Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

FYI, the link at the top is worth following, there's video of the great man.

I've been reading/listening to a lot of these "pre-season reviews. Nobody is really giving us a shout this year and they don't really have much nice to say about us either. They're banging us as odds-on favourite to get the wooden spoon and backing Stubbins as the first coach to be sacked.

This pisses me off and as a fan gets me motivated to support our team to prove them wrong. If Stubbins wanted any motivation this is it. Nobody believes in them, nobody gives them a shot. Go and there and prove those "pundits" wrong! And Tinkler isn't going to sack Stubbins either because he simply doesn't care about the club anymore. The only way he is getting sacked is if someone buys us and pays him out.

I really think we have a good team for a fresh start. A fresh coach who is looking to prove doubters wrong. I hope he's using this material to fire the boys up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

there's been a lot of lazy punditry thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I've been reading/listening to a lot of these "pre-season reviews. Nobody is really giving us a shout this year and they don't really have much nice to say about us either. They're banging us as odds-on favourite to get the wooden spoon and backing Stubbins as the first coach to be sacked.

This pisses me off and as a fan gets me motivated to support our team to prove them wrong. If Stubbins wanted any motivation this is it. Nobody believes in them, nobody gives them a shot. Go and there and prove those "pundits" wrong! And Tinkler isn't going to sack Stubbins either because he simply doesn't care about the club anymore. The only way he is getting sacked is if someone buys us and pays him out.

I really think we have a good team for a fresh start. A fresh coach who is looking to prove doubters wrong. I hope he's using this material to fire the boys up.
    worked for the mariners for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    there's been a lot of lazy punditry thats for sure.
    interested to know who you guys think we'll finish above?

I'm hopeful we won't finish last, but I'm not sure I see us finishing in the top 6, and given we consistently lose to Perth and Nix (the other teams I'm thinking will be sitting in the cellar), I'm not convinced we'll finish above them.

I would argue that victory, Sydney and heart/city have all improved their squads. and I think the mariners will remain competitive, as will Brisbane, Western Sydney and Adelaide.

needless to say, i hope I'm horrendously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    interested to know who you guys think we'll finish above?

I'm hopeful we won't finish last, but I'm not sure I see us finishing in the top 6, and given we consistently lose to Perth and Nix (the other teams I'm thinking will be sitting in the cellar), I'm not convinced we'll finish above them.

I would argue that victory, Sydney and heart/city have all improved their squads. and I think the mariners will remain competitive, as will Brisbane, Western Sydney and Adelaide.

needless to say, i hope I'm horrendously wrong.
    I think we will finish above the Mariners. I don't think they'll well this year. I'm thinking we'll finish ahead of Perth and the Nix and I think we'll be ahead of Sydney too. I don't think we'll be the top, but I think we will be 6th, maybe 6th ahead of City.

You're certainly right in what you say. Each team has strengthened, both those above and below us. It's going to be tough.

Let's be honest - it's the A-league and any team can win on their given day. It's so unpredictable. I just had the shits because Slater praises every frigging team saying basically they'll all make the top 6 except for us.

Actually...**** him. I don't want Slater's support.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 07-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I think we have a good best XI with bugger all after that. If our best XI are fit and play every game, we will upset the proverbial apple cart and be a team to fear in the finals. Unfortunately, we are starting off the season with an okay HAL defender in midfield and are just an injury away from having Gallaway at left back again.

that's the killer for me. pre-season has shown that we are about as deep as puddle. and even the puddle has deserted us now.

95% of the media only want to talk about Syd/Melb.....Roar practically forced everyone to take notice but they will be amongst the also rans once they drop off a bit.

I swear Smurfs are at least top two in the odds every bloody season !

On Facebook...

Adam Taggart is rumoured to be joining the Jets on loan to get game time before the Asian Cup.

Taggart has only just started Training again for Fulham after having knee surgery after the World Cup
    Do we need him right now ?

Us? Nah, more likely Perth I reckon. There was a rumour last week that they had a high profile loan signing inbound, that would be perfect for them and him. Local boy with the big/small pairing up front with Keogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    On Facebook...

Haha well by the looks of our defence and midfield we are going to be looking to win games 5-4 and 6-5 so another goal scorer can only be helpful!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/...arquee-striker

Perth targeting marquee striker. Reckon Taggart could fit that bill...

On Facebook...

No, we don't need him. That's really hard to say, however.

Perth with Hersi on one wing, Ruka on the other, and Keogh in the middle genuinely scares me. They have been severely underrated this preseason IMO.
    OK

On Facebook...

Given where I read that on FB, I won't put any weight behind it.

I think it would be a mistake to bring Taggart back on loan. We need a solid DM, not another Striker.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Perth with Hersi on one wing, Ruka on the other, and Keogh in the middle genuinely scares me. They have been severely underrated this preseason IMO.
    I thought Ruka was going to the Wanderers?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    100% agree that Perth are underrated. They've got a team of (mostly) proven A-League players, yet they've been written off.
    I really hope Sydney fail to shut Gobbie Slater up

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I really hope Sydney fail to shut Gobbie Slater up
    nothing shuts slater up.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    nothing shuts slater up.
    To quote him, someone perhaps needs to "show him some violence"