Thread: Return of the standing stadium

Return of the standing stadium

Seems to be a push for standing areas in OS stadiums after a few years of all seaters.

Football League clubs consulted on return of standing
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25526329
    Good idea or not?

Does it mean jack here? not really, Hunter stade is a recreation ground eg north and south hills.

Pros: Would help to stop the sitdown crowd whinging in certain areas and could be a better atmosphere at larger aways, dont trip over chairs if we score, and i like it

Cons: its straya so sit and shuddup ya face

Would be awesome but unfortunately cannot see it happening in the short-term
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Parra stadium are looking at it.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    we could stand on the hills but for some unknown reason the leadership of the Squadron are against it

talk to the ffa pal

next wet day, active behind goals

Bristol City have been given the go ahead.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/12/standi...ahead-4302013/

Dear Australian Government
    NSW Government
    FFA
    HSG
    Who ever the Fark decides these things.
    Pretty Pretty please can we have this on the Southern Hill, I promise I'll behave and Vote for you all the time if you make this happen.

Thanks Premy.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I can't really see it happening tbh escpially if grounds have concerts. I'll be honest I needed to sit down on several occasions last Sunday as I was worn out from the night before.

The way things are done now is good enough. I'm glad we have foldaway chairs not ones like Sydney football stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    I can't really see it happening tbh escpially if grounds have concerts. I'll be honest I needed to sit down on several occasions last Sunday as I was worn out from the night before.

The way things are done now is good enough. I'm glad we have foldaway chairs not ones like Sydney football stadium.

Rail seats allow for concerts. Some can even be removed all together for use of the concrete terracing as stage area and the concert crowd can go the pitch.

It's more about the flip up/down seats that are flush with the rail.... And the rail a toning as anti surge barriers.

Many are starting to see the current rail seat design as safer than current seating arrangements.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 14-02-2014 at 11:53 AM.