Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you reckon we should form some sort of vigilante posse patrolling the streets of Broadmeadow on game days looking for Jets fans and lay the smackdown on them when they step out of line???
    Yeh that's what I'm saying.... FFS. What I mean is anti-social behaviour would be more often reported to the relevant authorities (security inside the ground etc.) rather than a blind eye being turned.

Perfect example - the flare that got ripped in Bay 2 last season by some homeless looking blow-in was immediately reported to security by most, if not all Squadron attendees. Yes, sanctions weren't in place, but I believe if they are, this type of thing will only happen more until (hopefully) the trouble-makers are completely ostracised.

Banned
    So what time are we forming the vigilante posse today???

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    That trouble with us wasn't our fault it was the Wanderers fault AND the polices fault
    it is always someone else's fault.
    Who was at fault at the riot victory V WSW they both canoot be at fault. Someone must gave started it

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    it is always someone else's fault.
    Who was at fault at the riot victory V WSW they both canoot be at fault. Someone must gave started it
    If you were in the squadron at the time you'd understand what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Agreeing with MFKS on this issue.
    MFKS is seeming to be making more logical and agreeable statements recently

So many of the issues we have are from the design of stadiums and surrounds in Australia aren't made to separate fans in the first place. Suncorp really is the only one rant this can happen at easily..... Though EAS isn't too bad if the cops just told the away fans that they have to come in the north and leave via the north.

Add to the poor designed in this aspect with the usual way of letting fans mingle in making at each other and policing the separation of fans is very difficult.

The stoopid thing is the RBB whinge like little bitches for months about the cops being all up in their grill, in bars, in marches in the streets etc etc than bitch and moan when the cops weren't at the royal Melbourne....

If there are 15 ****s causing the ruckus and setting off bungas, there's another 50 who know, and see, but stay quiet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    So many of the issues we have are from the design of stadiums and surrounds in Australia aren't made to separate fans in the first place. Suncorp really is the only one rant this can happen at easily..... Though EAS isn't too bad if the cops just told the away fans that they have to come in the north and leave via the north.

Add to the poor designed in this aspect with the usual way of letting fans mingle in making at each other and policing the separation of fans is very difficult.

The stoopid thing is the RBB whinge like little bitches for months about the cops being all up in their grill, in bars, in marches in the streets etc etc than bitch and moan when the cops weren't at the royal Melbourne....

If there are 15 ****s causing the ruckus and setting off bungas, there's another 50 who know, and see, but stay quiet.
    Precisely right about the stadium design not being applicable for the segregation of fans.

One issue here is the issue of segregation of fans.

The FFA are trying for the family friendly angle where rival fans mix in sit with one another and watch the game together and go home without incident. Until this ideal changes and segregation is imposed the issues will continue.

I find it ridiculous that we as Jets fans can buy tickets for most areas of the ground when we play away. This season on the 2 games I have been to at SFS there was a batch of approx. 100-200 Jets fans sitting on the Eastern side and others in the western stand despite us having the whole southern end to ourselves.

Obviously most of those taking these seats aren't the troublemaking types but it concerns me that these events of trouble will continue whilst we are not properly segreated

MFKS is seeming to be making more logical and agreeable statements recently

It is a new year, has turned over a new leaf.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    It is a new year, has turned over a new leaf.
    Just waiting until the NBN starts up and the debates in the Local Forum kick off

Precisely right about the stadium design not being applicable for the segregation of fans.

One issue here is the issue of segregation of fans.

The FFA are trying for the family friendly angle where rival fans mix in sit with one another and watch the game together and go home without incident. Until this ideal changes and segregation is imposed the issues will continue.

I find it ridiculous that we as Jets fans can buy tickets for most areas of the ground when we play away. This season on the 2 games I have been to at SFS there was a batch of approx. 100-200 Jets fans sitting on the Eastern side and others in the western stand despite us having the whole southern end to ourselves.

Obviously most of those taking these seats aren't the troublemaking types but it concerns me that these events of trouble will continue whilst we are not properly segreated
    There was a silver away bay on the eastern grandstand for our away games at SFS

Banned
    There was a silver away bay on the eastern grandstand for our away games at SFS
    Whatever it was it is ridiculous that we have an entire end to ourselves which we ain't filling and having fans sitting in the Smurfs part of the crowd where they could be exposed to trouble.

Exactly the same as how ridiculous it was that there was at least 20-30 in WSW gear in the Western Stand Bay I am in last home game when they have their own bays. It wouldn't take much too start an issue with this amount of rival support in the home area

Whatever it was it is ridiculous that we have an entire end to ourselves which we ain't filling and having fans sitting in the Smurfs part of the crowd where they could be exposed to trouble.

Exactly the same as how ridiculous it was that there was at least 20-30 in WSW gear in the Western Stand Bay I am in last home game when they have their own bays. It wouldn't take much too start an issue with this amount of rival support in the home area
    If you're not active support, irrespective of where you are in a stadium you wouldn't find any trouble generally. Most people are not stupid and even walking to or from a stadium in colours in opposition territory you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    If you're not active support, irrespective of where you are in a stadium you wouldn't find any trouble generally. Most people are not stupid and even walking to or from a stadium in colours in opposition territory you will be fine.
    Precisely right. All this talk of poor stadium design, lack of fan segregation, police not forcing away fans to enter EAS through the north gate etc etc is just excuse making by socially inept ****wits. Most people can support their team, hurl abuse at the opposition and go home at the end of the game without becoming a gormless thug.

If those morons were ostracised from the active support groups, handed over to the seccos/police there'd be no need for any of those measures.

So you reckon we should form some sort of vigilante posse patrolling the streets of Broadmeadow on game days looking for Jets fans and lay the smackdown on them when they step out of line???
    Nah, if something bad happened we'd just pick a scapegoat (probs you or Smeezy), grass you out to make sure we don't lose our 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    Precisely right. All this talk of poor stadium design, lack of fan segregation, police not forcing away fans to enter EAS through the north gate etc etc is just excuse making by socially inept ****wits. Most people can support their team, hurl abuse at the opposition and go home at the end of the game without becoming a gormless thug.

If those morons were ostracised from the active support groups, handed over to the seccos/police there'd be no need for any of those measures.
    Well said. Sad will be the day when stadiums and police resources are all about babysitting a small number of knobheads.

Last season away at Heart there was more then a dozen blokes clearly dressed in Jets gear that asked for tickets in the away end. They received GA tickets and when they got to the away bay security would not let them in forcing them to sit with Heart supporters.
    Just a example of how the powers that be see these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Last season away at Heart there was more then a dozen blokes clearly dressed in Jets gear that asked for tickets in the away end. They received GA tickets and when they got to the away bay security would not let them in forcing them to sit with Heart supporters.
    Just a example of how the powers that be see these things.
    Oh the humanity, however did they survive?

If you were in the squadron at the time you'd understand what I mean
    Ho w would you know if I as there or not, anyway it is irrelevant. you are missing the point.

Just waiting until the NBN starts up and the debates in the Local Forum kick off
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Get rid of the Wanderers, problem solved. I'm sure Canberra or Wooly would love that licence. Front page of Sundy Tele, story about NT hooligans and their younger siblings