Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jerks v heart 2.0

jerks v heart 2.0

"furns rubbish followed by jeterpools cool shit here"

no ****ing idea why this is on at 5pm on a non public holiday at 5pm

unlucky like some peasants i only got the public holidays off and work 8-5

surely playing the game at 7.30 would have been more suited.

city starting to play some decent football, will probably jag it knowing us but.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Crowd figure will be interesting. How many have gone away? How many are working? How many staying at home to watch the cricket?
    Optimistic jerks 2-1, mooy stunner followed by a remarkable own goal by chapman and then a very dodgy penalty converted by monty. Extremely dour contest otherwise.

Doomed.
    Cricket score again.
    As you were.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

city starting to play some decent football, will probably jag it knowing us but.
    Are you coming to games again?

Agree the timing is off for a non public holiday. On a public holiday or weekend, leaving home at 3:30-4:30 for a 5 game is fine. On a working day, it creates all kinds of hassle.

Like Tommyjet said - the crowd figure will be very interesting. I'm anticipating 5k - I have no idea if that would be considered optimistic or pessimistic.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Agree the timing is off for a non public holiday. On a public holiday or weekend, leaving home at 3:30-4:30 for a 5 game is fine. On a working day, it creates all kinds of hassle.

Like Tommyjet said - the crowd figure will be very interesting. I'm anticipating 5k - I have no idea if that would be considered optimistic or pessimistic.
    na not coming but just pointing out for the working plebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

We will play rubbish defensive football and concede a goal that some will argue was BK's fault in the 89th minute to lose 0-1.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

Because not everyone works Monday-friday bodedawg. 5pm games are better anyways, earlier start for the day more time to enjoy a couple drinks afterwards. I myself have to work Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night & Saturday night this week (yep missing the gong away).

Looking forward to this one, Our record against the heart at home hasnt been too bad in recent seasons so I'm thinking we can get a 1 or 2-0 win here.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Yeah it's kind of frustrating, I'm lucky enough to have slightly flexible working hours (and be walking distance to the stadium) but I'll have to start at 6:30am tomorrow to give myself enough time to get there for kick off. I think 5k sounds about right

Wonder if Middleby will blame the poor crowds on the timing (which I'm sure he would have a say in) or results (he signed Stubbs)? Either way, we won't reach 5 figures in crowd.

Looking forward to watching Mooy, Koran and Duff play.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Wonder if Middleby will blame the poor crowds on the timing (which I'm sure he would have a say in) or results (he signed Stubbs)? Either way, we won't reach 5 figures in crowd.

You reckon a club CEO has any sway over fox scheduling, for a midweek fixture?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    You reckon a club CEO has any sway over fox scheduling, for a midweek fixture?
    He has no sway over anything.

That's the problem.

The bloke can't influence anything

This is an all time record for you.
    Most 'straws clutched at' in one day.

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He has no sway over anything.

That's the problem.

The bloke can't influence anything

Nail on the head here. I'm sure all the clubs were consulted at the start of the season and asked what your preferred day and times were (why we got so many sunday games in the past). A competent ceo would have requested that the game get pushed back by an hour or two. Given this isn't a catchup game, Middleby would've seen it months ago. You reckon Pignata would cop this?

But it doesn't matter either way, we won't reach 10,000 and we'll lose. Middleby will make another plea and/or an apology for fans to stick with this abomination of a "club". How we're not last is beyond me.

Plague: What straws am I clutching here? With a likely poor atttendence tomorrow, I was wondering what Robbie would say the cause is. All clubs receive a draft draw early before its finalised, so why couldn't Robbie request the game to be played later? And Robbie did sign Stubbs, didn't he?
    Last edited by Thomas477; 29-12-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

What I will give Thomas is surely some heads should have been raised when the BR game is getting shown at 8pm, and it isn't uncommon for HAL games to be exactly 2 hours apart. There's no reason, on the outlook, that our game couldn't have kicked off at 6 rather than 5.

Regardless of what has been done so far, I'll be surprised if the FFA don't learn their lesson when they see a poor turnout for it.
    OK

You reckon Pignata would cop this?
    The same Pignata who's club has been booted from their stadium for 7 weeks and now has to play at Woolongong?

Yeah, I'd say he would have copped it.

Nail on the head here. I'm sure all the clubs were consulted at the start of the season and asked what your preferred day and times were (why we got so many sunday games in the past). A competent ceo would have requested that the game get pushed back by an hour or two. Given this isn't a catchup game, Middleby would've seen it months ago. You reckon Pignata would cop this?

But it doesn't matter either way, we won't reach 10,000 and we'll lose. Middleby will make another plea and/or an apology for fans to stick with this abomination of a "club". How we're not last is beyond me.

Plague: What straws am I clutching here? With a likely poor atttendence tomorrow, I was wondering what Robbie would say the cause is. All clubs receive a draft draw early before its finalised, so why couldn't Robbie request the game to be played later? And Robbie did sign Stubbs, didn't he?
    It's the blind assumption that he didn't.
    The Brisbane v sydney game will get better ratings, so it gets the prime spot.
    If our game kicks off at 6 fox potentially lose audience they don't get back when everyone switches over to ch10 at 7pm for the cricket. So they run our game at 5, santo for 1hr and then get the game between town capital city teams on at 8.

The jets have been chasing family friendly kickoff times for many years. And given the shit dished up on the field and the crowds we are still getting an argument could be made that it is working.

Granted a 6 kickoff means blokes at work can get to the game more readily..... but 5pm while the kids are on holidays, and a lot of workplaces are still closed down, there may well have been a trade off from a later kickoff to getting Friday night game at some other point of the season.

I know of at least 8 families heading down to game from up north simply because it's a5pm kickoff and the kids are holidays.

Rip him a new one all you want when there's evidence he's ****ed up (there's plenty of them to choose from) but to suggest he probably didn't even try to adjust the kickoff time, when we know two fifths of feckall about the sway tv has or the target market the club is chasing, or the ins and outs of that decision is ludicrous. There well maybe considerable data to suggest there's more people wanting a 5pm game time than any other.... Fox might have wanted a 3pm game for all we know.

Assuming the worst in people with no evidence seems to be the newcastle way.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 29-12-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Bk not training today according to twitter.

So, squad discussion. Mitch Hughes from NBN says to expect squad changes for this game after today's training.

I am thinking Kew for Madaschi is a possibility. Griffo definitely needs a rest so a swap with Neuman seems likely. A change in the midfield might freshen the team with Kanta or Caravan to swap for Carney or Cooper.

Also saying Kennedy did not train today so maybe Birraz gets a farewell game.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    So, squad discussion. Mitch Hughes from NBN says to expect squad changes for this game after today's training.

I am thinking Kew for Madaschi is a possibility. Griffo definitely needs a rest so a swap with Neuman seems likely. A change in the midfield might freshen the team with Kanta or Caravan to swap for Carney or Cooper.

Also saying Kennedy did not train today so maybe Birraz gets a farewell game.
    Isn't Captain Kew out for another game? Or has he already missed 3 games now?

Would like to see Cooper get a start... and is Lundy as good as joel31 rates him in FM?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Rip him a new one all you want when there's evidence he's ****ed up (there's plenty of them to choose from) but to suggest he probably didn't even try to adjust the kickoff time, when we know two fifths of feckall about the sway tv has or the target market the club is chasing, or the ins and outs of that decision is ludicrous. There well maybe considerable data to suggest there's more people wanting a 5pm game time than any other.... Fox might have wanted a 3pm game for all we know.

Assuming the worst in people with no evidence seems to be the newcastle way.
    What evidence can you actually provide the bloke actually knows what he is doing??

It ain't a case of us wanting to kick the bloke cause we are struggling.

We have been progressively getting worse under this blokes alleged leadership in the last 4 years.

We are beyond the point of assuming the worst with no evidence. We are calling him incompetent based on 4 years of complete shite that is getting worse under his watch.

We had a game at this time of year a few years back where we had the 1 entire round in the day thing and we had a similarly shit time and the crowd suffered.

Surely that is enough evidence that this KO time is not suitable for our supporters and a competent CEO would be going into bat for his supporters who pay their money to support this club and have to alter their work plans to take in a home game or miss out cause we have a kick off on a midweek fixture at an hour of the day that isn't suitable to the vast majority of people who work a standard hours day.

All good and well people from up north coming down for the day but don't **** over the loyal fans who live in the Newy region who actually continue to support this shower of shite Middleby runs in spite of the shite he serves up