Page 20 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    I would take them both back... at least when they played for us they would both put in...
    unlike our current crop of negative sooks.

G
    We don't need Thompson but I'd take Carle as a No.10

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not that i give two ****s about Smurfs but did what Carle say really cross the line??
    He said he has been giving a role to play and is trying his best to do it.

Not exactly a ****ing crime to see a player not happy to not be playing in his preferred role
    It was really less about what he said ...it was more the fact him and Thomo didnt like what Franky told them to do so they swpaped positions and did what they like

I'd take Carle if he wasn't on big money. I think he could do a better job than most of the other blokes we tried in that position (Brown, Bridges, Ward etc).

Though I've seen some pretty lack-lustre displays by him for Sydney.

Murray Fletcher.

bring him home.
    currently in istanbul i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    We don't need Thompson but I'd take Carle as a No.10
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    I would take them both back... at least when they played for us they would both put in...
    unlike our current crop of negative sooks.

G
    You obviously didn't see Razzlers last couple of games.
    **** him.
    **** Carle.

the fletch is the only hope for newcastle

The players union says Sydney FC’s ban of Nick Carle and Matt Thompson is illegal

THE players union has come out fighting on behalf of sidelined Sydney FC duo Nick Carle and Matt Thompson, warning the club that its decision to exclude from first-team training is illegal under the A-League’s collective bargaining agreement.
    The PFA issued a statement today threatening legal action if Sydney coach Frank Farina did not back down from his decision to force the pair to train “independently”.
    It’s understood that Farina told the pair yesterday morning that they had little chance of figuring for Sydney again, though both players have privately denied making any “negative comments” about the club or the coach.
    Under the CBA, players have to be guilty of a breach of the national code of conduct that all players sign up to, and they have to be given a right to reply. It’s understood both players say they have been given none of this due process, and the PFA is ready to fight it.
    “ Following the club’s 3-0 loss to Adelaide United on the weekend, Carle and Thompson were informed by the club that they were to be excluded from first team training indefinitely,” the PFA said in a statement.
    “Carle, a Sky Blues leadership group member, and Thompson, the A-League leading appearance holder, were accused of being ‘negative influences on the club’ and, without justification and any proper process, were sent home from yesterday morning’s training session and told to return in the afternoon to train with the National Youth League team.”
    The PFA’s General Manager, Adam Vivian, went further, warning that the move had to be overturned immediately.
    “We have a CBA that the clubs must comply with,” Vivian said. “The actions of Sydney FC in excluding Nick and Matt from training are not in accordance with the CBA. If the situation is not remedied within 24 hours, we will take the necessary legal steps.
    “Unfortunately this is not the first time this season where the PFA has been forced to intervene in this type of situation. This calls into question the behaviour of some clubs and undermines acompetition that is based on respect for contracts and a commitment to player wellbeing.”
    Sydney FC said they were preparing a statement in response.

Read more:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...#ixzz2syyg11Bq
    Nice of them to help Wehrman out

Banned
    These the same clowns that also did very little to get Griffo cleared in what 3 weeks??

Parasites they are screwing the game over in this country.

Rorting the clubs of money they barely have so their members who are nothing more than hacks and never wases are well and truly overpaid substantially more than they are worthy of.

If you behave like a c*** to your boss you suffer the consequences.

F*** the union.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Carle is still class. Bring him home.

Would take thommo back even though I kinda hate him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I wonder if anything will come of this...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...213-32naz.html

They live in a different world down there and think they are the only ones to have this shit.

They won 5-0 a few weeks ago ffs !!

Carle and Thommo did the wrong thing by ignoring the managers instructions.
    The union are a disgrace if they try and justify their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So if you made a mistake at your work and your boss sent you home from work, then the next day told you you're no longer welcome to work with everyone else you'll be fine with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Farina denied on radio this morning that both players were isolated because of ignoring his instructions. He said something else they did and he didn't like was the reason but would not say what it was

according to the home page, ben kennedy was either born or died on this day. I'm going with "died", so happy death day BK!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So if you made a mistake at your work and your boss sent you home from work, then the next day told you you're no longer welcome to work with everyone else you'll be fine with that?
    Big difference between making a mistake and blatantly ignoring instructions. Although, it appears now that is not the reason why they are in the shit.

Big difference between making a mistake and blatantly ignoring instructions. Although, it appears now that is not the reason why they are in the shit.
    As much as I sometimes disagree with the PFA they're a evil necessity. If you watched Thursday FC last night Zdrilla had a Interview with Brendan Schwab and it was rather interesting stuff. You don't want situation here like you do have in other countries where players go months with out payments (although that has happened)and player's get excluded from the playing group in a hope they seek a release/transfer (although that has happened). This is their profession they deserve the same rights all workers do and the professionalism the A-League shows its players will in the long run make it a greater option for Footballers to ply their trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

As much as I sometimes disagree with the PFA they're a evil necessity. If you watched Thursday FC last night Zdrilla had a Interview with Brendan Schwab and it was rather interesting stuff. You don't want situation here like you do have in other countries where players go months with out payments (although that has happened)and player's get excluded from the playing group in a hope they seek a release/transfer (although that has happened). This is their profession they deserve the same rights all workers do and the professionalism the A-League shows its players will in the long run make it a greater option for Footballers to ply their trade.

With the exception of our in bred Penrith by the seas gypo neighbours i agree with all you posted

I'm missing something.
    What 'rights' are they being denied?
    Related question (for all comers): are they still being paid?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG