Page 122 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Good to see a bit of fight from the boys, even if it was in training.

Hopefully this scrap wasn't over just electrical tape though
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    if fans were abusing carney solely due to his and the teams on-field performance, that is IMO too far. Particularly when I thought he was one of, if not, our best through this season. But if he was getting abused for not signing autographs - fair play, he deserves it.

What I hope doesn't happen is he begins (or continues?) to hate the fans, and becomes disheartened with the club. Because honestly, he's been one of our better players this season. I don't have the stats handy (cue Jeterpool) but I'd hazard a guess he's leading our assist board, maybe along with Griff (?).

Carney has copped a lot of criticism in his career, but IMO this season on the field for the Jerks is probably the least warranted he's deserved - he's been one of the best, in a gash team.
    I agree but just having a tantrum into the tunnel and abusing fans it not on no matter what they say to him

Good to see a bit of fight from the boys, even if it was in training.

Hopefully this scrap wasn't over just electrical tape though
    Yeah, great to see a bit of infighting. Did us a heap of good last year when Regan and Biraz got into a bust up... almost made the top 6 after it!

in regards to carney;

my gripe was not only over his decision to sign autographs, it was the fact he walked straight up the tunnel at the end of the game.

i don't care if he was the best player on the field that day or all season. 9,500 people had just rocked up to see us lose again and while i don't get a kick out of a high five, selfie or an autograph i'm sure thousands of kids do around the whole stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

I think swearing in front of kids isn't on, but I would love to know what was said to prompt his response.

Calling a conspiracy is one thing, but what was actually said from said Bay 60 member to prompt the response directed at the Squadron?

if fans were abusing carney solely due to his and the teams on-field performance, that is IMO too far. Particularly when I thought he was one of, if not, our best through this season. But if he was getting abused for not signing autographs - fair play, he deserves it.

What I hope doesn't happen is he begins (or continues?) to hate the fans, and becomes disheartened with the club. Because honestly, he's been one of our better players this season. I don't have the stats handy (cue Jeterpool) but I'd hazard a guess he's leading our assist board, maybe along with Griff (?).

Carney has copped a lot of criticism in his career, but IMO this season on the field for the Jerks is probably the least warranted he's deserved - he's been one of the best, in a gash team.
    Christ you type a lot of shit. You're like the forum's very own Craig Foster - head so far up your own arse in the self indulgent belief that you're the fount of all knowledge that you can't see that 99% of your drivel is complete crap.

Carney's immune from criticism because he's supposedly one of the Jets best? FMD, there's been a whole he'll of a lot more ineptitude in his attack and outright not giving a **** in defence than highlights from him. Even if he's been one of our best he's still been shit and deserves every bit of abuse he cops from the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Yeah, great to see a bit of infighting. Did us a heap of good last year when Regan and Biraz got into a bust up... almost made the top 6 after it!
    We can only dream..

#forever7th
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    That part about Carney not telling Body to **** off **** is a total lie, I was standing next to body when it damn well happened
    Can confirm. I was well within earshot

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    Christ you type a lot of shit. You're like the forum's very own Craig Foster - head so far up your own arse in the self indulgent belief that you're the fount of all knowledge that you can't see that 99% of your drivel is complete crap.

Carney's immune from criticism because he's supposedly one of the Jets best? FMD, there's been a whole he'll of a lot more ineptitude in his attack and outright not giving a **** in defence than highlights from him. Even if he's been one of our best he's still been shit and deserves every bit of abuse he cops from the fans
    I never said he was immune from criticism because he's one of the best. I said if he was sprayed at with "you're a fxxxing disgrace" solely because of his on-field performances, that's too far.

And I also think that if people are going to abuse players to their faces, that they should actually do it to the players who aren't pulling their weight at all - not the ones who have actually contributed to us getting the slim amount of points we've managed to muster so far this season.

You realise if we abuse the crap out of Carney, and he up and leaves, we'd be left with the guys who aren't even considered good enough to make this already poorly-performing team to start for us.

It honestly feels like if a large amount of supporters had their way, all our good players would leave us and we'd be left with an even worse team. I don't know about yall, but I'd rather attempt to support our good players so we even had the remote hope of getting a win before the season end.
    Last edited by pv4; 10-12-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    OK

Carney is rubbish. His crosses have been rubbish, his forward play has been selfish and rubbish. his shots have been rubbish. His attitude is rubbish. **** him.

Shape up or ship out.
    Go jetties

New Cronulla Sharks chief executive Lyall Gorman believes the club can own the next A-League franchise and says they could be ready for the 2017 season when the FFA is expected to expand the competition
    Get fked NRL. We want nothing to do with your supporters, players or sh1t brand. Football has spent decades trying to build beyond you a**holes.

Aleague teams run on their own steam and above the grubs you are invloved with.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    in regards to carney;

my gripe was not only over his decision to sign autographs, it was the fact he walked straight up the tunnel at the end of the game.

i don't care if he was the best player on the field that day or all season. 9,500 people had just rocked up to see us lose again and while i don't get a kick out of a high five, selfie or an autograph i'm sure thousands of kids do around the whole stadium

He's human too. People don't always do what they SHOULD do, especially during times of pressure and disappointment. I think this is an occasion where it would be best to acknowledge the mistake and forgive.

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post

Why should fans abuse there own team anyway. you dont think the players dont feel like shit as it is. put yourself into there shoes, if i was carney i would have also jumped the fence and knocked out the bloke. just because they are professional footballers doesnt mean they are a brick wall and bounce off abuse thrown at them ( they are also human). shit like this is the number one reason why players go through depression or sometimes worse.
    As a former player to go nearly halfway through the season without a win and playing in front of a high demanding community, i would be in a very difficult place right now.. SO LAY THE **** OFF THEM

You do realise that the abuse wasn't about his performance, it was the fact that he stormed off down the tunnel instead of acknowledging the nearly 10,000 chumps that showed up to watch that shitfest and continue to do so week after week after week?

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    [/B]

Why should fans abuse there own team anyway. you dont think the players dont feel like shit as it is. put yourself into there shoes, if i was carney i would have also jumped the fence and knocked out the bloke. just because they are professional footballers doesnt mean they are a brick wall and bounce off abuse thrown at them ( they are also human). shit like this is the number one reason why players go through depression or sometimes worse.
    As a former player to go nearly halfway through the season without a win and playing in front of a high demanding community, i would be in a very difficult place right now.. SO LAY THE **** OFF THEM
    so your saying that after failing to win 9 games in a row, players are allowed to walk off and not be held accountable for there performances from the fans who also pay their wages. maybe we should stand there and clap them as we

it be like me not meeting sales targets for 9 months in a row and the boss just patting me on the back saying its all ok.

if the player was called a disgrace by someone and he retorted back so be it, but did he expect to walk straight off the field without someone noticing

the fans are suffering just as much as the players, and in carneys case for 5 years longer than he has.

if fans don't hold the club accountable who will.

also along with grim it wasn't the performance that was the problem anyway
    Last edited by BodyNovo; 10-12-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Hail Body!

if fans don't hold the club accountable who will.
    You can hold the club to account but it doesn't have to be straight after a game. It can be through a request via the "sub" committee that players stop to sign stuff for kids.

If you are confrontational, confrontation will inevitably come back at you sometimes. Maybe he was disappointed and just wanted to get away. I don't think its unreasonable for him to just want to get out of there if he was in a bad mood, which he obviously was.

Just goes to show what a low point the club has reached when things like this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    You can hold the club to account but it doesn't have to be straight after a game. It can be through a request via the "sub" committee that players stop to sign stuff for kids.

If you are confrontational, confrontation will inevitably come back at you sometimes. Maybe he was disappointed and just wanted to get away. I don't think its unreasonable for him to just want to get out of there if he was in a bad mood, which he obviously was.
    the fans are suffering just as much as the players, and in carneys case for 5 years longer than he has.
    6 years we've been disappointed, not 9 games (obviously there have been bright moments in that time)

don't get me wrong the way he was approached by individuals may have been wrong the way to an extent but he is a proffessional

i get yelled at on the phone every now and than and i'm professional enough to know who the customer is and not yell back.

this situation would have not arisen had he just walked straight up the tunnel, individuals would have still be disappointed with what he did but not shocked and hurt by his retort,

Hail Body!

What exactly did you say though, at least that provides some context to the response.

I'm not condoning swearing in front of kids, or at any fan, but I am interested to know exactly what was said.

6 years we've been disappointed, not 9 games (obviously there have been bright moments in that time)

don't get me wrong the way he was approached by individuals may have been wrong the way to an extent but he is a proffessional

i get yelled at on the phone every now and than and i'm professional enough to know who the customer is and not yell back.

this situation would have not arisen had he just walked straight up the tunnel, individuals would have still be disappointed with what he did but not shocked and hurt by his retort,
    I just keep looking at the larger context which is that we have an owner who doesn't want the club and seems to be willing to let it run down into a pile of shit. We have a CEO that doesn't seem to know how to make the best of this bad situation or insulate everyone else from it. So everyone from there down has their own share in this pile of shit to deal with, including players and supporters. Very little good will come out of the club until it is sold, so what's the point in picking on an individual here or there?