws of the game.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worl...n_law05_en.pdf

I was taught that the referee should always punish the most serious infringement of the laws. So if advantage was played & then another foul was committed that resulted in a penalty, the second foul should be sanctioned

Where does that Williams miss rank on the list of mind bogglingly bad misses this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Where does that Williams miss rank on the list of mind bogglingly bad misses this season?
    Massive if you consider that it could very well be the difference between Aloisi having a job with the Heart or not!

• the atmosphere of the match
    We should all be more like the RBB, we'd get more advantage played.

moved posts into this shiny new thread and added match schedule to OP
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

heart are stinkin and they have honkman

Surely aloisi has to be sacked.

Bring Miron back to the a-league

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Surely aloisi has to be sacked.

Bring Miron back to the a-league
    I think Rudan might get the gig
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Only watched the last 30 mins. Heart were outplayed and did not look like a team fighting for 3 pts in a must-win game.

Misfud? Holy fxxx, I don't think there has been a poorer player in the league. His shooting ability is non-existent and his crosses were hilariously bad. Not even like mis-hit bad, more like completely the wrong technique bad.
    Behich got completely schooled for that goal. Awful defending, the kind of shit you'd feel bad about in a casual game of indoor.
    Big honknose Hoff doesn't appear to have made a bit of progress since he left us.

Wellington on the other hand, pretty decent. If they can get their shit sorted I can see them becoming a real force in the second half of the season.
    Brockie is still woeful, but I could watch Hernandez all day. Such a magical player.
    Substitute Miley Cyrus who set up the winning goal didn't look too bad either.
    Last edited by militiamon; 27-12-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Only watched the last 30 mins. Heart were outplayed and did not look like a team fighting for 3 pts in a must-win game.

Misfud? Holy fxxx, I don't think there has been a poorer player in the league. His shooting ability is non-existent and his crosses were hilariously bad. Not even like mis-hit bad, more like completely the wrong technique bad.
    Behich got completely schooled for that goal. Awful defending, the kind of shit you'd feel bad about in a casual game of indoor.
    Big honknose Hoff doesn't appear to have made a bit of progress since he left us.

Wellington on the other hand, pretty decent. If they can get their shit sorted I can see them becoming a real force in the second half of the season.
    Brockie is still woeful, but I could watch Hernandez all day. Such a magical player.
    Substitute Miley Cyrus who set up the winning goal didn't look too bad either.
    To be fair Mifsud was good up until the last 20 mins, made some real good runs off the shoulder of Durante to find some space in dangerous positions, he absolutely gift wrapped Williams a goal but in true Williams fashion he hit row Z.

I think its the optimist in me but I could only wonder how Heartless would have gone if Engalaar had not broke his leg because that's what they are missing.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

They were half a chance for the first 60.

Aloisi should blame militiamon, they went to shit for the last 30.

If they had anyone half decent upfront they'd have scored a hatful

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    They were half a chance for the first 60.

Aloisi should blame militiamon, they went to shit for the last 30.

If they had anyone half decent upfront they'd have scored a hatful
    Wouldn't matter who was up front half the time the delivery was at times abysmal or criminal and not acceptable in the NBN level

Really? There was at least a dozen quality balls into the Heart box in the first half... FK from Williams that no one made any movement for, the Mifsud cross that Williams squandered, the Kewell cross that curled just out of reach of Williams because he was slow to make the run, the cross from Dugandzic that was half a step in front of 3 players... they were better than most of the balls we put into the box.