Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are

I'm upset that Santa didn't get you that sense of humour for Christmas (i wrote the big man like 6 times asking).
    Don't worry I've now removed you from my 'people who don't like funny things' list.
    Now before this turns into some sort of Tupac/Biggie style beef, let me be the bigger man.
    In all seriousness, with all sincerity* I wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused.
    Looking forward to reading your posts in the Local Forum.
    Oh, and the swear filter kind of messes up the faux outrage posts now, they kind of just look like a bunch of asterisk's.

*Plagues sincerity levels may not meet minimum society standards.

Anyway - Mitch Cooper, sad news.

Banned
    Apoligising for that Plague??

I am embarrassed for you

FU CKING DIS GRACE

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Apoligising for that Plague??

I am embarrassed for you

FU CKING DIS GRACE

sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Member.

I don't know what was better, ForeverRed's completely unexpected outburst or plague's reply

Good work gents.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I don't know what was better, ForeverRed's completely unexpected outburst or plague's reply

Good work gents.
    What was unexpected about it for you??

I thought it was a dead certain laydown mazaire.

The bloke is that predictable I didn't EVEN feel the need to antagonise him any more with remarks about Rubes reckoning the drainage is better at Wanderers Oval than the Chicken Coop etc as Plague had already got in first and loaded the trap already
    Last edited by MFKS; 07-01-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Griff to the pissants. Shame

Banned
    THE chances of Ryan Griffiths returning to the Jets ended last night when the former A-League golden boot agreed to terms with rivals Adelaide United.

Griffiths trained with the Jets on Monday and loomed as a fallback option if the club cannot extend the stay of Nathan Burns, whose loan deal from Korean club Incheon United expires after Friday’s clash against Melbourne Victory at Hunter Stadium.
    See your ad here

But Adelaide came in a with a ‘‘good offer’’ yesterday and, pending a medical, the 32-year-old will join the Reds for the rest of the season. He could be involved as early as Saturday’s away game against leaders Brisbane.

‘‘I was talking with the Jets, but they were unsure about the situation with Burnsy,’’ Griffiths said.

‘‘I would have preferred to stay in Newcastle. I have always tried my hardest for the club and it felt like home, but I didn’t really want to be second choice.

‘‘Adelaide came in with a good offer out of left field. It wasn’t my intention to go to another A-League club and I hope the Jets fans forgive me. But Adelaide were really keen and made a big effort to get me on board. It was nice to be really wanted.’’

Adelaide have been struck down by injury and international duty, especially in the front third.

Bruce Djite (groin), Fabio Ferreira (groin) and Sergio Cirio (hamstring) are sidelined, and Marcelo Carrusca (knee) is in doubt.

Jake Barker-Daish is with the Australian under-22s in Oman.

Griffiths, whose wife and children will stay in Newcastle in the short term, has been without a home since leaving Chinese second-tier club Beijing Baxy, the outfit he gained a release from the Jets to join almost year ago.

‘‘I was looking at a few things over there, but when Adelaide came along I jumped at it. I had gone two months without a salary.

‘‘One minute I was talking to [former Jet] Tarek Elrich, the next thing you know Adelaide were on the phone.’’
    See your ad here

Burns is expected to return to Korea, where he has a year to run on his contract, next week.

The A-League transfer window opens today and closes on February 5, giving the Jets four weeks to negotiate an extension for Burns or find a replacement.
    Least he didn't sign for the Gypo Scum or the ****ing Houso Scum

When did Ryan win the Golden boot?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

this is why the r & j griff are deadset legends.

both are highly apologetic to there moves to other HAL clubs when it is hardly there fault, and how much they love the club.

look at say Nick Carle who said he would never play for another club blah blah, than he signed for Sydney and said he was playing for the biggest club and that he always wanted to play for sydney.

the club are going to look stupid if they now don't get burns. as mentioned in another thread the club should be on the plane to korea TODAY if there intention is to sign burns. .
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    this is why the r & j griff are deadset legends.

both are highly apologetic to there moves to other HAL clubs when it is hardly there fault, and how much they love the club.

look at say Nick Carle who said he would never play for another club blah blah, than he signed for Sydney and said he was playing for the biggest club and that he always wanted to play for sydney.

the club are going to look stupid if they now don't get burns. as mentioned in another thread the club should be on the plane to korea TODAY if there intention is to sign burns. .
    How easily blinded you are - Griffo boys go to whoever shows them the coin first - end of. Ryan could have waited till the weekend if he was serious on staying here.

It maybe that the club think he is past it and aren't interested, he and his agent would have used Jets interest as a marketing tool.

His tweet - "But to be called a fallback player and second preference player by staff at jets is a little rough" - mate you leave the club and they find a younger replacement, sounds like you expect them to just let Burns go and give you a gig. You are second preference - that is FACT.

Past efforts appreciated but time to move on - they are all getting on a bit.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 08-01-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How easily blinded you are - Griffo boys go to whoever shows them the coin first - end of. Ryan could have waited till the weekend if he was serious on staying here.

It maybe that the club think he is past it and aren't interested, he and his agent would have used Jets interest as a marketing tool.

His tweet - "But to be called a fallback player and second preference player by staff at jets is a little rough" - mate you leave the club and they find a younger replacement, sounds like you expect them to just let Burns go and give you a gig. You are second preference - that is FACT.

This +1000
    The bloke walks out at a crucial stage in the season then expects the welcome mat to be laid down when he comes back.

If the club had any sense/BALLS someone should of gone up to Bridges and give him a little tap on the shoulder telling him it might be time to hang up the boots.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Ryan Griffiths signs with Adelaide.
    Well done Middleby, I didn't think you'd be able to pull it off.
    Credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Couldn't agree more.

Both Ryan and Joel did the same thing, walked out of the club mid contract to chase coin. Look at the tantrum Joel pulled when he came back from Loan......refused to even ****ing train until we released him. If that is not disrespectful to the club/fans then nothing is. Ryan left as leading goal scorer at a crucial point of the season.

I don't blame them for chasing money, but lets not call them legends for the way they dealt with join g to other clubs. In my opinion, walking out mid contract is way worse than anything Carle did by not coming back and they have both done it.

Great players while they were here, but time to move on. End of the day R.Griff has been very open about wanting to get back to china. As much as I rate Griff as a player, I'd rather chase someone who is going to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ryan Griffiths signs with Adelaide.
    Well done Middleby, I didn't think you'd be able to pull it off.
    Credit where it's due.
    Given past history of pissing off mid contract to chase money in asia, and given he has not hidden his desire to get back, I wouldn't have signed him either. Great player but too much of a risk of pissing off as soon as anything in China pops up.

Burns should be the fall back option now, if we get him great, but other clubs will probably be looking at him if he can free himself from his contract or gets another loan period approved. What we need is an attacking midfielder who can help unlock defences. We have a squad spot available, an unused visa spot and hopefully some salary cap the problem is going to be finding someone especially with our track record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    We have a squad spot available
    You sure about that.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Can 100% guarantee that he scores the winner against us last round of regular season to knock us out of top 6. Guaranteed, 100% definitely going to happen.

It would be good if we re-sign Burns. Griffiths lose is a bit of a blow but where would he fit in the middle with Taggart and Heskey? Or on the wing if we keep Burns? We shouldn't be looking to replace burns either, ffs we have Goodwin. More than capable to play left wing. As Pico said before, Attacking Mid is where its at for us right now. We need a player that pulls off the shit Broich does for Brisbane. Plenty of people come out and say Heskey only scores or whatever when he is given good service. Anyone scores more when given good service. We just can't seem to find that player to give the good service to the likes of Heskey or Taggart. Not that the service should be down to one player. This club has needed an attacking midfield for years, we had someone for that position last season (whether he was upto scratch or not is a different issue), and the youth team benefited from Ribeiro.

With burns going you have a squad spot (assuming he goes), Bridges is past it and needs to take a step back, theres another squad spot and I would say there wod be a bit of cash available there aswell. If these 2 players left than we could look at an attacking mid and why not look at a proper left back? (piss Galloway off aswell). I won't be expecting any of these though. If we buy in this window, attacking midfield would have to be priority.

bridges is the real villain here

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    If the club had any sense/BALLS someone should of gone up to Bridges and give him a little tap on the shoulder telling him it might be time to hang up the boots.
    Pure speculation on my part, but IIRC Bridges gets his Aus Citizenship this Friday. I reckon he might give it away after that.

Everyone's right, we should hate players who show us (the fans) a little respect as apposed to those who essential tell us all to go get ****ed.

/sarcasm